Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Light binding

Code Preference: GUI/triggers

Spell Type: MUI

Description: Summons 4 missiles that pick either random units in x range of the target point or they just all target the targeted unit of the ability being cast (they activate on passing units but continue to target the targeted unit.), if the target units die the missiles re-target to the closest unit within x range and if they die they re-target. missiles last for 30 seconds.

Other Remarks: if there no target they could just keep going in the same direction until they hit the borders and die, if theres an off chance you can get them to avoid walls, much like a unit would to get near other instead of just wall hacking its way through that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
D.

Is this a targeted spell? If so, how does the missiles target random units if there is already a targeted unit? o.o

About the avoiding wall thing, not too sure about that.

massive

Reaction score
Spell Name:Absorption
Spell Type:GUI,MUI,Passive
Spell Description:50% Of An Attack Made To This Unit Is Converted Into Health.

This Spell Has Only 1 Level.
Thx :thup:

massive

Reaction score
Isn't this basically Vampiric Aura?

Uhm i think u din understand the description..let me try again..
The Enemy Attacks My Hero.My Hero Has Absorption,Half Of Damage Taken By My Hero Is Absorbed Into Life.
If Possible Make A Special Effect When Life Is Absorbed...thx

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
So you mean 50% of the damage taken is healed back to the attacked unit?
(so it's basically damage ignore)

And please use prober leangue;
u = you
din = didn't

And only use capitaliced words after a .
(No offense!)

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is this a targeted spell? If so, how does the missiles target random units if there is already a targeted unit? o.o

About the avoiding wall thing, not too sure about that.

Target point of the ability Being Cast and a target point spell, doesnt channel have the option?

GOGETIA

Reaction score
okay i read the format and im trying again

Kamehameha

code preferance and spell type: whatever works best

Description: sends a blast of energy to the enemy. kinda looks like the revive or level up circle on its side blasting to somebody. if you can make it have 10 levels or if thats not possible then just 3. It's damage should be strength times 25 + level of ability times 300. It should be pretty big... im not sure how to describe how big if you have ever seen dbz or played a dbz map you know how big to make it if you dont just use the level up thing on its side and if you multipy that size by about 3 that would be pretty acurate i guess. For the color if theres only 3 levels i want first to be red second blue and third golden but if there is 10 levels they should all be golden

Other Remarks: it does not have to target a specific unit you can just shoot it off in a random direction. Make sure it cant knock down trees of anykind

thanks i hope this was better

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Is this a targeted spell? If so, how does the missiles target random units if there is already a targeted unit? o.o
Target unit or point spell.

Do enjoy making a MUI spell like that in GUI though. It can be done... Eventually. And it'll be awfully inefficient for something like that. :p

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
basically when targeting the ground the missiles take in an area of x range and select random units and go after them, if they come in contact on the way with foreign non-allied units/buildings/destructables they activate on the imposing object deal its damage and exploding(removing itself). If their target is dies before they get there they take in an area of x range around them and target the closest unit until they hit their target or foreign non-allied units/buildings/destructables or expire from their timer.

The target unit cast would be just forcing their targets on which the caster chooses instead of randomly choosing, so all four of the missiles would home in on the targeted unit unless they hit a foreign non-allied unit/building/destructable dealing their damage and exploding (removing itself), and if their target dies during the home sequence they find new targets near them and search and destroy, unless they are interrupted by a foreign non allied unit/building/destructable dealing their damage and exploding (removing itself).

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
basically when targeting the ground the missiles take in an area of x range and select random units and go after them, if they come in contact on the way with foreign non-allied units/buildings/destructables they activate on the imposing object deal its damage and exploding(removing itself). If their target is dies before they get there they take in an area of x range around them and target the closest unit until they hit their target or foreign non-allied units/buildings/destructables or expire from their timer.

The target unit cast would be just forcing their targets on which the caster chooses instead of randomly choosing, so all four of the missiles would home in on the targeted unit unless they hit a foreign non-allied unit/building/destructable dealing their damage and exploding (removing itself), and if their target dies during the home sequence they find new targets near them and search and destroy, unless they are interrupted by a foreign non allied unit/building/destructable dealing their damage and exploding (removing itself).

Ah okay. So basically, the missiles explode if there's an obstacle in it's path? (non-allied units/building/destructible).

Uhm i think u din understand the description..let me try again..
The Enemy Attacks My Hero.My Hero Has Absorption,Half Of Damage Taken By My Hero Is Absorbed Into Life.
If Possible Make A Special Effect When Life Is Absorbed...thx

So, it's basically a 50% damage reduction?

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ah okay. So basically, the missiles explode if there's an obstacle in it's path? (non-allied units/building/destructible).

yep perfect if u cant do the pathing for the missile just make it destroy itself when it hits walls or cliffs

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
yep perfect if u cant do the pathing for the missile just make it destroy itself when it hits walls or cliffs

So basically, can I make it explode when encountering an unpathable terrain? Or do you specifically need it to be walls and cliffs? Well, unpathable terrain pretty much is that, except it would also include water, I think.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So basically, can I make it explode when encountering an unpathable terrain? Or do you specifically need it to be walls and cliffs? Well, unpathable terrain pretty much is that, except it would also include water, I think.

Well preferably now that i think about it cliffs and water would be nice, but if its just easier than sure, any unpathable terrain.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Completed the spell Shadow Step Trap.

Note that I couldn't find a black flame, thus you'll have to find a custom black flame model (tinting the flame black didn't work). Just change the model of "Shadow Step Trap Dummy". Also note that I used a lot of customs script, simply because my GUI hashtable wasn't working. Thus, had to use hashtable via custom script.

Attachments

• Shadow Step Trap.w3x
    27.9 KB · Views: 309

Happy

Reaction score
thanks glenphir :D:D:D

the spell works perfect :thup:<3:thup:<3

only thing i have to do now is looking through it and get where i have to change which value xD

and special thanks for the eyecandy xD

EDIT: one question left....are the flames and so on really invisible?? i couldnt check that ^^

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
thanks glenphir :D:D:D

the spell works perfect :thup:<3:thup:<3

only thing i have to do now is looking through it and get where i have to change which value xD

and special thanks for the eyecandy xD

EDIT: one question left....are the flames and so on really invisible?? i couldnt check that ^^

No problem. The values can be changed in the "Spells Var" trigger. They should be. Try test it online :p

Well, I did try test it on myself, and it worked. So, it SHOULD work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.