WIP Warcraft IV : Return of The Burning Legion

msakni

Reaction score
A great tip is to never announce something unless you have a lot of progress in it, otherwise they barely start it, and either start a team for them to do it, or spend all there time on ideas and not actually get much done. This is extremely common. However I hope this guy succeeds where most fail :)

Btw king I never said yours wasn't unqiue, by theme being repetitive I mean making a wc4
The only reason I posted this thread despite that I haven't progressed is that I have to recruit a team so I/we can progress on things I'm unable to do (Models/Skins/Musics/VOice acting etc...)
Throught, I'm currently progressing and almost finished the Fel Orc races.Except a new update today or tommorow :)

I'm also currently recruiting a terrainer that could terrain 128x128 Outland tileset.Here a little info about the map :
In one of the corners of the map, there is a dimensional portal surrounded by a Fel Orc base which are buildings defenses.In different area of the map, there is 3 illidaris' outpost that are fighting the Fel Orc army.
And in another corner, there is a peaceful dranei village.That's all, you are free to decide what the rest of the ma holds.

KiwiClint

Reaction score
I could probably play through a thousand different WarCraft IV's, and I wouldn't get bored so long as they were different...The only problem I have is that never are they completed. I really liked WC3, but after playing through the campaigns so many times they just get boring...I don't need new races, new models, or even radically unique storylines. What I'd really like is if someone could just finish a single, fun, new campaign. I've been trying to look through projects to see if there's one that's good and fun...Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but all I see is odd online games or single player games that have nearly nothing to do with WC3. I really hope you finish this project, whether it's as great as you've planned or not. And you, too, other WCIV creators! ;P

msakni

Reaction score
I'm back

I'm sorry for not having shown sign of life last days, I had problems with personnal life.Throught, I'm back now and I'm ready to work in the project againt.I will released some info about the Fel Orcs soon ;)

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I'm sorry for not having shown sign of life last days, I had problems with personnal life.Throught, I'm back now and I'm ready to work in the project againt.I will released some info about the Fel Orcs soon ;)

Awesome! Looking forward to it :)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
If you work alone, it won't be enough. You actually need a team, even if it is just a small one. Edge of Eternity is not even yet complete after the very long time of work of the team. Well good luck, but I suggest you take a path of another map genre.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
If you work alone, it won't be enough. You actually need a team, even if it is just a small one. Edge of Eternity is not even yet complete after the very long time of work of the team. Well good luck, but I suggest you take a path of another map genre.

Very true.. A team is almost essential unless you really work your ass off and take days off work etc.

msakni

Reaction score
We are two in the Team, but I'm currently recruiting if you'd like !
Very true.. A team is almost essential unless you really work your ass off and take days off work etc.
See above
Awesome! Looking forward to it :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
-High Quality models

How high quality are you talking? Warcraft's 3D engine is horrible (at least compared to newer engines), and you really shouldn't be making models higher than a few hundred polys (especially in things like this where they're massed), maybe a few instances of some with possibly twenty five hundred maximum (like heroes and things).

Last time you had competition, you decided to merge with them. ¬_¬

I just liked that so I quoted it.

The huge problem is Shady. While I have had some great ideas and plans in the past, I'm hardly as good as Shady in terms of organization. Plus me and Shady always helped each other greatly in our projects, so it was kinda like we were merged already but our ideas got split into two projects.

What one of you is supposed to Email me stuff?

Not really, I'm making a standalone game by myself (since my Oblivion mod got shut down due to possible legality infringement issues I'm doing something else) and helping on another one that has a team of two other people I think (unlike Warcraft, I'm not hitting big wall after huge wall after insurmountable wall because of the limitations of the engine making it so I can't do anything I wanted to in their god damn file size limit). He either needs to either know what he's doing or have the ambition to figure it out himself (since I've found that for a lot harder things, the Warcraft community isn't greatly helpful).

The only reason I posted this thread despite that I haven't progressed is that I have to recruit a team so I/we can progress on things I'm unable to do (Models/Skins/Musics/VOice acting etc...)

That's like half of it! And kinda the more important half since that's what people are going to see and judge. Isn't there a recruiting thread on one of these sites?

I would grab a copy of Gmax or the XSI Mod Tool (I like Gmax more because XSI is confusing, but it's not supported by Autodesk anymore, but it also has the export tools you need I think) or try and find a copy of 3DS Max 5 (I think that was the version with the official tools?), which might be kinda hard since that was back when Discreet wasn't owned by Autodesk. But I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper (or free if you're good at that kinda stuff) than the new one (2010 is like 4 grand, and wouldn't do you any good for Warcraft. It looks nice though).

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Varine, I've given you the script already. I didn't think it was necessary for you to have extra work on your hands. We should really keep in contact, do you go on MSN or something regularly?

Varine

Reaction score
It's all good bro. I'll send you my personal email in the next PM I send you, as soon as I finish writing it.

joohen

Reaction score
Competition competition! Don't merge! I wan to see the ultimate battle of Warcraft 4 vs Warcraft 4. Please don't lose the spirit!

Varine

Reaction score
We have me though... so we get extra points.

Varine

Reaction score
So is this basically going to the same thing as Warcraft III with a slightly different story (kind of seems to be... the same concept from your preview things), or are you changing things up? Like not models or UI, like are you changing how the game is played, like what gathers resources, the ways units work, ect?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
from what i heard. its going to run off-of wc3. so it should basically be almost the same. almost. maybe not even close. i doubt it.

Its intended to continue the campaign. And shouldnt you know? You are on the development team.

msakni

Reaction score
So is this basically going to the same thing as Warcraft III with a slightly different story (kind of seems to be... the same concept from your preview things), or are you changing things up? Like not models or UI, like are you changing how the game is played, like what gathers resources, the ways units work, ect?

from what i heard. its going to run off-of wc3. so it should basically be almost the same. almost. maybe not even close. i doubt it.

Its intended to continue the campaign. And shouldnt you know? You are on the development team.

Well, there is things that won't be changed, like the ressources throught, some features will be added to the game mechanic that differ it from Warcraft III.I'll reveal more soon. :)

Varine

Reaction score

No, I'm on the development team for Edge of Eternity. Not that anyone tells me anything, I'm not really developing it I'm doing the CG work.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
No, I'm on the development team for Edge of Eternity. Not that anyone tells me anything, I'm not really developing it I'm doing the CG work.

I would tell you more if you got on skype/msn often :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.