Unit Limitation = Triggers Don't Work!!!

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
I just found out that if I put more than 206 units on a map, that the triggers no longer function. Is there a third party editor that ignores the unit limitations?

To me, this seems pretty lame of Blizzard. Imagine how many times people have wracked their brains trying to think of why their trigger won't work, when it's simply disabled because of too many units..

Then again, it could be a unique combination of WC3 editor + Windows Vista making this happen. :p

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I the only one with this problem?

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I never tried to place that much units in a map. But try WE Unlimited (download at wc3campaigns website) then see if it works. Or thats what they intend to do, put limitations.

Whats better is instead of placing units on a map create units using triggers.

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
I may do that.. I wanted to randomize the trees anyway. :p

As for WE Unlimited, it's not up to date and I don't know where to d/l version 1.20 of the World editor. (and don't really feel like re-installing WC3 just to get version 1.20).

But yeah, the location + spawn units triggers sounds like a better plan.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
As far as I know units created by the triggers is unstoppable, so if you create 1000 wisps a second it would continue until the game crashes xD

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know units created by the triggers is unstoppable, so if you create 1000 wisps a second it would continue until the game crashes xD

I agree.
I never heard of a unit limitation. Unless you mean training units. But thats just the food cap.

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
I think Vista may be messing with the map somehow whenever i save it...

Even the most simple triggers will often refuse to work. It's quite maddening. >.<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.