The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Hope Glenphir doesn't mind me trying the poisonous double, anyway does the mirror image have an expiration time? Or will just last forever until someone kills it?

Sure. Then I'll work on the Shadow Step Trap. Few questions.

1) The flames are invisible. However, are they visible if let's say the enemy has something to reveal invisibility? Or do you want it to still be "invisible" regardless of that?

2) The circle of flame is created only at the last circle, correct?

3) So the unit is dragged (sliding motion) towards every single flame path and at the first one, the unit is damaged?

4) What if no unit enters the circle of flame. Is there a duration in which how long the circle of flame lasts?

Happy

Reaction score
sooo....^^

1) they shall be invisible...only the caster (and maybe the allied player) should be able to see it...no matter whether true sight or not.

2) the circle is only created at the last flame right ^^ so something like a mark of the trap where it catches the unit and where it doesnt.

3) right...its moved slightly to every flame and when it reached the last one it gets damaged.

4) yes and no ^^ it shall be where until the spell is casted once again. if the spell is casted again the flames shall be removed. if a unit is trapped and on the way over the flames they shouldnt be removed if its casted again. then it shall work like the trap is supposed to be^^

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I didn't really catch number 4. So, when the enemy is dragged to the first flame, it'll be trapped there until the spell is re-cast?

Happy

Reaction score
nonono^^

the flames last until the spell is casted again. if its casted again the flames of the previous casting shall be instandly removed. but if its casted again (normally the flames shall be removed then) and a unit is trapped in the previous one the flames of the previous one isnt removed and the trapped unit get damaged and moved like it should.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Is it ok if the poisonous double doesn't appear blue to the owner? because I can't find a way to select the mirror image :( unless, that is the only mirror image skill in the game.

Happy

Reaction score
no its not the only mirror image spell in the map^^

so yes its okay if its not blue...or better it doesnt matter ^^

skyblader

Reaction score
Turns out it isn't as simple as I thought.. I'll have to push it back further, few hours later/tomorrow. So Glenphir please make it if you're free..

Happy

Reaction score
thats the reason why i dont make it myself ^^ but its okay ^^ maybe ill get the time to try it myself but i dont think so...

skyblader

Reaction score
Okay.. I tried my best. No idea, why the effects work properly sometimes and why not sometimes.. I don't see what's wrong with the triggers. Hope it's up to expectations :thup:

Download from here.

Yeah basically... remember to have a dummy unit, copy the abilities and buffs, remember to create the variables, or just check automatically create variables in preferences, and you're done with importing. If you have any questions on how to edit the values, do ask. I tried my best to make it simple for you :)

GOGETIA

Reaction score
Okay well i would like a working kamehameha all the others have been broken

make it however you want i dont really get those mui or vjass or whatever just however it works best for you

i just need it to be a spell that has a 25 times agility plus 300 times spell level damage with range of about 1500 and make sure that it doesnt knock down trees
i dont really care about color but golden or black would look cool

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
@Happy
Actually, I still don't quite get the idea ><
So, if a unit gets caught in the circle of flame, basically the unit is dragged back and all the flames disappear after the unit takes damage?

Okay well i would like a working kamehameha all the others have been broken

make it however you want i dont really get those mui or vjass or whatever just however it works best for you

i just need it to be a spell that has a 25 times agility plus 300 times spell level damage with range of about 1500 and make sure that it doesnt knock down trees
i dont really care about color but golden or black would look cool

Please refer to the first page and follow the format. Even if you say "kamehameha", not everyone will know. Describe it.

Happy

Reaction score
okay....i try to make it step by step^^

1. spell is cast
2. for the next 12 seconds the hero leaves an invisible black flame thingi every 200 range (the first appears where he casted the spell)
3. after 12 seconds around the last created flame a circle of these flames appear (this circle has a range of 300 & is just the area which an enemy unit has to enter to activate the trap)
4. if an enemy unit enters this circle all flames get visible and the enemy unit is dragged to the flame the circle is around (the enemy unit shall be paused)
5. the circle disappears now
6. the trapped unit is dragged now (sliding movement) to the flames (for example: 10 flames were created -> its trapped in the 10th flame -> moved from the 10th to the 9th then to the 8th and so on)
7. the flames disappear after the trapped unit "reached" the next one (example: if there are 10 flames -> if the unit reached the 9th flame the 10th flame disappears....when it reached the 8th flame the 9th disappears and so on)
8. when the trapped unit reaches the last flame (the flame created when the hero casted the spell) it get damaged by (X x number of flames)

i hope you got the idea now :D

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
4. if an enemy unit enters this circle all flames get visible and the enemy unit is dragged to the flame the circle is around (the enemy unit shall be paused)
5. the circle disappears now

Wait, enemy enters the circle and all flames get visible. I get that part. But enemy unit is dragged to the flame? Isn't the dragging part at number 6? You mean dragged to the last created flame where the circle is? Then the circle disappears?

Happy

Reaction score
right ^^

enemy enters the circle...is dragged to the middle...so to the flame around which the circle is...then the circle disappears...^^

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
right ^^

enemy enters the circle...is dragged to the middle...so to the flame around which the circle is...then the circle disappears...^^

Okay, got it. Last question. The trail of flame is left behind and everything. However, let's say no enemy ever enters the circle. Will this trail of flame last forever until an enemy walks on the circle or is there an expiration time?

Happy

Reaction score
it last as long as the spell isnt casted again...so if the spell is casted again the flames are removed...

sole exception: a unit is inside the trap when the spell is casted again...then the trap shall work like it should ^^ so if no enemy is in the trap the trap shall disappear if the spell is casted again...if a unit is trapped in it and the spell is casted again the previous trap doesnt disappear

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Okay. Will work on it shortly. By the way, do you need the Poisonous Double or is the one done by skyblade333 fine?

Happy

Reaction score
havent test it...ill do it in some hours i think^^

but i think its not that good because he said that it works sometimes...and sometimes it doesnt...

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Light binding

Code Preference: GUI/triggers

Spell Type: MUI

Description: Summons 4 missiles that pick either random units in x range of the target point or they just all target the targeted unit of the ability being cast (they activate on passing units but continue to target the targeted unit.), if the target units die the missiles re-target to the closest unit within x range and if they die they re-target. missiles last for 30 seconds.

Other Remarks: if there no target they could just keep going in the same direction until they hit the borders and die, if theres an off chance you can get them to avoid walls, much like a unit would to get near other instead of just wall hacking its way through that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.