TheHelper Town - The Official TheHelper.net MyMiniCity City

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know. I am not sure of the reason why it got banned.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say your account do you mean your account or the one I gave you? Only one person can be doing Yarolds at a time. If someone is getting banned then it is because two people are trying to do the city.

What you guys can do though is one of you work thehelper and the other kjs-corner and just transfer all the kjs-corner credits to thehelper. That way there is no duplication and the credits will build up.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
If we can't have two accounts, we can just have a shared account instead.

EDIT: Or what thehelper said, either works.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys can share the site one but I bet it would be a problem if both you guys got on at the same time. If you both want to do it then da_skunk use kjs-corner as your city and just transfer your credits to thehelper. Leave a couple credits for kjs-corner though so the Yarolds people can return some clicks on that link.

UndeadDragon if the site account is the one that got banned let me know - we should only have one person doing thehelper city as a link. Getting Yarolds back working again seems to add almost 200 clicks a day after using all the other exchanges.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I made my account stop doing thehelper.

Credits dissapear so fast, I can never get enough at I a time to give to anybody. :p

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You can get save credits if you get in a dynasty. The dynasty opens up almost double number of links to click.

Can someone run the Minivisite exchange

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=759215&postcount=26

I dont have an extra remote since my computer went down.

I am running Utopia, Autoclics, Miniville Site, Hydra and Tend My City so nobody else run those.

Utopia and Autoclics can be used by as many people as you like but the others are all locked to my account. Others using Utopia and Autoclics won't really help our cities except give us more clicks on the Utopia list but help those exchanges and the cities in them.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I have been asleep so I didn't respond. The account that got banned is my UndeadDragon account. It was probably because I tried using http://thehelper.myminicity.com/? . The account that you gave me is still fine. Shall I still get credits for that, or shall I stop?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You are the only one with access to that account now so you should use that account on yarolds for the city. Da_skunk, if he wants to do Yarolds can use KJS-Corner and transfer credits to you.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
We just passed 80k in population. We will probably pass idarionis late this week or early next week to move into 18th place in the US.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
We just passed 80k in population. We will probably pass idarionis late this week or early next week to move into 18th place in the US.

The growth of the various cities isn't that steady. The first cities to be passed will most likely be Ratboy and retromundi. Anything else depends on the local click squads, so give of take one more week for Idarionis.

As you can see, 3 cities are catching up: Milee's Big Sky (active again) and, as usual, City of MT and ObamaClinton 08. So, giving your favorite click/spam droids a call might not be a bad idea at all.

When considering the last 7 days:
Code:
    City name           Growth  Rank  Estimated catch-up, in days
------------------------------------------------------------------
 1. minibotville        -13713  ( 1)  11 Aug 2009 09:30, 357.70
 2. CreateMyCity Forum   13223  ( 2)  -
 3. Spurs Talkers         6460  ( 3)  -
 4. LUELand                346  ( 4)  25 Dec 2008 13:29, 128.91
 5. Dragons Keep          7308  ( 5)  -
 6. lepinland             6759  ( 6)  -
 7. Dodger Town           2658  ( 7)  26 Nov 2008 00:55, 99.39
 8. tatropolis            5483  ( 8)  30 Oct 2009 14:56, 437.97
 9. Rebecca               5439  ( 9)  08 Aug 2009 04:44, 354.50
10. DaBabe's City         5915  (10)  22 Apr 2011 02:04, 976.39
11. Calm Chaos            2033  (11)  02 Oct 2008 07:31, 44.62
12. GoonTown                52  (12)  11 Sep 2008 16:07, 23.98
13. Hilary4USA            1981  (13)  15 Sep 2008 21:42, 28.21
14. V Shens               5398  (14)  20 Jan 2009 22:51, 155.30
15. retromundi              23  (15)  27 Aug 2008 04:29, 8.49
16. SETI.USA              4913  (16)  25 Sep 2008 02:32, 37.41
17. Ratboy                4641  (17)  26 Aug 2008 16:55, 8.01
18. Idarionis             5329  (18)  01 Sep 2008 01:09, 13.35
19. TheHelper Town        6109  (19)  -
20. Milee's Big Sky       7984  (20)  -
21. Community             3934  (21)  -
22. City of MT            6790  (22)  -
23. Fuck_usa              2430  (23)  -
24. ObamaClinton 08       6218  (24)  -

and the last 2 days:
Code:
    City name           Growth  Rank  Estimated catch-up, in days
------------------------------------------------------------------
 1. minibotville         -2425  ( 1)  16 Jun 2009 21:33, 302.20
 2. CreateMyCity Forum    2043  ( 2)  -
 3. Spurs Talkers          807  ( 3)  26 Jan 2011 17:51, 891.09
 4. LUELand                 34  ( 4)  15 Dec 2008 07:01, 118.64
 5. Dragons Keep          1059  ( 5)  -
 6. lepinland             1126  ( 6)  -
 7. Dodger Town            382  ( 7)  16 Nov 2008 07:23, 89.65
 8. tatropolis             812  ( 8)  19 Jul 2009 10:19, 334.74
 9. Rebecca                737  ( 9)  11 Feb 2009 09:41, 176.75
10. DaBabe's City          936  (10)  -
11. Calm Chaos             367  (11)  03 Oct 2008 23:59, 46.30
12. GoonTown                 8  (12)  10 Sep 2008 06:53, 22.59
13. Hilary4USA             268  (13)  12 Sep 2008 21:50, 25.21
14. V Shens                843  (14)  18 Feb 2009 00:20, 183.36
15. retromundi               3  (15)  26 Aug 2008 17:37, 8.04
16. SETI.USA               738  (16)  21 Sep 2008 05:07, 33.52
17. Ratboy                 350  (17)  21 Aug 2008 16:23, 2.99
18. Idarionis              732  (18)  26 Aug 2008 04:59, 7.51
19. TheHelper Town         929  (19)  -
20. Milee's Big Sky       1105  (20)  -
21. Community              733  (21)  -
22. City of MT             913  (22)  -
23. Fuck_usa               413  (23)  -
24. ObamaClinton 08        906  (24)  -

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I am only looking at Idarionis and I am watching them with the same tools I watch us. We are currently getting around +900 population a day doing what we are doing. Whatever the other cities are doing to grow faster than us that is something that is harder to sustain. Unless they are using proxy or IP changing tools. If they are doing that it is going to be tough for us to compete with them unless we do the same then it all just loses it charm.

If we had a secret weapon you would not see it until they were right behind us. For now assume a 900 a day pop growth w/ the possibility of it moving to a 1000 once we get the Yarolds thing worked out.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
I am only looking at Idarionis and I am watching them with the same tools I watch us. We are currently getting around +900 population a day doing what we are doing.
The current average is closer 800 than 900. The past weeks a little closer, the weeks before a bit less. Or an average of 822.63 clicks/day since July 1st.

But you aren't planning far enough. Planning may be an overstatement, as this "game" merely consists of getting as many clicks per day as possible. No need to save your clicks for later or tell your underlings/minions to slow down. All you're achieving is help the competitors.

As you can see from my two tables above, at one point (a good month), you'll be chasing V Shens for a very long time (4-5 months). By the time you'll finally have caught up with that city, you'll already have outgrown some others. Or be passed yourself.

Whatever the other cities are doing to grow faster than us that is something that is harder to sustain. Unless they are using proxy or IP changing tools. If they are doing that it is going to be tough for us to compete with them unless we do the same then it all just loses it charm.

If they're really getting these hits through daily clicks, I almost have pity with them. I wouldn't be ready to waste my time (hours a day?) just to click on some bloody links. That's a job for a machine, I have better things to do. It doesn't scale, unless you find more minions doing more "work".

Either you have a lot of IPs you can "freely" mis-use (company, school, college, ...) or you happen to have a list of open (or paid-for) proxies, in which case you'll be getting constant daily clicks without doing anything. All fully automated. The only manual work required is regularly monitoring the job execution or keeping the proxy lists clean.

You can also ask your forum members to be nice and follow a link once a day (anyone recalls topsites?). Or try to make them enjoy popups, so they won't have to click themselves.

Same for "advertisements": the more IPs you have, the more you can spread the word about your city through your neighbours' bulletins. What's the risk? Your city may end up having a terrible accident because the MotionTwin folks think you're abusing or you may get into trouble with your ISP/hoster because you're violating the acceptable use policy. All in all, this game is one thing: spam.

If we had a secret weapon you would not see it until they were right behind us.
Not a good idea, I gave you the reason above. This isn't a bluffing or strategy game. It's just brain-dead clicking.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You might be right. I just did not want to show my hand too much. I don't have that many cards up my sleeve but I have a couple. Maybe it is time to throw one out there.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I have checked the growth on 4 of the cities ahead of us and we are growing faster them all and should be passing them all pretty soon. As enouwee said we have some people moving up on us but can they sustain it is the question.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rank #18 for us now :)

EDIT: We are actually catching up to Idarionis quite well.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
That is because we are in the top 20 now and most of the cities there are growing. We are just growing a little faster than most because we are just like that :D

We are actually growing 200 people a day faster than idarionis.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Thats couse our MMC is that awesome. Add a link to the MMC in the WEHZ!
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.