Twilight Phantasm Graphics Worm

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
I'm part of a forum called Twilight Phantasm (Referred to as TP) and we've been working on a Graphics Worm. I want to know if anyone here is interested in participating in it. As of right now, the worm is 15 segments long and can be worked on from either end. If you would like to add on a segment, post here in this topic on which side you would like to do.

The Worm

8.jpg

dd02f2hk9.jpg

dc1da571f89507b11e944e778665d60c.JPG

THWorm1-1.jpg

TPWorm2.jpg

tpworm33es3.jpg

TpWormMySegment1.jpg

dd01f2dm7.jpg

tpwormqt5.jpg

TPworm_exone2.png

tpworm4v2uv5.jpg

untitled2.jpg

tpgwguyma9.jpg

tpgraphicwormjgg.jpg

9.jpg

tpworm2uz8.jpg

Rules of the worm

1. In order to sign up, simply post in the topic saying which list (top or bottom) that you would like to sign up for.

2. In order to submit an entry for the worm, simply send a PM to me so I can look at it. If you place it in the topic but forget to PM me, it will not be counted.

3. Before you sign up for another segment for the worm, you must wait until at least 2 others have posted a segment on that side. I'll be keeping track and keep it here on the first post.

4. You gotta save your entry as a JPEG

5. Any entries put into this topic must be linked, not loaded up.

6. You must make sure it flows fluently from the bottom/top of the previous picture.

7. You must wait your turn before you submit a piece. I will be keeping a list of who goes next here on the first post as well.

8. VERY IMPORTANT You MUST make sure the transition is smooth and does not make it look like each person made an individual piece. We want to make it so it looks like one big image. Each one should transition smoothly to the next one. No stuff like line borders or fading into the next piece unless it makes it still look like one image. I do not want it so that it becomes obvious when one worm segment ends and the other begins.

9. No animations

10. All worm segments must be 500x500

11. You have to have some kind of symbol inside of your worm segment that will signify it's yours. Either your name somewhere in it or a little picture. This does not include the segments 2 and 3 which were created before this rule was implented

12. VERY IMPORTANT I REFUSE to take any segment that has any form of horizontal line in it that stretches from one side to the other. This rule excludes the segments 2-6, as they were made before it was created.

13. You are allowed to have your name on both the "top" and "bottom" lists at the same time.

The List

Segments so far: 16

----------------------------------------------
People not allowed to submit yet (Top)
Darkdude
Aqua Dragon

List of people waiting to submit (Top)
Whitesock (TH)

Reserved List (Top)
Fishbowl

----------------------------------------------
People not allowed to submit yet (Bottom)
Aqua Dragon
Oddball

List of people waiting to submit (Bottom)

Reserved List (Bottom)

The topic at Twilight Phantasm: http://twilightphantasm.com/forums/member-creations/twilightphantasm-graphics-worm/

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Yes, I know. That worm died but it gave me inspiration to start this one. So since it's grown so long, I wanted to see if anybody here who liked the worm idea wants to participate

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The one thing that stands out is how terrible those peices are. Most are only 1-2 stars out of five in quality. :\

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
I would be willing to participate.

Alright. Just tell me which side you would like to go on and I'll sign you up.

The one thing that stands out is how terrible those peices are. Most are only 1-2 stars out of five in quality. :\

Not many of us are real graphic artists, but the worm is just for fun so the pieces don't have to be of super high quality.

Aqua Dragon

Reaction score
Fishbowl, one of the members from TP, has dropped out. So it is Whitesock's turn to make a segment.

There is currently no one on the bottom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.