Unit goes forward and [color request]

Moon_Raven

Reaction score
#1 : How to make unit go forward by an amount when "up is pressed". Or to be more precise, I would make 3 triggers one with press and other with depress and they would turn on and off the third trigger which runs every 0.03 seconds. But how to make unit go forward by an amount?

#2 : I need to make a cinematic fade color to look like sepia, like the past or something. I experimented with different color combinations and transparency and just can't get it right. Please help :)

antho

Reaction score
Hex triplet #704214
RGBB (r, g, b) (112, 66, 20)
HSV (h, s, v) (30°, 82%, 44%)

try those for the sepia thing i got it from wikipedia for u :D
for the 1# thing its in the game urthers party, maybe u can get a unprotected version for the trigger :S

Moon_Raven

Reaction score
I don't have hsv in the action fade filter. And I must use transparency. So please be more accurate, if I don't use transparency the whole screen will be coloured and nothing will show.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Try using those colors and setting the transparnacy to 50% or something, then adjust it until you reach a good result?

Edit: btw, I got an old map where I used to experiment with key movement. I can upload it here if I find it:)
But there are no instructions and it is quite a mess:p

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I suggest testing it yourself. He has given you quite accurate information, now its just up to you to see which transparency you like best. Start at like 10% and increase it by 10% until you find what you like. It couldn't take much longer than 1-2 minutes max.

As for your first problem. You use the Unit - Move unit instantly, command. Its in the GUI editor somewhere i guess.

If you are looking to use the arrow keys, there is a good system over at wc3c.net that makes it very easy to use arrow key events. Here it is.

antho

Reaction score
ok try 44% transparency RGB 43% 25% 8% it looks alright but couldnt get it better then that.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Here is an example on how to make the arrow movement, it is not smooth nor finished, but it should get you started:D

Attachments

• test.w3x
    29.6 KB · Views: 101
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.