Taking Bad and using it as an advantage <<MUST LOOK<<

Your Opinion

• Total voters

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Alright,
Before I start let me give you all some background info. Most of you know what desyncs are. But some of you don't. Desyncs are times when you are in a game and seems like a few players suddenly stopped playing but still talk. And to them it seems like yourself have stopped. As though they are in another game, but not. Desyncs are commonly caused by GetLocalPlayer and Camera panning.

Now thats out of the way, I was thinking. Alot. You know how in regular Orpg's there are things called instances(or dungeons) where a player or a party go into a dungeon by themselves. Becuase Warcraft 3 maps only have limited space to build a "world" why not use desyncs to our advantage.

Your probably looking at this going "What? How? Wow, your dumb" but just think about it, something coded very carefully, where when a party or a player enters an instance in a Warcraft 3 Orpg and the code purposly causes a desync, but the Player/party are doing their own thing in the instance and where there will be no conflict of having to wait for the previous party to get out etc... When they finish somehow code it to bring you out of a desync. Which I don't know can be done. But this idea would be amazing if someone was able to.

After saying this I want to know what you think and if you think it is possible. In my opinion this can be a great new invention in Warcraft 3 maps.

Answer the poll please and tell me what you think.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's impossible without major cheating of the WC3, which I don't think could be used right on multiplayer.

The thing is, if WC3 you could MODIFY the terrain CORRECTLY (Negative craters sometimes fux up, especially with Z point checks and comparing variables with it (My friend and I tried cheating craters with RPs, to actually raise terrain to a value)) it would be a lot easier to do ANYTHING. If SC2 could do that, then you can see some pretty big maps, infinitely large even.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
7 years old games certainly means that the desync will cause the players to drop.

Thats what we call server split, I think.

You can't have the same game played on two instances. NO nO

TheCrystal

Reaction score
The dungeon instance could be done by simply giving a unit two abilities, both are permanent shadow meld (Akama style), one is disabled when attacking but the other one remains active (so permanent shadowmeld even though he's attacking). Certain groups of players could get vision of these units, so they're visible to them. This could allow several groups of players to fight in the same dungeon without seeing eachother. It'd be complicated to do and Collision size would still effect, along with Auras and so forth.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Alright,
Before I start let me give you all some background info. Most of you know what desyncs are. But some of you don't. Desyncs are times when you are in a game and seems like a few players suddenly stopped playing but still talk. And to them it seems like yourself have stopped. As though they are in another game, but not. Desyncs are commonly caused by GetLocalPlayer and Camera panning.

Now thats out of the way, I was thinking. Alot. You know how in regular Orpg's there are things called instances(or dungeons) where a player or a party go into a dungeon by themselves. Becuase Warcraft 3 maps only have limited space to build a "world" why not use desyncs to our advantage.

Your probably looking at this going "What? How? Wow, your dumb" but just think about it, something coded very carefully, where when a party or a player enters an instance in a Warcraft 3 Orpg and the code purposly causes a desync, but the Player/party are doing their own thing in the instance and where there will be no conflict of having to wait for the previous party to get out etc... When they finish somehow code it to bring you out of a desync. Which I don't know can be done. But this idea would be amazing if someone was able to.

After saying this I want to know what you think and if you think it is possible. In my opinion this can be a great new invention in Warcraft 3 maps.

Answer the poll please and tell me what you think.

I know it is possible to use desyncs to separate someone in their own game, as apposed to being kicked. It is not possible however, to bring them back.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
I saw once a game un Desynced, not from code or anything, it was in a footman frenzy game and 3 ppl got desynced and about 20min later they suddenly got un desynced, idk how,... but im sure som1 who is pro at Jass could figure out a way... Hmm,, we should get Romek to look at this

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
But if was able to be done, wouldn't you think this would be amazing thing to use

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
If mouse detection actually worked in WC3, wouldn't you think that an amazing thing to use?

Since it can't be done, there's not much use imagining what we could do with it. SC2 better support something like that, though.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
ofc mouse detection would be amazing, but thats not what i'm talking about... and i don't care about SC2 right now, we still ahve Warcraft 3 so were stuck with what we have...

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
On the Footies game, did you see the allies tab showing them as "Left the game" (i.e. name grayed out) or was it normal. If it wasn't they didn't get desynced. In WC3 (and most games), when you desync, you get dropped from the game.

And I believe you miss Azlier's point. He states that if this worked in WC3, that'd be infinitely awesome. But it can't/isn't/can't be done/whatever.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
hmm well idk what happened.. it happens alot with Footman games, we shoule probably check it out.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That wasn't the question. The question was whether or not you saw them as left the game or not. >_>

It's a yes or no question.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Oh sorry forgot to add, it didn't show that they left the game and it is a desync cuz the bot would say DESYNC detected DESYNC detected

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Once in a Parasite game a guy was talking even after his name was grayed out. It was kind of odd cause when I /whoised him it said he was in the game, seconds later I whoised him again and he was gone.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Oh sorry forgot to add, it didn't show that they left the game and it is a desync cuz the bot would say DESYNC detected DESYNC detected

wtf?

I never played footmanfrenzy.

But since when does a bot tells you if a person desyncs...

I think its a lame system that the mapmaker cooked up that falsely detects desyncs..?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.