RPG Twilight Path

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think most people (including myself) prefer RPG's with many different themes and areas.
A giant forest will bore people.
But having undead graveyards, deserts, tundras, etc would be awesome.
Maybe even some underwater or sea area.
Quests rule too :D

And, if you need more tiles.. You can change them in game to any you want. (My Terrain replacement system can do this. it's easy to use too. (Just place a rect, and call the trigger at map init.))

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
What's new?
This ORPG is not like the others - with a twist of japanese (see above), it is focused on gameplay and teamwork. There are places specially designed for single player, but every single boss requires teamwork.

That's cool to have in an RPG and all, but it's not really new.

Any other new features you haven't revealed?

Terrain looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of massive trees, even if it is more realistic.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Any other new features you haven't revealed?

Terrain looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of massive trees, even if it is more realistic.

Massive trees are win if you can make a decent system which fades them as your hero comes near.

That way you'd easily be able to select the hero and see where it is through the trees :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I tested the map.
It looks amazing so far. Has massive potential.

Obviously there are a few flaws here and there, (Well.. Maybe not, it's just not finished yet).

Can't wait for it to be finished :D

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Wow, thanks!
Well, we are heading for a demo in november or something, maybe as a christmas present :p

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Romek said:
It looks amazing so far. Has massive potential.

Thanks Romek!

Romek said:
Obviously there are a few flaws here and there, (Well.. Maybe not, it's just not finished yet).

Yes still there is, but every moment we work on this map it will grow. The flaws you saw where probably fixed while you played the map.

Emootootoo said:
I think most people (including myself) prefer RPG's with many different themes and areas.
A giant forest will bore people.

Well this is not a "giant forest". It has caves, forests, lakes, swamps, moutains and underground. The diffrent areas have bosses. As you can see, you have the first forest with the Spider Mother and the mountains with The King of Stones. We think every area will have a boss which match the tarrain and the creeps.

Emootootoo said:

We think this ORPG has new features. You will not get gold from creeps, they will drop loot. Claw, fur, horn, tooth, dust, etc.. These can be sold to merchants. This is nearly the only way to earn money, certain quests will also give gold, along with xp.

~iPeez

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You quoted the third one wrong. I said that :p

I still think there should be Fire (Underground), Snow (Maybe on some mountain), etc. Even if Samurai's don't generally go there. It makes the map more interesting.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
The trailer will give you a little preview of three of the samurais! Hope you like it. =)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
It sems to me that those trees block your sight pretty bad.. You need some nice camera system maybe.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romek wanted to create a tree fading system for us, he said.

You can't fade destructibles or doodads though. I told you this on MSN. You didn't reply :p

if the trees where units, then I'd do it.
It'd be weird though :p

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You can't fade destructibles or doodads though. I told you this on MSN. You didn't reply :p

if the trees where units, then I'd do it.
It'd be weird though :p

Goddamnit, I was afk! :(
Well, we need to find a solution then...
What is it you can do with units that you can't with destructables or doodads?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I was afk! :(
Well, we need to find a solution then...
What is it you can do with units that you can't with destructables or doodads?

SetUnitVertexColor.

Can make them transparent. (In other words, fade them)

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
We think this ORPG has new features. You will not get gold from creeps, they will drop loot. Claw, fur, horn, tooth, dust, etc.. These can be sold to merchants. This is nearly the only way to earn money, certain quests will also give gold, along with xp.

What do you do with gold?

Also - I had a great idea, take it for what it's worth. I had it, since I'm also making an RPG in secrecy at the moment.

Well, it is inevitable that your map will have cheat packs added to it. No sweat, if people want to cheat that's their problem, but a good rpg will bring a good following of players. So what you do is have a clan or whatever, let everyone set up some dungeon crawls with each other, maybe host a few dungeon crawling weekends or whatever where a chunk of the community plays together.

At the end of all that a few valuable players can be selected to receive a special item for all their hard work (@ the next version). Make it so that item requires their account name, and if someone ever appears in a game with their item/name anyone can just /whois them (since they'd have to spoof) and will know if they cheated or not to get that item, and the real guy will get to feel special.

Nothing to really think about until you have actually finished / have a player base, but it seems like it's a healthy/fun thing to do.

edit:
Oh yeah, and - nice video.

With the trees, do trees have any animations that have them as a stump or anything? Because you could do a sort of fading system by setting their animation locally etc. Or maybe using ShowDestructable(), I'm sure there's a way... but not really fading... Just throwing random ideas lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.