Suicidal Tower Defence!

Do you like what you hear??

• Total voters
S

Suicidal.Pil

... Why don't you try making a huge TD which is your first map ever, then say that

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
I never really have liked TD's (making them) cause im just no good at balancing.

BTW: I was joking bout the other part

S

Suicidal.Pil

Deathbedeli, I'm not angry at you (Well you shouldn't have said cheers :mad: ) It is Chensi that annoys me

1. Its my Tower Defence, and if i don't like someone's ideas, I don't have to put them in!

2. Some of the towers you gave me sound totally gay, like bad music tower, or sex tower... Sounds like a boring tower you'd find in those stupid mauls.

3. I'd like to see you make a map

4. I can't have a billion towers in one freaking TD. I'm not having a race TD where u can choose races... I have tons of towers as it is.

Some of your ideas were good! AND I AM USING YOUR RECKLESSNESS TOWER! If you still want credit for that tower in my map, i suggest an apology or something.

If i see a good idea, i will use it (If i don't have something similar) And believe me, when i start on my hero towers, i'll be accepting heaps!! (Maybe)

So don't get cocky with me, and start saying its a boring TD when i don't put your ideas in

C

CenshiCheese

Well the best way it think of making units health of units is to just double it every time, first 5, then 10, 20,40,80,160 and continue from there

Anyways, if you've ever played cube defence they used tons of towers wich makes it super fun becouse of variety. only haveing 10 towers in your game isnt fun.

C

CenshiCheese

some1 was complaining about how hard it was to make a health system

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
problem with doubling

^^^yea, thats unbalanced. And that only 10 levels.

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
"AND I AM USING YOUR RECKLESSNESS TOWER! If you still want credit for that tower in my map"

I understand your frustation, However not crediting someone for an idea your using, Just because your annoyed (or wanna rip there head out) by them, Doesn't mean its alright to not cite resources.

IMO

S

Suicidal.Pil

Anyways, if you've ever played cube defence they used tons of towers wich makes it super fun becouse of variety. only haveing 10 towers in your game isnt fun.
Omg...

~1. Cube Defense doesn't have many towers AT ALL (It just has upgrades)

~2. My TD doesn't have 10 f***ing towers. (Someone can't read) It has 18, which is heaps. (And they are all extremely detailed and upgradable)

And I don't know if that health system works so well.

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
Suicidal you don't have to prove your map to nyone just because there flaming you, infact you could just ignore them (and possibly remove there posts wif Mod's help) and get along with map progress!

Anyway im curious, Will the upgrades just increase Damage,Hp,Armour or will they increase the abilitiy power of the tower, Or both, Or wut?

C

CenshiCheese

You can totaly not put my name up there and it wouldnt bother me, i coulda co-created DOTA and it wouldnt bother me to not be up there, its not like im gonna be sayin "HEY I HELPED MAKE THIS GAME U OWE ME!!!!!" or anything like that, i just want this game to be the best it can be.

S

Suicidal.Pil

Well, For all of the towers (Not including hero towers), as they upgrade, so do the abilities/damage EVERY upgrade. At the max level for each tower (Maybe only a few) They gain a castable ability (Like electric tower lvl 5 gains Electric Blizzard (With Custom Electric shard model)).

S

Suicidal.Pil

I have now completed 7 base towers. I will work on more now (I just got home today). :D

EDIT: I'm sorry ChensiCheese, but that recklessness tower is REALLLLLY hard to configure. Well, i have posted a thread on WE help, hopefully someone can help me, :S Otherwise i'm not sure if i can use it :(

2ND EDIT: I feel so bad Chenshi :( I'm sorry but the recklessness tower is SOOOO complicated, it is just way too hard for me :( I will try and bring it out in later patches, when i have gotten more knowledge of triggers, but for now I'm really sorry i just can't :( I don't understand it, no matter how much people show me example triggers :( Sorry man... If you want anything, or think of another good (But kinda easy) tower, let me know

Deathbedeli2

Reaction score
Well im finished implementing the recklessness tower, GET ON MSN FOR ONCE!!!! or tell if its alright to post here in a zip file (with a password ill give u)

O

OmgWtfBacon

WHOAH! I just thought of something. What if somene made a TD where every time you build a tower or upped a tower, the creeps hp increased by like 2 percent? that'd be cool,. and an interesting balance on some TDs.

O

OmgWtfBacon

Deathbedeli2 said:
That would get unbalanced after...oh lets say 10 minutes *Game Message: Creep HP at 3190%*
Lol. maybe by like 1.3 percent? Either way you could still balance the towers damage-wise. It'd just take some time to make. I guess you could make every level of creep have the same hp, but increasing aromor or flying so players would be forced to build more towers, and not go through the game with just like 2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.