Use as Sound

monar

Reaction score
I imported sounds from DotA with Import Manager, but when I want to add them to map with Sound Manager I can only add some of them, but not all.
When I click use as sound nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?
Thx for all replies.
;)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
sec, I open my WE.

EDIT:
In your Sound Editor:
1) are you able to import them?
If you are,
2) select ur song and press the green triangle (play), does ur song play or does it give an error?

If ur song does play I suppose you should bea ble to use it as a sound.
If ur song doesn't play, the fileformat doesn't fit *mp3 itsself, isn't everything which does matter*, you can set a lot more things...

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
SO:
the problem is:
when you press "use as sound" NOTHING happens, no error, nor anything else?

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Cud u send me 1 of those sounds which aren't working?
PM me.

EDIT:
it works for me...
Follow these steps:
  • restart ur WE
  • Maybe you imported too much --> can't add more to ur map; you can test this by importing the sound in another map and try wether it works there.
  • atm, I don't know other things which might cause problems... maybe your computer lags badly...?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Have a similar sound problem, I have imported some sounds in MP3 format and it works properly when I test play them in sound editor. But I get an error when I try to run the map when a trigger contains any of the sounds.
Here is an example for one of the triggers I tried with:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 1 as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Sound - Play Red_alert_sound_1 <gen> at 100,00% volume, located at (Position of Peasant 0001 <gen>) with Z offset 0,00
Also it's a test map so there is nothing else imported (and size is around 30kB..)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
  • When you do "use as sound", do you get an error?
  • When you used them as a sound, they are listed right. When you select ur sound and then press the green triangle (play), does it give you an error or does it play?
  • Or do you do "use as music"?
  • Have you removed that peasant from ur map? If so --> ofc it crashes, can't create sound at a non-existing spot.

Tt112233

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There's actually a huge problem with sound editor in WE. It's buggy as hell. I had the exact same problem, and sought every possible problems, but it was not solvable.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Yes, its odd.
No, it's fixable by editing your sounds.

Sounds simply need other frequence and stuff as you might have them at right now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.