RPG Twilight Path

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you do with gold?

Buy items.

Also - I had a great idea, take it for what it's worth. I had it, since I'm also making an RPG in secrecy at the moment.

It's not a secret anymore, is it? :p

With the trees, do trees have any animations that have them as a stump or anything? Because you could do a sort of fading system by setting their animation locally etc. Or maybe using ShowDestructable(), I'm sure there's a way... but not really fading... Just throwing random ideas lol.

ShowDestructable(d) would look horrible. It might desync too. ShowUnit() (Or is it hide?) does.

MDL editing for extra animations with transparency is an option. I can't do it though.

And finally, making the trees units. This may sound bizarre, but if you give the tree locust, it would look fine. And they're not going to be targeted/destroyed/harvested anyway.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well, it is inevitable that your map will have cheat packs added to it

Well, you could add a custom resource/EXP system, making it difficult for hackers to modify the hero's skills/buyable items (unless they could figure out the system and use it, but it'll keep out the noob hackers at any rate ^_^) and, possibly, some method of determining if an item was bought/dropped from a mob (so they couldn't just spawn items on the ground and take them) - would talk about that in more depth (i.e. my idea on how it could be done) but you never know who could be watching >_<

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
It's not a secret anymore, is it? :p
'doh! Here's a secret screenshot that will never be leaked.
Sorry, this has nothing to do with this thread, lol.
secrit.jpg
Well, you could add a custom resource/EXP system, making it difficult for hackers to modify the hero's skills/buyable items (unless they could figure out the system and use it, but it'll keep out the noob hackers at any rate ^_^) and, possibly, some method of determining if an item was bought/dropped from a mob (so they couldn't just spawn items on the ground and take them) - would talk about that in more depth (i.e. my idea on how it could be done) but you never know who could be watching >_<

Considering it only takes one person to get around all the stuff you do to stop them, it's not really worth adding cheat protection...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
People choose themselves if they wanna ruin the experience.
No need for a cheat protection here. :)

> emootootoo

Whoa, that spell looks awesome!
*begs and screams for public release*

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The best protection in my opinion is to, open the map with an MPQ editor once its been optimized and where strings are used, use TRG_STR (or w/e it is) and concatenate strings.

So "-save" would become:
TRIG_STR_001 + "a" + "v" + TRIG_STR_002

And you could also concatenate the TRIG_STR things in the right document :p

Makes it very difficult, and isn't too hard.

Another, very long way of doing things would be making the function names llIIIlI, 11llI1l, etc. That makes it near-impossible to do anything.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
For the tree problem, if you use the action "cinematic - Enable occlusion for all players", trees will become transparent when they block sight.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Can't believe I haven't seen this samurai map yet! :D

Sounds pretty cool, do you battle other players? Or computers?

Anyways, I'll try it out when I can. :)

EDIT: Oh, stupid me, it says "RPG", lol. Nevermind my question.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hehe.

Not really any updates on it, only that I have made up another boss, and this boss is the last you would probably meet, a Samurai Ghost.

Gravebane said:
Basicly, you go through a portal to some heavenish place (thank you Romek. :p), where you will meet nothing else than an old ghost of a legendary Samurai. He would be a pretty awesome boss, and will not be included in the demo that we will release in november.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could give ideas, (And possibly make) more bosses :rolleyes:

Anyway, samurai ghost.. if you make good AI, he could be incredible :p

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
That's what I'm heading for, yeah. But I'm not really feeling like sitting and creating an AI with 500 - 700 lines right now. In the weekend, in the weekend. (And yes, that would be what is needed for making this boss as incredible as possible. And since it's the last boss...)

About you making ideas and bosses...
I think you are in! :rolleyes:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump!

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Is it just me being blind or is there no pre-beta download at all around? :(
I know I read that Romek had tried playing it (yes, I read through all the four pages). Mommymommymommy, I wanna try too!! :D :eek: :D

Seriously though, I think it looks really promising mate!
Make sure to make a lot of noise when you release the first official version, so that all of us will notice it :thup:

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Doh! Ok then :p
*sits down and rolls my thumbs while waiting patiently* :rolleyes:

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
As many of you might have thought, this project is, or was dead.
Now, iPeez suddenly came back, and we have decided to work really hard on the map, and if we're lucky, we could have a beta out at monday to friday.

Thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.