The Spell Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I was hovering around the forums and took a look at some spells , but i have found Bless of Darkenss not satisfying and reworked it a bit so that only units inside the pentagram are damaged and if the spell is cast a second time the first instance explodes instantly . I mean no offense and if i did offend you , you have my apologies .

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0AM82O7

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Spell: Magic Barrage

Levels: 3

Description: Invokes void particles that gather inside the Void Mage's soul bag that can be used as powerful spell barrage. Every 15 seconds 1 charge is created that can be used to cast an AoE blast that deals static + X damage to all nearby enemy units within 400 range, where X is 4*Intelligence of the Void Mage. Maximum of 7 charges.

Level 1 - 100+X damage
Level 2 - 150+X damage
Level 3 - 200+X damage

Thing is, for this spell its making charges that represent if the hero can cast the spell or not. Its like payment; you pay 1 charge to cast the spell. If the hero doesn't have enough charges, then he cannot cast and has to wait for the ability to make a charge.

The tough part is the "containing" of a trigger that will create "void particles" every 15 seconds and capping at 7 charges. But anyway, here is my spell idea and if you create it as I wrote it (or in anyway simular) i't be magnificent.

I would like this ability GUI, for now. :)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I was hovering around the forums and took a look at some spells , but i have found Bless of Darkenss not satisfying and reworked it a bit so that only units inside the pentagram are damaged and if the spell is cast a second time the first instance explodes instantly . I mean no offense and if i did offend you , you have my apologies .

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0AM82O7

No offense taken. And the spell was meant to be MUI (I think), so kept it MUI.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

Attachments

• Missile Path.JPG
    Missile Path.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 286

roXplosive

Reaction score
I have made a variant of Magic Barrage . If it isn't what you had in mind say what went wrong apart from me epic filing in making the hero spell based on Channel (the spell doesn't display AoE) . You could specify the AoE and AoE increment you would like . I put in the Blizzard default of 200 .

View attachment Magic Barrage.w3x

Ryth

Reaction score
Spell Name: Materia Ripples, Gravitational Crater.

Spell Type: MUI

Description: As the name part suggests, I actually need two spells, since they are meant to be usable both sepratley and as a combo.
If you decide to help me with this then this is what I want:
The first ability is supposed to send out ripples from the caster in a circle, with the range being 500 [lvl1], 600 [lvl2] 700 [lvl3] and 800 [lvl4]. I want the ripples to do normal damage, damaging 100 at lvl 1 and 250 at lvl 4, going up 50 damage per lvl in between. That is all I want that spell to do if you use it individually.
The thought for the second ability is to have it make a crater deformation at a location chosen by the caster, with a casting range of 700 and with the crater size ranging from 300 AoE [lvl1] and up to 600 AoE [lvl4], increassing by 100 AoE per lvl, and slowing everyone within the crater because of the extreme gravitaion. The crater is supposed to last 3 seconds, and I want the units within the crater to be slowed to 250 [lvl1], 240 [lvl2] 230 [lvl3] 220 [lvl4]. This ability will have no other effect if used individually.
Now then, here comes the effect of using the abilities togheter: the thought is that if you use "Materia Ripples" and then wait for the ripples to pass by your enemies and then use "Gravitational Crater", then the craters gravitation will pull back the ripples, taking everyone in their path with them.

Other Remarks: If you could do this for me you'd be my hero <3

comparami

Reaction score
I made a spell like this for my map, i did everything to make it lagless, leakless, and yet, it still does... so i'll turn to a professional like you instead, cause i really need this for my map (an AoS)..

Spell Type: GUI/MUI
Spell Name: Frost Volley
Description: Fires 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 Arrows that spread out moving towards the target point, dealing damage and slowing (Frost Nova) the first unit each arrow hits.
Target: Enemy Units
Type: Magic
Range: 600
Radius (For Each Arrow): 90
Mana Cost: 75 / 100 / 125 / 150
Cooldown: 13 Seconds
Deals 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 Magic damage each arrow, slowing for 0.75 / 1.00 / 1.25 / 1.50 seconds.

Others:
-Once an arrow hits an enemy unit, that arrow disappears
-The model for the arrows is the "Frost Arrow" (Abilities\Spells\Other\FrostArrows\NagaColdArrowMissile.mdl)
-The missle speed for each arrow is 900
-The angles for the arrows are:

1st Arrow: 0
2nd Arrow: 10
3rd Arrow: -10
4th Arrow: 20
5th Arrow: -20
6th Arrow: 30
7th Arrow: -30
8th Arrow: 40
9th Arrow: -40

EDIT:
it would go like this
Trigger:
  • The Dummy would move towards Angle from (Caster&#039;s Location to Target&#039;s Location) + (Arrow Angle[1-9])

THANKS! :D

3plX

Reaction score
Spell Name: Mana Limit
Spell Type: MUI
Description: No matter if Specific Hero(s) picks up intel+/mana+ items, their mana will always stay at 500

hero doesn't have to learn that ability, can just have it from beginning of the game

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I have made a variant of Magic Barrage . If it isn't what you had in mind say what went wrong apart from me epic filing in making the hero spell based on Channel (the spell doesn't display AoE) . You could specify the AoE and AoE increment you would like . I put in the Blizzard default of 200 .

View attachment 37236

I see my spell needed more info. Pardon about that, well gonna see the spell how you made it.

Ok, this by itself is amazing, not what I had in mind. I have one thing to notice: aiming it is really hard. click near the unit, nothing. click on the unit nothing. I barely killed one group of enemies, and they died instantly before missiles hit.

Looked at the triggers and now I wonder how I didn't think of this :eek: beats to be me.

This is how I imagine the spell to be:

The spell should create one missile "think Mortar Team's missile with a scale of 2 made as a dummy" and that missile should cause damage on impact. Its gonna fly 800 units of range in single direction(default shockwave range and spell) and if it hits or if some enemy is very near to it (around 40-50 range), it will explode and deal 400 units of range AoE for the static number+Intelligence of the Hero to it and all the units nearby.

Now that you showed me how to make the "stored container" triggers, I can give you a somewhat rough example. When I tried this, I made a dummy unit, big rocket. On cast, it caused its movement speed to go maximum and he would be ordered to go to target of ability being cast. If it reaches there and not be in range of anything, nothing. If it does however, it would be removed, another dummy would be created that will damage that area for X+Intelligence damage. However, spell didn't satisfy me because:

1) Had no storage counters
2) If I would fire the spell near the damage area, it would damage the hero as well and I never knew how to fix that.

I hope thats enough information. Thanks for the good try, certainly learned the storage counters. Can you just tell me:

Trigger:
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAbilityLevel(udg_OwnerOfMB,udg_SpellID,udg_Souls+1)

What does this do?

jhnam95

Reaction score
This is really off-topic and it's purely out of curiosity but if you live in sk, how can you possibly have the time to work on these?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This is really off-topic and it's purely out of curiosity but if you live in sk, how can you possibly have the time to work on these?

What does living in SK have to do with anything? There are still 24 hours in a day.

Icy

Reaction score
Can i request for a spell Chain Frost[GUI]

It similar to dota lich ultimate, but for this spell i want it to be:

When it hit a target, it bounce to nearest enemy but at the same time it hit an enemy, it create 1 more.

meaning:
everytime it hit an enemy it split into 2.

Not rushing for this spell, so just take ur time.
Posible?

roXplosive

Reaction score
I have reworked the spell as you said it's better . Afaik i fail at special effects but added a special effect on hero when he gains 1 charge and made the spell release a missile that collides with enemies , made missile velocity and spell max distance variable and the intelligence damage bonus customizable . It still has some issues and will post it soon .

I'm working on energy blades but it pisses me off there is no logarithm function ... maybe i'll use something like x^4+y^4=R^4

Attachments

• Magic Barrage.w3x
    24.8 KB · Views: 238

roXplosive

Reaction score
I see they approximate logarithm by using a half interval method ... not bad but quite ineffective computational wise . I was expecting a table with values or some approximations using the Taylor series . Ahh well the map now works ; apparently i was destroying a group and that made the comportament of the missile haywire only exploding when it reached max distance :

View attachment Magic Barrage.w3x

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
Name: Energy blades
mana:65
Levels: 4
cast range: 1000
Targets: enemy neutral organic
Effect creates two missiles one that curves to the right and the other to the left and after reaching the destination both missiles go curve back to the caster, if an enemy unit is caught near the missile the unit will take 35/50/70/95 Spell damage, and has a %10/12/14/16 chance to have faerie fire cast on them for 15 seconds.

if you need an image of how the movement is made i can illustrate it.
is it ok if i do this one in (v)jass?? i got lost in calculating the angle in gui :p

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Wow, haven't been working on these for quite some time. Meh, I just lost interest in GUI :p Plus, school's really intense these days. Will work on spells if I have spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.