The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
3 levels all at the same time
for that i made it customisable .. as in if you decided to make the each level ccome 1 at a time you can just change the variable.(i felt it look better if each level had a delay between them) :p
change the following (as stated in the comments)
Trigger:
  • -------- change the value underneath for delay between each wave --------
    • -------- set to dist_travel for all at once --------
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Dist_Travel[(Integer A)] Less than or equal to 300.00 <-----
        • Count_Shot[(Integer A)] Less than 2
      • Then - Actions
        • -------- setting arguments for simulated 'functions' --------
        • Set Temp_Unit[1] = Caster[(Integer A)]
        • Set Temp_Unit[2] = Target[(Integer A)]
        • -------- +180 to change direction(angle is set to the travel angle) --------
        • Set integerAngle = (Angle[(Integer A)] + 180.00)
        • Set Height = (Count_Shot[Integer] + 1)
        • Trigger - Run Spawn <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        • -------- created gust count shot set to current gust + 1 --------
        • Set Count_Shot[Integer] = (Count_Shot[(Integer A)] + 1)
        • Set Count_Shot[(Integer A)] = 4
        • -------- count shot is set to 4 so in next loop this if then else will not run (ie will not create another unit --------
      • Else - Actions
        • -------- 100 is value of radius>>when the missile should stop --------

if this isnt the issue, then i misunderstood your request lol

rongheng

Reaction score
ok but still i nid 3 levels on top of each other of the same set.(not as in adding the skill 3 levels)

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
not as in adding the skill 3 levels
??
the spell made only has 1 level?
ok but still i nid 3 levels on top of each other of the same set
perhaps the height between each 'level' is too small?? try increasing the height in the object editor

rongheng

Reaction score
as u can see i change wad u told me in the spell and 3 waves, became 1. so i nid 3 levels high now(i can set it in the object editor but the units are not there, as in not on 2nd and 3rd lvl)
sounds confusing...

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
can set it in the object editor but the units are not there, as in not on 2nd and 3rd lvl)
not there??? the units names are gust with brackets, ieg (0, +50, -50) remember to change minimum height and movement height as well as the appropriate values (as stated in the comments)

just clarifying..the trigger creates 7x3 units around a single unit, so this is not what you want?? :S
it first creates 7 and then it loops this process 3x while increasing the height between each loop, ie first layer has 7 gust (-50), second layer gust (0), third has gust (50). the gust unit all have by default 50 distance between each other, and i think the enclosegroup(2) map i enlarged the models– so the 'levels' are not that obvious.

ill post a pic of what the 3 levels i interpreted as.
View attachment 36929

rongheng

Reaction score
ok but i changed the variables like wad u wanted and only 1 set came out. means tat the 2nd and 3rd set of units wif different height didnt spawn in the first place.

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
post a sample map please
btw, i uploaded enclose_group(3), which includes the use of only 1 model, and the heights are adjustable through triggers, as you requested earlier.

rongheng

Reaction score
The enclose 3 has a problem, i changed the dummy unit's model and the model size became super big. i changed the scaling value and it looked fine in the editor, but when i test it, it is still big(its as big as i cant see the top of the model). i also do not wan the dummy units to enclose following the terrain, i wan them enclosing straight and smooth, and i also want them to enclose from a further distance and u might nid to set their collision off.
The previous problem is also not solved as i wanted 3 groups enclosing together. The 3 levels i am talking about is like this:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 283

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
changed the dummy unit's model
you are meant to change the Model_SFX variable not the model itself, it should remain as Dummy.mdx
from a further distance
customizable in preload trigger, & a few other more

to enclose following the terrain,
trade off for this is if a unit is on an angle, some of parts of the model will appear under terrain.. can you send me the model you want for these layers so that i can adjust the methods appropriate to address this issue-i got a few solutions in hand atm

and i cant tell whether in your pic the models are stacked on top of each other vertically or horizontally, however referring back to the pic i posted earlier, the units are stacked vertically. is this want you want (you have yet to answer this q)

Jae

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering how my spell is doing? is it gonna get started?

sorry im impatient

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Completed the spell Blizzard Breeze.

Attachments

• Blizzard Breeze.w3x
    25.8 KB · Views: 310

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
- then what is 'building 'high' levels' earlier that you spoke of :p
- can you send me the model and sample size so i can adjust it to not follow terrain height

EDIT: the pic looks vertical..

EDIT2: Model_SFX is a string variable that you can customize in preload trigger.

"to enclose following the terrain," << your quote, i am aware of that :D just that quote boxes take up too much space, ie
to enclose following the terrain,
so when looking at it in side view

its NOT
|
|
|

its
_ _ _

??

Jae

Reaction score
Sweet man! im gonna check it out right now... thank you man!! your the best

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
I want it like this:
thats vertical >>

also, as i was saying before, not accounting for terrain height means that they will travel at the their default height

@Glenphir
i deleted Gust & Enclose, not knowing that the links on first page links to the link of the spell, rather than the link to your attachment storage xD did you still wanted me to upload them?

Attachments

• Enclose_Group(4).w3x
    62 KB · Views: 275

Sjaakje

Reaction score
Tidal Wave, 3 levels

Spell Type: MUI if possible.

Description: Summons a gigantic tidal wave that flows over the area. It is summoned about 400 behind the caster, and it should look like a line of about 6, see what fits best, waves (from the crushing wave model) next to each other. These waves will move in the direction the caster was looking when he cast the spell (it is not channeled). The line of waves keeps moving forward, and shortly after the line has moved a new line is behind it, and behind this line another one will come shortly afterward. At level 2 another wave is behind this one, and at level 3 yet another.

Each wave will push back any unit it touches, and the entire tidal wave will move to about 600 in front of where the caster was when he cast the spell. When the first line reaches that spot, it vanishes, but the other lines of the tidal wave will still move until they too reach that spot and vanish.

Units that are touched by the wave are pushed back and stunned during this time, and for each half second being stunned/pushed back take 40/65/90 damage.

Other Remarks: This might help you see what it should look like a little:
28up5z4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.