The Terrain Thread

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"I think the thing he hammers on is."

Looks like two mine carts and that Black Citadel statue to me.

Reaction score
>Looks like two mine carts and that Black Citadel statue to me.
With small fire I guess.

Cool blacksmith by the way.. But it looks kinda weird that he is hammering in the middle of nowhere ;D

Void

Reaction score
If you're not too eager to use them you should wait until wc3c is up and someone over there posts a map with all the imported models. I spent the last 30 minutes with importing them into a map and I'm still not finished. @.@

You do realize this map him and i (and possibly you will help on) IS going to be multiplayer? :)

Void

Reaction score
Now for my addition to the dogpile...
This is for the same Japan map that I'm "patching" and it's a castle.

Hope y'all like it.
The wall and stairs are 100% walkable goodness... as well as the tower.

Reaction score
That's cool ;D

Only if we think that many people walk there in a day.. the ground should be a bit more.. uhm? What's the word.. going for dictionary this time..

.. no time for that.. The ground should be more "bumpy" ;D

On Hell's Gate

Number One:

Number Two:

Number Three:

Down below we can see..

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
ZOMG :D If you look in there for too long, you get dizzy >.< But, i like it :) Just, you cant really say thats a Gate... Hells gate is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch Bigger ;)

Reaction score
I could have decreased the size of the gate.. Actually the whole doodad thing is 50% smaller than it was first.. Cause I got so annoyed when placing those fires on the gate. And Warcrafts fires look ugly when you make them too big.. Not for every usage ofc..

2-P

Reaction score
These models are so <3 You really have to try them out yourself.

Not all of the models you see are new, I added the new stuff to the old models and the map size is now +70 mb. o.o

My comp nearly lagged to death on this one, no lie.

You know, I placed each sunflower separately....

:nuts:

Reaction score
The moonlights are reeaaally cool in the forest, also the (thing in the middle of the lake, tree kind of).

Usually sunflowers turn to the sun.. :p

Turnip

Reaction score

Here's a screenshot of that same terrain, from above. Camera angles make all the difference. =P

P.S. Yes, I know they BOTH suck. The blue mushrooms are there for lighting.

2-P

Reaction score
I think the problem is that the camera is too close, "broaden" everything and add fog and I'm sure it'll look great. =D

>"Usually sunflowers turn to the sun.. "

Lol I know, most of them are turned towards the sun. I didn't want that all of them face the sun, that's boboboring. xD

Reaction score
> that's boboboring. xD
that would be really bobbooorin'!

>P.S. Yes, I know they BOTH suck. The blue mushrooms are there for lighting.
They both don't suck, I think that the first one looks great, and more greater when you do what 2-P told ya ;D

The second one is a bit too dark for my 15 years old eyes, cannot see anything but the shrooms ;)

C

Capn_Soul

Dodedo.....my first terrain piece....but I feel retarded because I don't know how to change the sky. :banghead: :banghead: Oh wellz....Click For Teh Pic I made it without any tutorials!!!!! Not....go Andrewgosu!!!!

EDIT: If somebody could give me a link to a pack of only snow doodads, I would be 2x as happy. :D

2-P

Reaction score
>"I don't know how to change the sky. "

In the World Editor under File > Preferences > Sky Display.

Still terraining with the high-res doodads.

I can't decide what sky color looks the best. <.<
I'll upload three versions, I tried pretty much every color variation. The only thing I'm sure about is that it looks horrible with a green sky.

I know, very realistic colors. :p
The setting reminds me of those cheap horror movies where a group of teens drives out into a dark forest where some mad butcher lives in a rotten hut lol. xD

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I joined clan TDoM and I am starting maze map (probably won't finish as usual LOL).
I decided.. to terrain.
Here is a pic of some pipes in my maze game (the pipes look nice the path doesn't because it's a maze :p). I just attached some pipes together, and their current outflow kinda sucked so I used some green waterfalls.
IMG tags replaced with URL tags to reduce page stretching -Seth

I actually didn't put in that black border... Apparently my editor takes screenshots like that :confused:

2-P

Reaction score
Pipe Doodad hax xD

>"I actually didn't put in that black border... Apparently my editor takes screenshots like that "

That's the map border...

EDIT: Could you please thumbnail your picture? It's stretching my page. >.<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.