The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Wow, haven't been working on these for quite some time. Meh, I just lost interest in GUI :p Plus, school's really intense these days. Will work on spells if I have spare time.

Lol. Good work. I don't know how you can stand reading GUI much less writing it >_<

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Is this thread still open?

At the moment, no. I'm currently busy with my own map making, thus, this thread will be closed, at least temporarily. But, feel free the download all the spells that have been created already. I won't be removing them.

roXplosive

Reaction score
Well after a couple of day's work it has arrived . I have made a custom Energy Blades spell but the math involved was pretty amusing so i made it it jass . because i'm not a chinese rice farmer and i don't want to take weeks writing some code when you can use functions and other goodies . So here is what you can change :

-Missile speed
-Maximum distance traveled in front
-starting angle : should be a negative angle greater than -90 degrees for obvious reasons
- the raport between the X distance of the end or the circular segment and the maximum X distance of the circular segment relative to the origin obviously a subunitary value . The greater it is the more it arcs around
- The other curve i selected was a portion of parabola set to best fit some points . You can chance the coordinates of the best fit but I recommend keeping them in the interval [0,10] for better relevance

The missiles only damage stuff on the second arc of the curve . I have made a boolean expression to check if every missile should damage an enemy once . It is disabled so there is mayhem around when the blades are casted , be sure to check it out if you feel the need , and added a variable to set the AoE detection of the blades . Also check my comment with regards at your damage progression .

When you import you will need to take the dummy caster and the missile units along , also do not forget to change their unit codes . Also change the ability codes of the abilities imported in the triggers in the global section of the scope and the initialization trigger of the function . If it's not good enough know i did my best and picked a pretty simple function for the return arc to ease computations . Maybe if you want something better you could plot the exact trajectory on math/milimnetric paper and upload it , then i could try and interpolate it using some spline curves .

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VHY3T25

roXplosive

Reaction score
Have changed a bit the starting values and converted to vJass for easier import :

Attachments

• Energy Blades vJass.w3x
    26.9 KB · Views: 279

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Have changed a bit the starting values and converted to vJass for easier import :

Thanks for all your trouble but i needed it in gui not jass, sorry if you didnt see a preference, i just thought this whole thread was gui not jass.

ill check your previous one though i dont know if its jass or not.

yah its jass, I cant understand jass i never will sadly. I got my idea of this spell off Drainpipes AOS its an open map, and a spell polymorphasher or something to that effect did the same thing. take a look if u like

Attachments

• DrainPipe'sAoS.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 316

roXplosive

Reaction score
I don't say it's impossible to make in gui but it would take ages to write the formulas and replace functions used in loops with for loops . Basically you could easily make the spell trigger in gui after the initalisation is done , but writing the initialisation sequence would be tiresome and take a good few days . I hope you understand : clicl Arithmetic , click operation to be done , click left operand and you might have another arithmetic ...... AAAAAAGES .

rafaxik

Reaction score
Combat Mastery

The Idea of this spell is In its highest level:
Whenever he gets surrounded by enemies, he becomes more and more dangerous, having 20 % chance to deal 16 damage per (enemy) unit all nearby enemies in 600 AoE.
See the code:
Hero has chance to damage units in AoE by the amount enemy units around him.
Level 1 - 5 % chance to deal 4 AoE Damage for each unit in 150 AoE
Level 2 - 10 % chance to deal 8 AoE Damage for each unit in 300 AoE
Level 3 - 15 % chance to deal 12 AoE Damage for each unit in 450 AoE
Level 4 - 20 % chance to deal 16 AoE Damage for each unit in 600 AoE
EDIT: Bump! :banghead: Now I see he's busy... Anyone else?

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if you just want a spell like your description look up pulverize in the object editor

Kling[o]

Reaction score
The Idea of this spell is In its highest level:
Whenever he gets surrounded by enemies, he becomes more and more dangerous, having 20 % chance to deal 16 damage per (enemy) unit all nearby enemies in 600 AoE.
See the code:
Hero has chance to damage units in AoE by the amount enemy units around him.
Level 1 - 5 % chance to deal 4 AoE Damage for each unit in 150 AoE
Level 2 - 10 % chance to deal 8 AoE Damage for each unit in 300 AoE
Level 3 - 15 % chance to deal 12 AoE Damage for each unit in 450 AoE
Level 4 - 20 % chance to deal 16 AoE Damage for each unit in 600 AoE
EDIT: Bump! :banghead: Now I see he's busy... Anyone else?

I tried to make your spell. If you find any problem tell me

View attachment Another Spell.w3x

Rakaesa

Reaction score
My spell.

I'm one of those people that love the idea of awesome looking, badass boss spells. I could trouble you and ask you to make TONS For me, but I obviously won't because you're so busy. So instead i'll just ask for one spell, and see what I can do about others myself.

Raklasa Doosia Zentosia Rak (Don't ask where I got the name. Lol.)

Spell Type: Not sure about these types, but if it helps only one unit is using it.

Mana: 100 (20 extra every level), Cooldown: 45 seconds for all levels.

Levels: 3

Description: This might be tough to make, I have no idea because i've never made a custom spell like this with triggers and stuff. Anyways..Know the charm model? big blue swirly thing? This spell should probably be based on shockwave..It has a casting time of 8 seconds, and when used the Charm model appears infront of the hero, growing by 20 size every second (Starting at default size). Once the cast time is up, it launches foward like the shockwave spell, dealling 125 damage (100 extra each level), and also stuns them for 2 seconds (one second extra each level). But here's the tricky part. Along with this, every unit that is affected by the shockwave (Or every unit that takes damage), also takes an extra 25 damage (25 extra each level) with the model of Ressurection hitting them. If it doesnt make sense let me know, i'll try to clarrify.

Other Remarks: This is probably going to be tough, and you might not be able to get it, but if you can get atleast somewhat close to that spell i'll be very grateful. If you can't do it, no problem, there's no pressure. It's not a NEEDED spell, but it would make my map a lot more cool for a boss spell.

rafaxik

Reaction score
I tried to make your spell. If you find any problem tell me

View attachment 37501

Nice map, but it leaks...
Also, Just cancels attack that you got the chance to activate the trigger... Thanks anyway. Since I've noticed that this thread's not being answered, I've opened another and was solved.

Your trigger:
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Insert Your Name Here for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (5 x (Level of Insert Your Name Here for (Attacking unit)))
    • Actions
      • Set AttackingUnit = (Attacking unit)
      • Set TriggeringUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set PositionOfTriggeringUnit = (Position of TriggeringUnit)
      • Set Damage = (4.00 x (Real((Level of Insert Your Name Here for AttackingUnit))))
      • Set AOE = (150.00 x (Real((Level of Insert Your Name Here for AttackingUnit))))
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units within AOE of PositionOfTriggeringUnit matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of AttackingUnit)) Equal to True))))
      • Set NumberOfUnit = (Number of units in UnitGroup)
      • Set DamageCalculation = (Damage x (Real(NumberOfUnit)))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PositionOfTriggeringUnit using Abilities\Weapons\DemolisherFireMissile\DemolisherFireMissile.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PickedUnit = (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Cause AttackingUnit to damage PickedUnit, dealing DamageCalculation damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PositionOfTriggeringUnit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)

I'll post when I finish the last things on the trigger that worked.
It's now this:
Trigger:
  • Combat Mastery
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • ((GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Cold Arrows (Non-stacking)) Equal to True) or ((GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Combat Mastery (Stacking)) Equal to True)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set CombatMasteryInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CombatMasteryInteger Less than or equal to ((Level of Combat Mastery buff placer for GDD_DamageSource) x 3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CombatMasteryPoint = (Position of GDD_DamageSource)
          • Set CombatMasteryAoE = (185.00 x (Real((Level of Combat Mastery buff placer for GDD_DamageSource))))
          • Set CombatMasteryUnits = (Units within CombatMasteryAoE of CombatMasteryPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource)) Equal to True))
          • Set CombatMasteryInteger2 = (Number of units in CombatMasteryUnits)
          • Set CombatMasteryReal = ((Real(CombatMasteryInteger2)) x (5.00 x (Real((Level of Combat Mastery buff placer for GDD_DamageSource)))))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in CombatMasteryUnits and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage (Picked unit), dealing CombatMasteryReal damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_CombatMasteryUnits)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CombatMasteryPoint)
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Remove Combat Mastery (Non-stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Unit - Remove Combat Mastery (Stacking) buff from GDD_DamagedUnit
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Kling[o]

Reaction score
But here's the tricky part. Along with this, every unit that is affected by the shockwave (Or every unit that takes damage), also takes an extra 25 damage (25 extra each level) with the model of Ressurection hitting them. If it doesnt make sense let me know, i'll try to clarrify

This part doesn,t make sense.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
@Kling[o], let me try to clarrify it. Imagine the charm (Or shockwave) flying along the line, hitting units. Got that, obviously. But, every unit that it sucessfully HIT (Not just all the units in the area), takes an extra 25 damage with the Ressurection spell model hitting them.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
As I said I don't even know what those spell types mean or stand for, but if it helps only one unit (The specific hero/boss) will be using it.

eztype1

Reaction score
Living Armor

Spell Name
Living Armor
Spell Type: whatever is easiest

Description: the living armor from dota, Increases armor by <x> and gives <x> health regeneration

Other Remarks: i have no idea how to make it :X

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Quoted directly from the rules:

# DOTA SPELLS - Please keep in mind that not everyone plays DotA. If you are asking for help with a DotA ability, then please describe the ability itself rather than just stating the name of it and assuming that we know what it does.
..otherstuff..
# Also, if you need help creating a spell, don't just tell us the name of the spell you're trying to re-create (if you're trying to re-create a spell). Give a thorough description of what the spell will do.

Another quote from this thread:

At the moment, no. I'm currently busy with my own map making, thus, this thread will be closed, at least temporarily. But, feel free the download all the spells that have been created already. I won't be removing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.