The War Between Balance 1.0

Farplane

Reaction score
Well, after tons of questions it's finally done.. with TONS of changes to go. I'm still learning map editor, so I'm going to regularly update my map, each learning a little bit more every time. My map is (simular to DotA so far) about Humans and Nature getting in a war between the balance of the two on Earth... if you know anything about what we're doing to the environment you know what I'm talking about. You pick a hero, go to either the top or bottom spawn lane, and fight your way through to the enemies base, destroying their grand structure (Humans - Civil Empire, Nature - Roots of Life), alternately you may fight creeps (there are 4 individual sections of them). That's about it for right now. I will add 2 heros every new version (1 for nature, 1 for humans). I know there are many bugs, but please bear with me as I'm currently working on heroes and update system (soon you will be able to upgrade the auto-spawn units). So... tell me what you think and have fun. Here's th link..
HTML:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=452
P.S. It's not protected, however, I'm not sure why you'd even want to steal it at this early of age.

Please do not bump a post in 1 hour. I will test if you provide screenshots.

ill check it out :p I'll edit this post in a while with my review.

EDIT:
-Give more/better tooltips on hereos (atleast give a list of the abilities)
-Hope you don't live "hostadvantage"
-Better tooltips (Give description of damage/duration/etc. or if more than 4-5 levels, say "Increases Damage by X" )
-No items?!
-You need better button positions for skills (some are just scatted around "randomly"
-Hotkeys!
-Lock cameras so they don't go outside of the "battle field" the terrain surrounding the other terrain not used is...well...

Overall: I found it boring... The skills are ok, but there is no purpose to playing it other than "let me see what this skill does" (since they don't have good descriptions) and "i must not lose, so i must win" You need items, that gives a purpose. "I want X item. I need X gold. So i kill a lot of units!"

It's not bad, but since you said its an alpha, it's pretty good.

(also, if you want to know by "better descriptions", here's an example: I played the Warlock dude in the humans, it says, "rise a minion". So i think...hmmm minions...warlock... COOL! Infernals! but no...i get a little mini-me lol)

Host it in imageshack.us or other image hosting programs.

btw, i posted my review :p (Hope i'm not too strict)

Alright, I created a reply to every thing on it.. I'm to lazy to take of quotes so :p
ill check it out :p I'll edit this post in a while with my review.

EDIT:
-Give more/better tooltips on hereos (atleast give a list of the abilities)
Alright.
-Hope you don't live "hostadvantage"
Alright
-Better tooltips (Give description of damage/duration/etc. or if more than 4-5 levels, say "Increases Damage by X" )
Alright, Iasked someone about that and they said I shouldn't XD
-No items?!
I'm working on them after heros
-You need better button positions for skills (some are just scatted around "randomly"
Alright, that'll be a finishing touch
-Hotkeys!
Another finishing touch
-Lock cameras so they don't go outside of the "battle field" the terrain surrounding the other terrain not used
is...well...

Overall: I found it boring... The skills are ok, but there is no purpose to playing it other than "let me see what this skill does" (since they don't have good descriptions) and "i must not lose, so i must win" You need items, that gives a purpose. "I want X item. I need X gold. So i kill a lot of units!"

It's not bad, but since you said its an alpha, it's pretty good.

(also, if you want to know by "better descriptions", here's an example: I played the Warlock dude in the humans, it says, "rise a minion". So i think...hmmm minions...warlock... COOL! Infernals! but no...i get a little mini-me lol)
Uhhh... thanks for review, but level the minion skill to 5... you don't think I'd just keep a sissy unit like that would you?

ALSO-
I mean like it literally shows an image right there by the text, not just link.

i know, but it starts as a mini-me, then a dreadlord, then a banshee (no :( bye bye dreadlord) then a succubuss (yeah...) THEN an infernal...

anyways, not bad for an alpha (not too good either) but keep up the good workd

As for the pic, load it up to imageshack.us, copy and paste the link here, and attach
IMG*] around it without the *

i know, but it starts as a mini-me, then a dreadlord, then a banshee (no :( bye bye dreadlord) then a succubuss (yeah...) THEN an infernal...

anyways, not bad for an alpha (not too good either) but keep up the good workd

As for the pic, load it up to imageshack.us, copy and paste the link here, and attach [/IMG*] around it without the *[/QUOTE]
Ah, I get it, thanks. By the way, I'm working on items as of now.. I'll post the new version when I'm done with them. (since they're also going to be custom of course..)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.