Walking in a straight line

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ok well one of my triggers creates a unit at point A and makes him move to Point B. Now, point B is exactly straight across point A, so generally speaking the unit will move in a straight line to point B, right? wrong. for some reason my units that are made every other second move on a curved line to point b for some reason. does anybody know why this is or how to fix it?
here pictures (with a grid to prove the exactly across part)
How it should be:
shouldbe.jpg

but what it is right now (approx)
isatm.jpg

help would be appreciated

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
That's just WC3's pathfinding. Units stop about 20 points short of their destination, and take a curved path to get there. Blame Blizzard, it is your only option.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
srsly eh? god damn thats pretty freaken gay. are u sure there is no way to make em go straight?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. I once wrote a script to make orders slightly more precise to make units stop at their true destination, but never have I seen one prevent curving.

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
The only (ugly) fix I can think is for example to force them to walk from A to A' to A'' to A''' to B where A', A'' and A''' are on the same line as A and B.

Edit: Even uglier idea: Monitor every unit and filter away any change in the Y coordinate if it was "too small".

RaiJin

Reaction score
That's just WC3's pathfinding. Units stop about 20 points short of their destination, and take a curved path to get there. Blame Blizzard, it is your only option.

so thats why... dam it pisses me off

no wonder i have the exact same problem

anyhow.. you could always create a whole shit load of rects to make them go in a straight line? like a halfway point? rect?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
If you don't need the area for anything other than having units go in straight lines, you could create pathing blockers on both sides of the paths to guide the units in the right place.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
arg, that sucks. and pathing blockers wont work cuz i got people going through them... unless i make the units flying and make them flying pathing blockers! il try that hope it works!

slide them :D

that culd wokr too il try if pathing blockers dont work

takethat

Reaction score
If you don't need the area for anything other than having units go in straight lines, you could create pathing blockers on both sides of the paths to guide the units in the right place.

if thats only 1 unit in the map, this might work. do you take into consideration that it will block other units? what about other unit that might cross line withis 1?

if the unit is use as a missile/projectile, best use slide trigger

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
no its a unit, but im sliding him, if i can get the slide to work. im just making him use the walk animation for it to make it seem like hes walking

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.