Wall spell not placing units in the right place

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
So, trying to make a "wall" kind of spell. It creates wall units in a circular pattern that acts as a prison. The problem is the following:
While I want the wall to be non-passable by ground units, I want it to be build in a pretty circle. Due to this, I can't use pathing or collision size as normal, because when summoned close to a building, some of them will be off their position. Even when collision size and pathing is 0/None, the problem occurs, albeit not as much. The trigger is as follows, the skill based off channel:

Trigger:
  • Prison of Force Casting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Prison of Force
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 38, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 600.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 9.47) degrees)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Wall of Force for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint2 facing TempPoint
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

And a small side-note: Does anyone know a good model for a wall of force? Haven't found any good among the regular ones and have unsuccesfully searched on hive workshop.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be Integer A from 1 to 36

Trigger:
  • Set TempPoint2 = ( TempPoint offset by 600.00 towards ((Real((INteger A))) x 10 degrees ) )

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be Integer A from 1 to 36

Trigger:
  • Set TempPoint2 = ( TempPoint offset by 600.00 towards ((Real((INteger A))) x 10 degrees ) )

Yeah, it could. First, my idea was to make the units have 50 collision size, because I though "create unit at point" created it at that point, no matter what might be blocking. With 50 collision size, 38 units would be needed to block a circle with a radius of 600 ((600*2*3.14)/100=37,7).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.