US News Texas governor defies Supreme Court ruling, continues to fortify border with razor wire

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14/CBS4) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is pushing back and adding more razor wire to the border fence after Monday's Supreme Court ruling that the border patrol can remove the wire along the southern border.

So far, the border patrol in the borderland has not cut down any of the razor wire.

In the meantime, Abbott says he won’t back down despite the Supreme Court’s ruling, and for now, plans to continue to secure the border however he wants to.

“What Governor Abbott is doing is not just unconstitutional, and it’s not just harmful to very vulnerable people, but it is impairing the border patrol's ability to do their job, and it’s the border patrol that is trained and equipped to address migration,” said Congresswoman Veronica Escobar.

Speaking in El Paso Monday, Escobar said she believes Abbott is out of line for adding more razor wire just a day after the Supreme Court issued the ruling.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Go Texas! Force Washington to fix the border problem. I have no problem against legit Mexican immigration but I live in Texas and I know what is going on with the policy in this country when it comes to immigration and Washington needs to fix this. That is why we have the FEDERAL government. Texas is showing it will call the FEDS on their ridiculous Immigration policy.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Go Texas! Force Washington to fix the border problem. I have no problem against legit Mexican immigration but I live in Texas and I know what is going on with the policy in this country when it comes to immigration and Washington needs to fix this. That is why we have the FEDERAL government. Texas is showing it will call the FEDS on their ridiculous Immigration policy.
I thought this Supreme Court case is a "federal law vs. state law" and "federal jurisdiction vs. state jurisdiction" thing when it comes to the southern borders?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Texas does not give a fuck. The Feds do not know what is going on. The Federal Border Patrol is hampered by not being empowered to do anything except what Washington tells them. Washington is a long ways away from Texas. Just look at New York already suing on the costs they are experiencing from Texas bussing migrants to there Sanctuary city and they have the statue of liberty. There is nothing wrong with immigration from Mexico except that the Federal Government makes it a crime to do it in any way that is actually possible. I do not agree with alot of the Texas government policies but I am in agreement on this one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.