Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
1572ixg.jpg

Are you ready?

Map Size: 160x160.
Players: 5.
Type: ORPG.
Twist: Samurai style, complete twist with custom models, using Black_Stan's long forgotten Samurai models which is not available anywhere anymore.
Story: Ages ago, in Japan, there was a highly respected dojo, only training the best. Five heroes - that was what they were - each one from a different clan should be put on the ultimate test. They should figure out how to do the impossible. Overwhelm an enemy with only friendship.

~Vestras

What's new?
This ORPG is not like the others - with a twist of japanese (see above), it is focused on gameplay and teamwork. There are places specially designed for single player, but every single boss requires teamwork.

You might think, since all Samurais are melee, there is no difference in the classes - that is extremely wrong. Even though all the classes are killers, there are healers, damage per second, tankers, casters, all the shit.

Current Bosses. (Will be updated from time to time.)
  • Spider Mother (Scripted by Vestras) - description longer down.
  • King of Stones (Scripted by Vestras) - description longer down.

Spider Mother said:
The Spider Mother cannot move or attack - weak? No.

The Spider Mother's powers is her eggs - whenever you are near her, her eggs will start to hatch. Out of these eggs comes small Spider Youngs. These Spider Youngs are extremely weak (only about 6 damage and 60 life), though there is many. Since the Spider Mother is the first boss, she only got 2500 life. For hardcore players, there is a trick though.

If you kill the Spider Mother, all her eggs will hatch - "argh" you might think? No. If you kill her, the Spider Youngs will die, so they will not get out of their eggs. So basicly, for a fast boss kill, you will need a damage per second hero which are hitting the Spider Mother, a hero with much life, which will kill the Spider Youngs and a healer, which is healing the Spider Young-killing hero.

Suggested Level: (Per Hero.) 4.

King of Stones said:
The King of Stones is a dude you DON'T wanna mess with - he's slow, but powerful.

The King of Stones is living in the Hills, and is not very strong for himself, but using his Hurl Boulders ability (not the Warcraft one, scripted), he can pretty much crush anything!

Hurl Boulders.
Stuns the target, and causes multiple rocks from the sky to crush the target totally. If not you're dead when you have been hit, you're pretty much doomed.

The King of Stones (or KoS) has 5500 life, deals 59 - 107 damage and has an attack cooldown on 1.70 seconds. His movement speed is 270, but still, he is extremely slow against the Samurai Heroes. The ultimate tactic here would probably be to have a fully upgraded healer with much mana and many warrior heroes. If one dies, all dies.

Suggested Level: (Per Hero.) 7-10.

Screenshots and videos?
2mmxxdh.jpg

Fighting ogres.
2mqq6br.jpg

Entering the hills.
2zrgi2v.jpg

That's gotta hurt! (That's the King of Stones boss)

Newer: (Randomly mixed.)
x35sb8.jpg

A jumping iPeez.
aw6q1y.jpg

Die Spider Mother!
67l9iw.jpg

Ogres is a dying race.
ot0t20.jpg

Phoenix Claw.
4gjcao.jpg

Spider Mother.
11iiz3c.jpg

Watch the rocks!
2l87vqg.jpg

The boss owned us. :(
Twilight Path ORPG

Team
  • Vestras (JASS Scripter, icon maker, sometimes skinner, concept, ideas.)
  • iPeez (Icon maker, UI maker, terrainer, skinner, GUI triggerer, ideas.)

W00t, this is awesome, I want to join, what should I do?!
Well, we're not sure if we need more people right now, but if we are going to, we'll inform you as soon as possible!

Changelog said:
v0.02
  • Fixed mana potion tooltip.
  • Updated a lot of the ability tooltips.

v0.01
  • Initial Release

Download

~Vestras and iPeez.

(Some of you might notice that the name is the same as my old RPG, but it's not the same.)

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Ever thought of actually completing a project before starting 3 new ones? You seem to be starting a new one for every passing week.

Edit:

Twilight Path
Are you ready?

Question is if you're ready.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Super project! The models are cool! The spells look awesome too! I hope this gets released soon. Just a suggestion, make the life bar look better, like make it line up so it will look neater, just some cosmetics so don't bother about it yet.
Anyway, can you give us some information on the spells, I want to know what they do :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Super project! The models are cool! The spells look awesome too! I hope this gets released soon. Just a suggestion, make the life bar look better, like make it line up so it will look neater, just some cosmetics so don't bother about it yet.
Anyway, can you give us some information on the spells, I want to know what they do :)

Well, that's how it's designed. It's after all iPeez and I who are making the project :p
I'll update with some information about spells and shit later.
But thanks :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at the screen shots, I am wondering how big the map is (in mb) and also, did you use WEU (looking at the multiboard)? If you did, theres no going back now, so I would suggest making a lot of backups of the map.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Looking at the screen shots, I am wondering how big the map is (in mb) and also, did you use WEU (looking at the multiboard)? If you did, theres no going back now, so I would suggest making a lot of backups of the map.

It's 1.7 mb.
And no, I did not use WEU, vJASS can do everything :p (just something I'm saying, it can't :p)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This actually looks really promising.
What other 'areas' will you have?

Corrupted undead type thing?
Snowy area?
Outland?
Desert?

Snow and Desert are a must :)

Also, are the multibars going to be in the final?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Romek

I don't think we're gonna have snow, since it's Ashenvale, but desert, of course :p
We just made a cave, filled with scorpions. And of course, a very secret boss :p (Gonna update this post sooner or later.)

And yes, the multibars is gonna be there.

I would probably say that it's gonna be released in november, as an early beta.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mm.. Maybe a "Portal to the other world" :D

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Looks real nice, if you now finish it... Referring to these:
Homecoming
Lands of confusion
The Journey
Twilght path (No not this one.)

If you do finish it, it will hopefully become a great ORPG. Some small suggestions so that it becomes a bit more unique and not too much like the other's:

Variation in movement:
You can receive different types of mounts to increase your movement speed while riding it. Transportations such as trains and zeppelins.

Varitation in quests: Quests in RPG's are real important not to be only "go slay the dragon" or "go kill those bandits over there". Chain quests and explore quests makes more interesting, also quests with mini games
and special events are very rare but often extremely fun.

Example of special event:
A man with a price on he's head has been spotted in the area. It is your call to capture this man, alive and bring him to the council.
What to do: The man can only be found at night in the village sneaking around. You are to sneak up and confront him and capture him in a cage, to then safely return him to the council. The man's comrades will attack at certain points and you are then to defend the cage with everything you have.

Well I think I got everything I wanted to say said now. Good luck on the project and thank you for reading.
/Kazuga

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hmm, I see what you mean but,

- Homecoming is still, not much though, being worked on.
- Lands of Confusion is on a temp. break.
- The Journey got corrupted.
- Twilight Path got corrupted.

Thanks for the suggestion, and we had actually already talked about that one. We are not going to have like "go kill 8 of these and 4 of these", well of course some, but not all, but more interresting quests which leads in directions you had never foreseen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.