Transformation based on mana

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to make an ability trigger a transformation (like bear form) depending on the mana of the hero.

So I tried making an ability based off war stop and made this trigger

Trigger:
  • Transform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Transform
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 700.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Dire Bear to (Triggering unit)
          • Wait 0.40 seconds
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 200.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Bear to (Triggering unit)
              • Wait 0.40 seconds
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
            • Else - Actions

For some reason, It only seems to do the transformation on the second try(at least that's when the model art changes correctly), but the damage of the hero it transforms to isn't applied to the hero, and I'd like to have that happen.

Anyway to make this work properly?

Some other stuff I'd like to be able to do with this is not being able to go back to normal form, unless you're hit with <100 mana. Although you can transform to a more powerful state if you're already transformed. (if you were in bear form, and then got 700 mana, you could go into dire bear form) not sure how i'd be able to do this though.

Another thing I'd like to do is have the hero's spells become more powerful (more damage) with the transformation. One way I thought about doing this is to add abilities that do more damage to the hero when it is transformed, and to set the level to whatever they were on the heroes base form. Not sure if there's a better way to do this though. But then I don't know how I would make the spells return to normal when they return to their normal state.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Triggering Unit does not exist after waits.

Try putting Triggering Unit into a Unit variable.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
It's because you have the second cast as part of the first If/Then/Else. Put it into a separate one, and add "Skip Remaining actions" to the first, so it would look like this:

Code:
   If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
         If - Conditions
                (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 700.00
          Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Dire Bear to (Triggering unit)
                Wait 0.40 seconds
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
                Skip Remaining Actions
          Else - Actions
  If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                      If - Conditions
                            (Mana of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 200.00
                      Then - Actions
                            Unit - Add Bear to (Triggering unit)
                            Wait 0.40 seconds
                            Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
                      Else - Actions

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Anyone got a solution to this?

I updated first post with more stuff I'd like to be able to do with these transformations, but getting the actual transformation to work should probably happen first :p

canons200

Reaction score
well, your trigger doesn't wrongly set. and i believe trigger always do the right action, and the mistake is created by human.

i give you some suggestion, remove the old Dire Bear and make a new dire bear
regarding to return to normal form, under your bear form, there is a data - normal unit, set your default unit.

*but i hear someone say if you use those transformation skill not by hero ability(which mean unit ability) it will get buggy. you can have a try

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What I got out of that was make sure the Normal Form Unit is set correctly, which it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.