World US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
U.S. Plans to Screen All Who Enter, Leave Country

The federal government disclosed details yesterday of a border-security program to screen all people who enter and leave the United States, create a terrorism risk profile of each individual and retain that information for up to 40 years.

Read on...

And yet another reason I'm never ever going to travel to the US.

JuffoWup

Reaction score
Fun to be the worlds only super power isnt it?

Well it might be hard for USA to say, cuz they are right now below € in economy, Europe has deeper pockets now and no way near the gigantic debts that US has. And if US thinks they can freely harras EU they should do recheck on the muscle, cuz you cant do shit with all the worlds nukes if your own nation starts to break inside out.

But yeah, WW3 is on its way.

"may god forgive america"

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Sooner or later I will move to Britain, or Germany, one of those two, and I will be happy and I will start a new life. However the only true way to be free of the crap in the world is to no logner be in the world...

I don't recommend that you move to the UK. Germany, yes. Try Australia...

...strangley enough, people in the UK want to move to Canada and Australia o_O

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
okey, where to start....
1) >>
In my own personal opinion, and that of my dad too for that matter, 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government. Yes I know it sounds horrible to say such things but that is my opinion. The government had thousands of dollars of old weaponry to get rid of, and what better way to get rid of it than to start a war? I stopped the US economy from collapsing none the less, but either way this is my opinion, please do not start flaming the thread because I said this.

okey, first off im just gunna say no. 9/11 directly led to the war in afghanistan. This war went incredibly well if you looked at who our enemy was. We were facing guerilla fighters in a hostile region. The U.S. had a low amount of deaths and at one time also caught al Queda figurehead Osama bin Ladin. Now looking at the last army that went into Afghanistan (Soviet Union) we were doing a great job. Iraq in no way, shape, or form, is connected to 9/11. Iraq was said to be invaded because of them "possessing" WMDs. Today we know this not to be true. Actually today Iran is a greater threat then even what Iraq was percieved to be. Anyway, I have a different theory as to why we invaded Iraq and I'll put that in a spoiler at the bottom. If my theory is correct then the overall reason for invading Iraq wasnt so bad, just the management of how we invaded was terrible and we are just now learning how to combat guerrilla fighters.

2)
Fun to be the worlds only super power isnt it?

Well it might be hard for USA to say, cuz they are right now below € in economy, Europe has deeper pockets now and no way near the gigantic debts that US has. And if US thinks they can freely harras EU they should do recheck on the muscle, cuz you cant do shit with all the worlds nukes if your own nation starts to break inside out.

But yeah, WW3 is on its way.

"may god forgive america"

euros are better then dollars, I completly agree, I have a 1 euro that is sitting on my desk that has probably gone up 5-10 cents in value over the past months.

However to suggest a europe vs america war is ludacris. Why? First because there is no motive. The U.S. wont have a reason to invade Europe and we dont do enough against Europe to start an entire war.

But what if it did? Well according to you it would be a nuclear war and the U.S.' nuke supply is decreped. Wrong on both parts. No nation in its right mind would us nuclear weapons anymore, even in war. Not even in the Cold War were nukes us. So how would Europe fair in a conventional war against the U.S. Well, the U.S. military is greater the the next (at least (I think it may be as high as 20 but I dont want to give a wrong fact)) 10 strongest militaries combined. Now how great would the EU do against that? I feel that the UN (which is led partly by EU countries) is weak. All they do is sanction. Thats working wonders against Iran.

But what if somehow the EU defeated the U.S. military and decided to install a new U.S. government. Good luck with that. The U.S. is a very large place to guard and more there are more guns per household then any other nation on Earth (legal guns I think). Will Americans be happy to welcome in these occupiers. No. Will conflicts arise. Probably.

3) My last post - Still completly True
hhmmm, no, overall the U.S. is going well - With the war in Iraq going better, a pro-U.S. French President (how the hell did that happen xD), and a new leader (most likely Democratic unless theres a sudden victory in Iraq). Maybe we'll get something done in government. Maybe the economy will get better.

On the kidnapping thing, the U.S. government really can do whatever it wants. Its too big of an ally for Briton to strain relations with and its not like the UN can sanction us (even if they could, we would just ignore them like Iran is doing now) Its not right, but thats how it works. Fun to be the worlds only super power isnt it?
Once Iraq is over, the U.S. can focus more on its economy. We should be able to get out of debt and in not a great amount of time as long as we don't do something stupid like impose a total socialized healthcare system.

Anyways, send your ideas. Here is my idea of why we invaded Iraq.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article9698.htm
(I didnt write that if anyone asks, its just where I learned about this theory)
The Iraq war could have been for helping the U.S. dollar.
[YOUTUBE]k1oPEfa9Lws[/YOUTUBE]
Great video over this subject

Happy replying :D

JuffoWup

Reaction score
Uhh... ok so I make following arguements:

What US takes as war is mostly blind bombing of what-if targets ( guided weapons with misguided men ) then after the so-called targed is rubble full of horrified women, children, crippled soldiers US runs into act with armor. And even after this they've been forced to bend over. For example vietnam.

US war machine IS strongest by most measures there is, they've got largest reserve of veteran soldiers, they've got HUGE hard-on of war ( and still growing ) that exceeds all other nations military budgets combinet.

But still US has failed, or poorly performed in many scenarios across the world, both home and abroad. And in todays world of endless media frenzy, it takes less time than in 70's for people to turn against their own goverment for slaughtering people ( own and foreign ) for highly questionable reasons.

For I find it hard to believe that americans are by birth warlusting nuts willing to sacrifice themselves and their children for " Home and mom's apple pie".

But yeah, when shit hits then fan it's kinda too late

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
My word... being in SA I just kinda watch what's going on, but this is ridiculous! We don't really see America in good light (No offence intended - honest!) because of the Iraq situation and the Global warming issue.

Sorry guys, but if this rule stays, I'm not gonna go near the US. I think this rule\law is bull***t, and I don't want to be caught up with it.

I say vote for Al Gore! :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ugh. Is it voting time yet? -.-

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Iraq in no way, shape, or form, is connected to 9/11. Iraq was said to be invaded because of them "possessing" WMDs. Today we know this not to be true. Actually today Iran is a greater threat then even what Iraq was percieved to be.

The guy didn't actually say anything about the war in Iraq. He didn't mention any names actually.

Also, the US did not capture Osama bin Laden. He remains on the FBI's 10 most wanted fugitives list with a $25 million bounty on his head. Furthermore, he is wanted not (primarily) for his part in 9/11 - but with the 1998 bombings of US embassies.

Also, much of your post was actually completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Save it for the debate, right? :)

No country should have the right to kidnap people from another country, except under extreme circumstances (e.g. being on forementioned Most Wanted list). Other countries don't do it. The UK didn't attempt to kidnap the man wanted over the murder of Alexander Litvinenko when he went to Russia. The US simply does it because they know they face little retaliation.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>The US simply does it because they know they face little retaliation.

I will repeat the wonderful point someone made:

every great empires fall, it is only a matter of time before the US crumbles
Lets all hope that they don't take the rest of the world with them.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
How very true...
If it is like what has happened in the past - the fall of the Roman empire is a good example - then it isn't good. The surrounding countries in Europe at the time went back to tribal rule, and progress was lost. It's the equivelant of us going back to the 16th Century.
Some people in Dubya's administration might have realised this (that the collapse of the US = bad for rest of world, economically as well as in other ways) and use it to their advantage.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Iraq in no way, shape, or form, is connected to 9/11. Iraq was said to be invaded because of them "possessing" WMDs. Today we know this not to be true. Actually today Iran is a greater threat then even what Iraq was percieved to be.
The guy didn't actually say anything about the war in Iraq. He didn't mention any names actually.

Oh, so we wr using massive amounts of supply in Afghanistan?

Also, much of your post was actually completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Save it for the debate, right?

Haha, I guess, just answering the anti-U.S. posts

Ninva said:
Al Gore is running for president again? I wouldn't vote for him. Vote for Obama instead.
Good man :D

I guess I should give my final post on this topic? Ok! The United States pulled another no-no on this one. Instead of using using Interpol to bring him into the country, we decide to do it ourselves and make a big deal about it. Really, these internation agencies are only useful if you use them. However the U.S. can do this because they are the only superpower. A fall of the U.S. empire? Don't count on it. The U.S. will more likely be gentally lifted down out of grace, but thats when theres another greater power. Possible great powers? China - probably by 2050, United Middle East- xD like that will ever happen, UN- doubt they will ever do any real action to the U.S., Russia- more likely a support for China in 2050, but you never know. Can the U.S. stay on top forever? Not if we continue not to focus on our ecomomy and piss of the rest of the world.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
How about this one? Lets remove all of our troops, bases, and our whole empire that we have built from the world. Why don't we spend that money that we spend overseas in our country? Why don't we use those troops to secure our own borders? Voting for Obama or any of the others is voting for absolutely NO CHANGE. Ron Paul is change :cool:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Al Gore is running for president again? I wouldn't vote for him. Vote for Obama instead.

Independents FTW!
Green party XD
(Which BTW gore betrayed us and moved to the democrats again but we won't mind :p)

Really on my people on the primary i don't really know who to decide XD

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
you know, if everything the current politicians in the usa did was shown now, I wonder how many people would be happy with it? Of course: whos happy with US politics now?

80 years from now if something doesn't happen: united empire of america

by the way: I am not supporting the takeover if it happens. even though Im american.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
We need to remove a lot of the leaders and start fresh, kinda.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.