Teaching someone how to play:

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I just referred my cousin to get warcraft three (and he did), and he pretty much refuses to play singleplayer. So, basically, I'm forced to talk to him over the phone and teach him how to play. He also uses a laptop so I think it makes it a little bit harder to play without a mouse. I just have so much trouble teaching him the mechanics of the game. Any ideas on how to teach someone how to play this game? (Who also has NEVER played any other RTS game until now)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Refuse to teach him, what is he thinking for trying to learn the game by multiplayer without even experiencing the tutorial? And for even trying to play a game without a proper mouse?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
what blackrose said. The best way to learn is to play the single player campaigns, and tell him to go buy a mouse, couldn't cost him more than $15 for a halfway decent one.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Tell him to send his replayers to you. This, of course, requires that you are a decent player too, so you can give him proper feedback. You can also play against him (custom games) 1on1, and after each game give him feedback.

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Tell him to just play Single Player Campaign all the way through, then when he has the hang of things play with him on Battle.net. I did that and didn't take me long before I was pwning on Battle.net. :D

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I've played ladder on a touchpad before, and crossing your hands really slows you down. If I lost in ladder because my hands aren't fast enough then I'd get so pissed that I'd refuse to do anything and continue playing. On the other hand, if I had a mouse, things would be a lot easier... O and to learn how to play... footmen frenzy 5.4 9 computers any level.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.