"Town is under siege"

Weyird

Reaction score
I wanted units that could be upgraded to better units, but it had to be done individually at a gold cost. I learned that i can select the "Unit is a building" box, which presented the "Upgrades to" option in the unit.
It works great except for one thing...

Whenever the basic unit is attacked, i hear that my town is under siege... :(

Any way I can prevent this. Like a way to disable that sound completely, since in my game, the player never owns any buildings.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
Yes, its in the option called "gameplay interface" (check all the tabs, I forgot under which one it is). Inside are alot of game features that you can change, including text, icons, sounds, etc.

Rushhour

Reaction score
Yep,
Unit- Turn alarm generation On/Off

Pick every unit in your map and use this function for the picked unit. If it still comes up later in game you will need to turn it off for dynamically created units too.

Weyird

Reaction score
Another problem I discovered.... I cant select these "building" units with the rest of my army... Help?

bumbaclo

Reaction score
I don't think theres a way around that, its a feature of being a building. I noticed you want individual upgrades for you units. Theres better ways of doing this: 1) make each unit a hero and you can level specific units, 2) triggers - give units a "spell" for upgrading. Make a conditional that the owner of unit needs so and so gold for the effect to occur. If effect occurs replace the unit with a new unit.

Weyird

Reaction score
Yeah TBH I thought of that... but I try avoid making a trigger for everything. Where possible I utilize actual aspects of the game. Coz u see, now I have to make an ability and I have 2 make a trigger. If i found an upgrade way 2 do it, no need for the other 2 things.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
I was once like that too, but you eventually realize how limited that is and move onto triggers :).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty easy.

1). make your unit a building (is building = true)
2). set the upgrade field to whatever unit you want (Techtree - Upgrades into = [...])
3). switch your unit to be a unit again (is building = false)

the techtree option to upgrade will become invisible in the editor again, however the unit is still able to upgrade itself.
problem should be solved now.

Weyird

Reaction score
Lol Accname, you are totally awesome. Funny story though, I figured that out for myself 10min ago :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.