Warcaft 4 ?

Hell no, blizzard is too busy on World of warcraft and starcraft ghost, so I doubt it will be another one, but i've heard some rumors that there will be a Warcraft movie tho.

LOTR stole that glory already. I should kill them as well as those japaneese people.

I was never too fond of LotR...the races are just too weird and different compared to good ol' warcraft (like the fact the orcs are poo-covered zombies of sorts).

To answer your question, they will not make a Warcraft IV. All lore will continue on in WoW and future Warcraft novels.

It's like that film in the futurama episode "I Dated A Robot". Blizzard will keep sleeping and working with WoW until the day civilization comes to an end.

if they are going to make a warcraft 4 then it wont be for a good few years yet. as cornface says, blizzard are too busy with WoW atm. they are making a lot of money from that so why would they turn their attention to making a completely new game?

As for number 4, I don't think that Blizzard has the time. not aying they aren't capable, but Blizzard has three things on their mind right now:

World of Warcraft
The new Starcraft thing...(not a fan..)
and
The movie

They are teaming up with Legendary pictures (Batman and the new Superman) to make the movie. It is supposed to start production around next year or so and maybe, i doub't it, but sources say that it should be out by 2008. As of now, they are trying to get Peter Jackson (King Kong, LOTR) to direct the movie. As for me... i think that they should get him ;check my forum;

I do however hope that they will sometime make a Warcraft 4 :D

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33680

anyone played heroes III? first we had just the game. then came the first expasion - sod. then came the second - ab. then we got heroes IV which sucked badly and 3DO was no more.
eventually we got wog - a third party expansion that is, in my oppinion, better than heroes V, if we exclude the fact that heroes V is 3d.
what we can hope for is that we will one day get "wog" for warcraft III - in other words one uber expansion with a new campaign, models...just about everything.
until then you can:
1. get wow, roleplay the new story etc.
2. stop wasting time, open we and start mapmaking!
3. join thehelper.net if you already haven't and do number 2. <3
4. read this post again...and pay attention to number 2.

Man I really want there to be a warcraft 4, they might make it after WOW, but WOW was the worst thing they could put out. It's really annoying, and I would put out a flamewar against it, but I don't believe that would be taken well :p
I believe if the people at blizzard can get their heads out of the ground after WOW has lost it's fame, then they might, just maybe, be cool and make warcraft 4.

With the profit WoW is bringing in, WC4 won't be worth the time and effort it would take to make for a LONG long time.

make wc4 yourself, continue where they left off with a new campaign, do what icewind dale II did with the infinity engine, the same game just a little better, more options, new skins/icons/portraits/models, new plot and your set, id play it :D

Starcraft ghost was scrapped, didnt everyone know this. . .? And WC4 probably won't come out, expansion is more likely, because after WoW, Diablo 3 is being made(its being made now positive, it was at E3 booth being shown) which holds more expectations because diablo2 has been out longer then WC3 TFT and the community is still much larger then wc3. Diablo 2 LoD gets updates once a month maybe, wc3 gets an update once every 3months or so, you can see which one is favored :rolleyes: :mad:

That would be hard for me , cuz i'm kind of a noob in making Campains and stuff .

But why not gather up some T.H members and atleast maybe try ?

fratleyslaye said:
Starcraft ghost was scrapped, didnt everyone know this. . .? And WC4 probably won't come out, expansion is more likely, because after WoW, Diablo 3 is being made(its being made now positive, it was at E3 booth being shown) which holds more expectations because diablo2 has been out longer then WC3 TFT and the community is still much larger then wc3. Diablo 2 LoD gets updates once a month maybe, wc3 gets an update once every 3months or so, you can see which one is favored :rolleyes: :mad:

favored or just greatly flawed? Oo

Hey im a fan of diablo. And yes it is flawed. It was good. But then "oo lets add rune words" I liked that. Unfortunitly that lead to "I want enimga! Who has enigma! HOTO for ENIGMA!" Then "Torches, lets add that!". im not flaming diablo here. Im just saying they ruined it with all that stuff. I miss people saying. "Sigons". I cant wait for Diablo 3, hoping some of that stuff gets changed and one of the problems in diablo is character balancing. Warcraft 3 is perfect, well alomost. But there might be a warcraft 4. Dont doubt it.

fratleyslaye said:
because diablo2 has been out longer then WC3 TFT and the community is still much larger then wc3. Diablo 2 LoD gets updates once a month maybe, wc3 gets an update once every 3months or so, you can see which one is favored :rolleyes: :mad:

I disagree. I dont play D2 anymore, but I remember being a 6ish Month break bewteen patch 1.10 and 1.11 or whatever. But hey, that was awhile ago.

I dont even think WC3 gets patches that often. WoW probably gets the most by far ;). And they're always really big... Usually... E.g, they just finished 1.11 for a big dungeon and they've already preview'd notes for 1.12 (which I can't wait for. World PvP FTW).

What D2 are YOU playing? I play it almost every day, for at least an hour. There hasn't been an update since I bought the damn thing, some months ago...

D3 will not come out for a LONG time to come. WoW is simply too profitable. And that's why it gets the most updates.

WC3 hasn't gotten an update in long over 3 months, I believe. Why?

They're paying attention to the money-maker. WoW.

Yes...they aren't even making any small updates to WC3 - we've been on the 1.20 patches for ages. 1.20e now...geez. They're too busy with Naxxramas.

In truth, Blizzard seems to be out of the RTS loop at the moment. FPSes, MMORPGs, movies...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.