The Go FiSH! Thread

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Hey Luth, as much as I like go fish and go fish II, you really should bring out go fish III with a LOT more. On almostinteractive.com i think i said that the game isn't very popular... You said it gets hosted a lot, but I never see it hosted anymore!!! So maybe add make your own rods... Or make your own boat even? Point is, please keep making new versions of go fish :)

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
What good would building your own rod or boat do? Eventually, everyone who ever plays would be making the exact same rod or boat anyway, whatever was deemed as "best." While a fun-sounding idea, I think it would play out in much the same way bait does; people do without until they can afford the best.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Why don't you balance the rod parts and boat parts then. Just like with ladder in Warcraft 3, most orc players think tauren with shaman are the best, but they can be eaten up by a kodobeast and therefore countered efficiently, or with air. Try to balance it out like the best rod part has a 20% chance to break by having a heavy fish or the fastest boat engine has 5% chance of engine problems and breaks down for about 2 seconds. Try to balance it out like that and you should be fine.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Breaking rods, like Selling rods, is a bad idea. It can wind up putting the user in a position where he is unable to purchase a new rod, and is therefore out of the game. Thats a big No Fun.

Adding a 5% chance to break down for 2 secs on the Yacht probably wouldnt keep people from buying it. Most of the time in a boat is spent idling, and having your boat simply stop for no apparent reason other than "it just does that" would, I'm sure, prove to be just plain annoying, and wouldnt add any more Fun to the game. Making things worse for no explainable reason is something that I try to avoid; most people just find it unpleasing.

I appreciate the input, but I cant agree with these specific suggestions.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
This is a good game, but it needs more rods, and I suggest a system that lets you choose what you look like instead of being the quillboar or w/e it is...also I think there should be a store that sells tomes of strength for like 1500 gold... :D and an unlimited day function xD

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Necro from years and beyond however, I really love go fish and I've recently reinstall warcraft 3 to find that that great 1.24 patch has completely wasted many maps.

So does any lovely person wants to edit the code where possible to make it work again please do tell me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.