The War Between Balance 1.0

Farplane

Reaction score
Well, after tons of questions it's finally done.. with TONS of changes to go. I'm still learning map editor, so I'm going to regularly update my map, each learning a little bit more every time. My map is (simular to DotA so far) about Humans and Nature getting in a war between the balance of the two on Earth... if you know anything about what we're doing to the environment you know what I'm talking about. You pick a hero, go to either the top or bottom spawn lane, and fight your way through to the enemies base, destroying their grand structure (Humans - Civil Empire, Nature - Roots of Life), alternately you may fight creeps (there are 4 individual sections of them). That's about it for right now. I will add 2 heros every new version (1 for nature, 1 for humans). I know there are many bugs, but please bear with me as I'm currently working on heroes and update system (soon you will be able to upgrade the auto-spawn units). So... tell me what you think and have fun. Here's th link..
HTML:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=452
P.S. It's not protected, however, I'm not sure why you'd even want to steal it at this early of age.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Please do not bump a post in 1 hour. I will test if you provide screenshots.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
ill check it out :p I'll edit this post in a while with my review.

EDIT:
-Give more/better tooltips on hereos (atleast give a list of the abilities)
-Hope you don't live "hostadvantage"
-Better tooltips (Give description of damage/duration/etc. or if more than 4-5 levels, say "Increases Damage by X" )
-No items?!
-You need better button positions for skills (some are just scatted around "randomly"
-Hotkeys!
-Lock cameras so they don't go outside of the "battle field" the terrain surrounding the other terrain not used is...well...

Overall: I found it boring... The skills are ok, but there is no purpose to playing it other than "let me see what this skill does" (since they don't have good descriptions) and "i must not lose, so i must win" You need items, that gives a purpose. "I want X item. I need X gold. So i kill a lot of units!"

It's not bad, but since you said its an alpha, it's pretty good.

(also, if you want to know by "better descriptions", here's an example: I played the Warlock dude in the humans, it says, "rise a minion". So i think...hmmm minions...warlock... COOL! Infernals! but no...i get a little mini-me lol)

esb

Reaction score
Host it in imageshack.us or other image hosting programs.

btw, i posted my review :p (Hope i'm not too strict)

Farplane

Reaction score
Alright, I created a reply to every thing on it.. I'm to lazy to take of quotes so :p
ill check it out :p I'll edit this post in a while with my review.

EDIT:
-Give more/better tooltips on hereos (atleast give a list of the abilities)
Alright.
-Hope you don't live "hostadvantage"
Alright
-Better tooltips (Give description of damage/duration/etc. or if more than 4-5 levels, say "Increases Damage by X" )
Alright, Iasked someone about that and they said I shouldn't XD
-No items?!
I'm working on them after heros
-You need better button positions for skills (some are just scatted around "randomly"
Alright, that'll be a finishing touch
-Hotkeys!
Another finishing touch
-Lock cameras so they don't go outside of the "battle field" the terrain surrounding the other terrain not used
is...well...

Overall: I found it boring... The skills are ok, but there is no purpose to playing it other than "let me see what this skill does" (since they don't have good descriptions) and "i must not lose, so i must win" You need items, that gives a purpose. "I want X item. I need X gold. So i kill a lot of units!"

It's not bad, but since you said its an alpha, it's pretty good.

(also, if you want to know by "better descriptions", here's an example: I played the Warlock dude in the humans, it says, "rise a minion". So i think...hmmm minions...warlock... COOL! Infernals! but no...i get a little mini-me lol)
Uhhh... thanks for review, but level the minion skill to 5... you don't think I'd just keep a sissy unit like that would you?

ALSO-
I mean like it literally shows an image right there by the text, not just link.

esb

Reaction score
i know, but it starts as a mini-me, then a dreadlord, then a banshee (no :( bye bye dreadlord) then a succubuss (yeah...) THEN an infernal...

anyways, not bad for an alpha (not too good either) but keep up the good workd

As for the pic, load it up to imageshack.us, copy and paste the link here, and attach
IMG*] around it without the *

Farplane

Reaction score
i know, but it starts as a mini-me, then a dreadlord, then a banshee (no :( bye bye dreadlord) then a succubuss (yeah...) THEN an infernal...

anyways, not bad for an alpha (not too good either) but keep up the good workd

As for the pic, load it up to imageshack.us, copy and paste the link here, and attach [/IMG*] around it without the *[/QUOTE]
Ah, I get it, thanks. By the way, I'm working on items as of now.. I'll post the new version when I'm done with them. (since they're also going to be custom of course..)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.