The Terrain Thread

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Looks nice, but the water looks too green. You also might want to add a small sewer pipe below the water for it to go in or something, because sewer water doesn't just come out and dissapear ya know. :D

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Well it's for a maze and you lose damage as you go because of the toxic water... dun dun dun
But yeah I will have the odd pipe with small waterfalls around it to give the illusion of water being sucked in. Good suggestion :p
(some of the green is from the global weather green fog stuff)

Sessional

Reaction score
Alright, a moderately okay attempt at terraining I guess. The houses are ugly and the flowers don't match, but I can't download Born's doodad pack off of wc3 campaigns so I'm stuck with the in game models.

crystalguard

Reaction score
hay 2-P i like the purple one and the grey one best, purple is creapyer, but for some reason the grey one made me feel sad:(

Ok well this i made in the small amount of free time i've had

momorialhillkh7.png

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
@2-P
Can you get a darker version of the grey? Anyways, grey is the best. Orange is too happy. Purple looks wrong :nuts:

Deckboy

Reaction score
@2-P:What models do you use for the sky? I can never find those models. . .do you think you could attach them here? Thanks.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Mc!'s stormsphere and "uber clouds", there's a link in the first post.

>"The houses are ugly and the flowers don't match, but I can't download Born's doodad pack off of wc3 campaigns so I'm stuck with the in game models."

The houses aren't ugly. They're just too small and repetitive. :p And Born's houses wouldn't fit in there anyway.
And yeah, flowers look usually weird in snowy terrains.
I like the background.

>"Ok well this i made in the small amount of free time i've had"

If you place rocks on so step cliffs then increase their Pitch and Roll Angle.
And the part with the path is too step, who's supposed to walk up there? xD

>"Can you get a darker version of the grey? "

Thanks, that was a good idea. ^^

PS: Thanks Seth. ^^

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yeah the castle (In my mind) was just a shape because it was in front of the sun.

And also, because 2-P wished it(did you really like it??o_O) I'll upload a few more.

Heres a semi-old one I did. . .

City Metropolis:
1)
http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/15630/2003236403287462385_rs.jpg
2)
http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/17322/2003299310695780184_rs.jpg
3)
http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/15907/2003240664820242545_rs.jpg
(and yes that IS a guy getting mugged in the corner);)

I can probably do something else if you guys want me to.

Enjoy!

-Deck

I need those models badly can you send me link. And if it was on wc3campains. Send me map and i will export the models. Thank you.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@Sessional: Good job! But I can't tell what's going on in the bottom area. =\

@2-P: It looks nice, but the redness doesn't look good in the picture (the red flowers) because it is too "unique". Try removing some useless doodads in the pic as well. (Keep the skull though!) Other than that, good job! :D

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Well i never terrain but i decided to try it so here is it
demonsummonkf4.jpg

I know its kind of plain but i was just messing around.

undeadwarca3.jpg

I made another but i didn't try as hard.

Please give me suggestions on these.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
1st: It looks nice. I think you should have more tile variation though.

2nd: It looks alright. The trees are floating and it needs tile variation. I like the ancient of world though. :p

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
2-P where do you get all your skyies from? Im in desprate need of animated skies. Un-animated would be nice too.

W

Wolves

First one is good, like the idea, but the seconed one, it just dosent feel like theres alot of detail in it..

G

G-reg

1st pic is tottaly wicked :) you even got a demon inside the doorway which is tottaly cool ! lol 2nd one is nice but it might have been cooler if you actually got the 2 groups fighting and the 2 heroes/commanders or wotever they are to have a scrimmage on the side :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.