Suicidal Tower Defence!

Do you like what you hear??

• Total voters
S

Suicidal.Pil

Hey,

The Name is Suicidal Tower Defense because my warcraft account is Suicidal.Pilot (In Lordaeron)

I have started to make a new TD. It is not like your old average td where you have your SPLASH tower... you AIR RAPER tower... your EXPENSIVE TOWER - WINS GAME tower... or your boring ARROW TOWER...

This is going to be a fresh tower defence, hopefully it will be a big hit. It is my first map ever... but i have a basic knowledge of map making (I hope i don't sound dumb :D)

It is of 8 Players - Solo. Each player has their own section of the map, it is not a TD where you can maze (Eg. Do a cheap maze to make the creeps go rouuund and rouuund forever), It is a tower defence which requires skill!

I have only done the terrain, and 2 towers so far, but I am working on it heaps!

Here are the towers i have in mind - (Note: A ? represents fully undecided)

Penetration Tower - Upgradable 5 times, good at penetration specific armours

Electric Tower - Upgradable 5 times, has a chain lightning attack (Bounce increases per level), Gains lightning style abilities as it levels.

Airborne Destroyer - Upgradable ? times, is not a AIR RAPER, just better against air (May have abilities)

Paralizer - Upgradable 3 times, has a chance to slow an enemy with each attack (May have abilities as level gains)

Death Strike - Upgradable ? times, a strong tower (May have abilities as level gains)

Power Blow - Upgradable ? times, has a chance to stun a unit with each attack, (May have abilities as level gains(I might make a chain-stun or something?))

Unborn Element - A weak tower that can upgrade into different elements.

Element upgrades into:
Earthly Demise
Hand of Darkness
Frozen Glacier
Holy Priest
Burning Breath

-Have not decided what abilities/attacks the elements will have yet

I will also have hero TOWERS in my map, not heroes that can run around (I don't know... Maybe I will make them moveable - not yet decided)

Hero Tower Tauren Warchief - A powerful earthly hero
Hero Tower Elementalist - Using magic as it's strength, the elementalist uses the essence of Earth and Ice
Hero Tower Dark Mage - Using Pure darkness as it's strength
Hero Tower Righteous Fury - A powerful holy warrior, using the light to smite his enemies!
Hero Tower Flaming Death - Using demonic power to do it's bidding, Fire and Death are it's uses.

These are NOT the descriptions in-game, there will be a detailed description for every single tower in the game. But as the hero's grow in power, so do their spells.

--------------------------------- A Picture of Red's Pathing! --------------------------------------

I am most probably going to make a little section for each player in the middle of the map. When a creep reaches the end of a players path, it will transport to here, where i might have a builder who builds different things using mana, not gold. I don't know exactly how it will go, but i might have upgrades for the builder (Maybe using lumber?).

---Oh and one more thing i forgot to mention... There will be HEAPS OF CUSTOM ICONS! Quite a few custom models, and a lot of custom spells (Not JASS i doubt or anything like that, but with triggers).

If ANYONE has any good ideas, please just post your reply!

I hope this Tower Defence doesn't sound Crappy :S

Thanks, Suicidal.Pilot

B

brelinnnn

I don't really have an ideas, but the idea sounds good. I say keep going with it.
icon14.gif

S

Suicidal.Pil

Thanks, oh and by the way, is there a way to make a poll vote AFTER u made the first thread?

S

Suicidal.Pil

Oh, and i will be posting PICTURES and stuff in it...

I just sent my map to a friend and it was 4mb... I know... I am sad... 4mb for the terrain. So i deleted some models.

I am so dumb, that one of the EXAMPLE models i downloaded (the tutorial one) was a freaking MEBABYTE and i didn't even use it :| so yea... i deleted that and a lot of other crazy models... So it is about 1mb-2mb (lets hope)

And don't be afraid to post!!! You don't have to have an idea, i just want a comment or something!!!

C

CenshiCheese

sounds pretty good, but alot of those towers are already used, and btw, if you dont want people to think air destroyer, dont creat any tower taht has the name "air" in it, people with attomaticly think air destroyer, just make normal towers.

your doing good so far, but heres some more tower ideas in case u wanna use em.

1: Net/ice/glue tower, nets/freezes/sticks enemies

2:Suicidal Tower, Slowly drains its own life for every attack, make it exspensive and powerfull, with lots o health of coarse, prolly a slow cooldown so it doesent die in 5 seconds.

3: Voodoo Towers, cast polymorph/hex

4: Recklessness towers, Increases speed but decrease armer, good with slow towers.with lvls it increases less speed and increase dmg still

5: Doom Towers, towers that cast doom, EXTREMELY slow cool down and expensive to boot!

6: Spawn Tower, makes a whole bunch a little creatures(that creeps can walk right through of corse) that attacks them at will.

7:Negetive charge tower, places a negetive charge on a creep with when merged with a positive charge does mass damage

8: Positive charge tower, places Positive charge on a creep with when merged with a negetive charge does mass damage.

9:Bad Music tower, Provides an aura that decreases, well, anything u want.(i suggest not health, that would go agains what u were saying befor).

10:Sex Tower, Make Creeps uncomfertable with the towers topic(second aura tower)

Well it took me about 30 min :nuts: to come up with these topics off the top of my head, so i hope you use them.

Good luck, and Good hunting, and obay the cheese.

S

Suicidal.Pil

Wow, thanks for your advice, but a few of those towers i won't use.

The Net/Glue/Ice i won't use, beacuse i have similar towers like that

Suicidal Tower is a good idea, but i might make it, instead of losing health per attack, i will give it spells, which take away health (And make the tower do no actual damage). So you can use the tower how and when you wish.

I don't think voodoo towers will work well, because i think they cause the units to stop going towards the regions when u hex them.

I don't quite understand recklessness towers, so maybe you could explain a bit more? (Sounds good though :p)

I dont like the doom tower (No offense) because this map isn't really about really expensive towers which are really powerful, and i don't know what would be the point of doom... Would a unit spawn from it when it died? Would doom be castable or would it be the attack?

I won't use spawn towers, because remember my hero towers have lots of abilities, and some will have summon units!

Negative & Positive sounds like a great idea, but i don't know how you would do it :S

Bad Music Tower, ehhh no, lol. I will have other auras though with a real name that slow and do other things.

Sex towers -
Make Creeps uncomfertable with the towers topic
I dont really understand what you mean by that. Isn't that just like a slower?

Thanks a lot though for your ideas, keep in touch :)

C

CenshiCheese

Doom tower wouldnt spawn a unit, just kill the unit in time, it would be expensive becouse if u had alot, you would win atomaticly.

Spawn towers would still be pretty good i think.

The Recklessness tower would give the unit the buff recklessness, wich will make him go faster, while taking more damage, and the higher lvl, the less the increase in speed.

negetive and positive will work with a trigger,

Event positive charge (buff) is put on triggering unit.
conditions unit buff = negetive charge.
Response units health reduces 500dmg
+
response Remove buff Positive charge+negetive charge

sex tower is another aura tower.

Doesent say u have an aura tower or an ice tower

hope i answered your questions

S

Suicidal.Pil

Well, u answered a few of my questions

1. I won't have doom tower, sorry :( but I hate towers where, u get a lot of and u can win, and also i have a lot of towers already.

2. I do have aura towers (The heroes will have auras and maybe some other towers)

3. I think I will do positive/negative charge, what is your account in WC3? I am Suicidal.Pilot in Lordaeron, so add me and tell me

4. (Referring to 3) Yea, well i'll need your help with the triggers for that

5. Recklessness tower sounds great! I am pretty sure i will use that!

So thanks again, and keep in touch - Oh and i do have an ice tower - Frozen Glacier

C

CenshiCheese

my name on wc3 is BladeSharp.

Doom Tower wouldnt be overpowered, it would be expensive couse its a gift that keeps on giving, IE it will keep going until they reach the end, so you wont need towers all along the way. i didnt mean it would be expensive becouse its overpowered.

I would base Recklessness off Frenzy, couse its basicly the same move(has a buff and debuff)

i already said positive/negetive move, less u are talking about recklessness

S

Suicidal.Pil

Event positive charge (buff) is put on triggering unit.
conditions unit buff = negetive charge.
Response units health reduces 500dmg
+
response Remove buff Positive charge+negetive charge

I dont quite understand that trigger :confused: so could you maybe make an exact one With PHP tag around it?

And I understand about the doom tower, but i just won't have it sorry :( But the idea is good! So i might use the actual spell 'Doom' In my towers... Oh yea... Why didn't i think of that before?! I could put Doom in my Dark Mage hero, (Or maybe my Fire/Death hero)

And is BladeSharp on Lordaeron? coz i added u and you are offline.

C

CenshiCheese

wow your right that is a hard trigger, and no im not on right now.

S

Suicidal.Pil

Hmmm... I have thought about the recklessness tower, And i think there would be a problem.

Every time let's say a unit is hit by a slow, and it's movement is decreased to 100 (Example), THEN it is hit by the recklessness tower. I am pretty sure the tower would forget the slow, and make the speed 200% (Or however much it increases speed) faster than it's BASE SPEED (not including the slow).. Do you understand what i mean? And what if the recklessness tower hits first, increasing the speed, THEN a slow tower slows it. Will it slow it down from it's current speed (Slowing down by 100 speed) or its BASE speed, forgetting the recklessness (Go down TO 100 speed fullstop.).

All I'm saying, is they might overlap eachother, causing the unit to go slow and fast each time it is hit (That would like quite wierd, because the unit will be having a siezure if u know what i mean :p It will be going fast/slow/fast/slow in seconds.)

Maybe there is a way to decrease/increase the speed from the CURRENT speed?

If there is, please show me, otherwise :S I think im stuck on that one.

EDIT: Oooh!! OOh!! I think i found out maybe, but you will have to make the slow a TRIGGER not just normal. Make the trigger decrease the unit's speed by Whatever. BUT BUT BUT, instead of making the number Arithmetic, make it Unit - CURRENT Movement speed, And lower it like that. Hmmm I won't do it now, but this is for later.

O

OmgWtfBacon

Suicidal.Pil said:
Thanks, oh and by the way, is there a way to make a poll vote AFTER u made the first thread?
Top of page, Thread TOOLS, MAKE a poll. gl with your game sounds great!

S

Suicidal.Pil

Ok, thanks a lot.

Any more posts? :D Dont be shy!!

EDIT: Oh you, and vote if you think my map is good/bad (On the poll)
~~~~ Don't lie about it, and maybe say why :)

S

Suicidal.Pil

Why?

Sorry about the double post, but AndrewGosu, can u gimme a good reason why u put this is terrible? I don't know what could make it terrible... :(

stavious

Reaction score
Wait so are we just suppose to vote on what we hear? You didn't post the map up yet right? Are you working on it already if not? Or is it just ideas right now? Lots of questions :p .

S

Suicidal.Pil

Heh, of course i am working on the map, but I am starting to get really into it now.

~Terrain:76%
~Towers:4%
~Creeps:0%
~Triggers:9%
~Miscellaneous:2%

As you can see, i Haven't done much yet. This is my first map (Although i have good ideas on how to make maps) and i have had school lately. I started about a week ago, and since then i haven't had much time, but now i am beginning to get more into it.

Of course i will be posting pictures, but :S I dont actually understand, when i press PrintScrn, and then i open the screenshots folders :( nothing is there!

Do you know how to find the screenshots? Because then i could paste it and stuff... But as i do more of my map, i will be sure to post more of it in, and describe it too.

I will also be needing a few testers, but i won't decide that yet. (I am on Lordaeron, so if you arn't you might just have to make a useless account to test it)

Thanks, Suicidal.Pilot

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.