Summon Voidwalker

Beriadan

Reaction score
I am working on a new map using Jaina (now named Jenny, and is now a Warlock) as the players only hero. One of Jenny's powers is to summon a Voidwalker. Some Details:
* Max hero level 20
* Spell in question max level is 4
* Each spell level summons a progressively powerful Voidwalker
* Voidwalker stays still slain
All of this has been done, the problem is that I want the spell to only allow one Voidwalker at a time, like a Far Seers Feral Spirits or Rexars Misha spells. All of her other powers are working fine, that I know of. I've been doing most of my PTing on this spell, and I'd really like to get it out of the way. Help please!!!

- Beriadan

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
There are three ways to do this . . .

First is to make spell cooldown longer than void timed life

second if its not timed life is to create custom spell use the Misha or Summon Bear spell on beastmaster and edit it from there and that is how it will work

If neither of these work which would be shocking you can always do a trigger for it in GUI or Jass which id prefer not to until you try editing the Misha spell to be your voidwalker spell. That should work fine it will be the exact same spell just saves the time of making a trigger for it.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I don't understand why Feral Spirit wouldn't work, but this trigger will easily fix your problem:
Trigger:
  • Only One Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Void Walker
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill Unit_Variable_For_VoidWalker
      • Set Unit_Variable_For_VoidWalker = (Summoned unit)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yeah I've been having the same problem actually with my beastmaster hero. Summons a bear (like Misha), i based it off that same ability, but when i use it in-game, he summons more than 1.

I think it might be bugged or something. I had to resort to the trigger mentioned above to prevent more than 1 summoned unit.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Just for your information, Summon Bear isn't limited to one summon. None of the Beast Master's summons are. Only Feral Spirit-based spells have that effect.

Beriadan

Reaction score
Thank you so much, now I can move on to the next part of the map. If anyone wants a copy emailed to them when I'm done, just ask. I figured the base-it-off-misha-thing would work, but I be lazy. :D The trigger would take much less time, and although everything I know of world edit is self taught, I'm still just a beginner, I think.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Just for your information, Summon Bear isn't limited to one summon. None of the Beast Master's summons are. Only Feral Spirit-based spells have that effect.

Yeah I tried using Feral Spirit as well. Didn't work.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
use the trigger he posted i read it and that should fix the problem just fine, but thats weird i just tested using feral spirit, all i did was change it to one summon wolf and changed the wolf to a random unit and it worked for me, tried to double summon and it replaced the unit like it should. Don't know exactly why its not working for you but just add the trigger the above guy posted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.