WIP Warcraft IV : Return of The Burning Legion

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know a friend who does cinematics if you ever need him.

msakni

Reaction score
I know a friend who does cinematics if you ever need him.

Thanks you for the offer, but I and Joccaren already doe cinematics

Also, sorry for the lack of updates, my internet's having problem and I uses m grandfather's comp only for a short time :/

msakni

Reaction score
I have got my internet working now, except huge update in the week-end about some :
-Units
-Races gameplay
-Main gameplay of Warcraft IV and what changed from Wc3
-Some missions's layout

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I have got my internet working now, except huge update in the week-end about some :
-Units
-Races gameplay
-Main gameplay of Warcraft IV and what changed from Wc3
-Some missions's layout

Cool :thup:

msakni

Reaction score
I'm currently looknig for a terrainer who could make me a city which was destroyed by a rain of meteors.
PM if you'd like to help and I'll give more precise informations
:)

Note : Updates coming

msakni

Reaction score
Update
This is the first update in this project.I'll expalin in thus huge update the gameplay mechanics of Warcraft IV, Humans Races, Orc and their units and what changed from Warcraft 3.
Gameplay :

Creeps Base : In Warcraft IV, there will be sometimes, depending on the map, a Neutral Hostile's base where it trains units and harvest ressources.
These will attack the main palyer base in late game but in early game, we'll attend to occupy Neutral Buildings and attack new expansions.
This base will be a serious problem in early game as it prevents you from expanding.

Multiple Construction Menu : Warcraft IV features multiples construction menus, including Economic, Military and Basics buildings.

Different Gold Mines : Players usually starts with a Huge Goldmine, which has a very large of amount of Gold. The other goldmine mines in the map are usually Tiny/Medium, throught some heavy guarded Goldmines are Large/Huge

Navals Battles : Like Wc, Navals Battles are included in melee maps in Warcraft IV. It inludes Military Ships, Transports and Naval Builders

More : There we'll be more features that you'll discover when playing the Beta...

Human Race :

The humans have a little changed, the ways they gather ressources is different too, and they now have a Ranking System :
Novice : 0 Kills : Grants Nothing
Aprentice : 3 Kills : Grants 50 Life Bonus
Armsman : 6 Kills : Grants 100 Life Bonus, 2 Damage
Fighter : 9 Kills : Grants 150 Life Bonus, 4 Damage
Experienced Soldier : 15 Kills : Grants 200 Life Bonus, 8 Damage, 1 Armor
Elite Captain : 30 Kills : Grants 350 Life Bonus, 14 Damage, 2 Armor and 1 Inventory Slot
The Ranking system doesn't apply to Casters/Workers units.

Units :
Peasant :
The Peasant is the basic human worker, he harvest ressources, repair and build structures.
Can be assigned to a Mining Camp, or a Lumber Mill for ressources gathering

Expedition Team :
Scout unit, slows but have extended line of sight when standing.
Surrounding your base with these can warn you from attacks.

Soldier :
Basic Infantry unit, very useful againt ranged units.Can learn Defensive Position, which reduces attack speed but gives the Soldier a chances to block an attack, higher chances to block ranged attacks.

Gunner :
Ranged Unit, very useful from afar.Have the Deadly Shot skill, which passively deal bonus damage depending on the distance. Can be upgrade to Rocketeers.

Rockeeter :
Ranged Unit, upgrade of the Gunner, have an AOE damage and deal bonus damage to buildings. Can learn Napalm Rockets, which causes targeted units and buildings to burn.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I like the Navals Battles feature :thup:

btw, you could make a garrison system:

when you create a tower, it doesn't attack, but you can garrison it with archers or even cannons, giving them increased range or something

same could work with the ships

it's just a suggestion

msakni

Reaction score
I like the Navals Battles feature :thup:

btw, you could make a garrison system:

when you create a tower, it doesn't attack, but you can garrison it with archers or even cannons, giving them increased range or something

same could work with the ships

it's just a suggestion

hx for suppots, I was thinking about a garrison system, like a tower could garrison 3 ranged units, each one giving another attack to the tower (Using Phoenix Fire) so a tower with 3 gunners could attack 3 units at the same time.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why use Phoenix Fire? I would just use triggers for it or something and make dummy units with attacks... or use the Orc bunker thing.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Looking good, although there are some flaws. For example,

1. The larger Gold Mines should NOT be in a more enclosed/guarded area. It should be very open. You can do this by making it a lower ground area which has multiple choke points. This way it requires a lot more skill to manage the expansion.

2. Biggest of all the flaws is the ranking system. While at hand it seems pretty balanced by adding little but noticeable bonuses, it should in no way apply to Heroes. Forgive me if you mean no Heroes by casters, because I know your English isn't the best, but I'm just telling you upfront in case you intend to add it to Heroes. It would be extremely imbalanced.

3. Is the upgrade from Gunners to Rocketeers global? If so change it. Changing from a Gunner to a Rocketeer should be a single upgrade on a single unit, because if it is a global upgrade at the Blacksmith then the Humans have no more singular ranged units left.

Suggestions:

I think you should make the Rocketeer a gnome. As default its attack should shoot six multiple rockets randomly in a small radius of the targeted unit. This way they are effective against large clusters of units. They should not be able to target air units though, you should leave the air-targeting to the Gunner or else the two would have overlapping roles.

Anyway, it is looking really good and I hope this succeeds. Looking forward to your next update!

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Sorry to repeat a point, but it does sound like another WCIII: Reign of Chaos; but as long as you make it unique in enough ways, you'll be 'right. I'd like to see a bit more of a detailed description of the storyline, just so it's clear.

If I were you, I'd spend a little bit of time trying to think of an imaginative name because "Return of the Burning Legion" may adequately fit what the campaign is about, it just seems a bit boring to me as a title.

I do like your ranking system; but be prepared to make it work, because it sounds like it could be a little complicated to trigger, even with GUI. The intro of new units is also a good idea; but make sure to get an experienced modeler if you're going to use new unit models.

The Creep Bases are a very good idea, but will be very hard to do. I'm not sure Neutral Hostile will be effected by the Melee Function "Run Melee AI Script" because it's not one of the main 12 players that WE lets you have, meaning you will have to trigger the Neutral Hostile Script yourself, either in GUI or JASS, which is why it will be hard. But never-the-less, if you can do it (or if someone can help you do it), then that's good.

I agree with kingbdogz about the upgrade from gunners to rocketeers. The upgrade should not be global.

If you can complete this, my hat's off to you and your team. Good luck. :thup:

msakni

Reaction score
Looking good, although there are some flaws. For example,

1. The larger Gold Mines should NOT be in a more enclosed/guarded area. It should be very open. You can do this by making it a lower ground area which has multiple choke points. This way it requires a lot more skill to manage the expansion.

2. Biggest of all the flaws is the ranking system. While at hand it seems pretty balanced by adding little but noticeable bonuses, it should in no way apply to Heroes. Forgive me if you mean no Heroes by casters, because I know your English isn't the best, but I'm just telling you upfront in case you intend to add it to Heroes. It would be extremely imbalanced.

3. Is the upgrade from Gunners to Rocketeers global? If so change it. Changing from a Gunner to a Rocketeer should be a single upgrade on a single unit, because if it is a global upgrade at the Blacksmith then the Humans have no more singular ranged units left.

Suggestions:

I think you should make the Rocketeer a gnome. As default its attack should shoot six multiple rockets randomly in a small radius of the targeted unit. This way they are effective against large clusters of units. They should not be able to target air units though, you should leave the air-targeting to the Gunner or else the two would have overlapping roles.

Anyway, it is looking really good and I hope this succeeds. Looking forward to your next update!
1- I didn't really understand what you mean :)

2- I won't affect heroes, spellcasters and workers

3- The upgrade isn't globall, it's kinda like the obsidian status morphing to that flying thing

Sorry to repeat a point, but it does sound like another WCIII: Reign of Chaos; but as long as you make it unique in enough ways, you'll be 'right. I'd like to see a bit more of a detailed description of the storyline, just so it's clear.

If I were you, I'd spend a little bit of time trying to think of an imaginative name because "Return of the Burning Legion" may adequately fit what the campaign is about, it just seems a bit boring to me as a title.

I do like your ranking system; but be prepared to make it work, because it sounds like it could be a little complicated to trigger, even with GUI. The intro of new units is also a good idea; but make sure to get an experienced modeler if you're going to use new unit models.

The Creep Bases are a very good idea, but will be very hard to do. I'm not sure Neutral Hostile will be effected by the Melee Function "Run Melee AI Script" because it's not one of the main 12 players that WE lets you have, meaning you will have to trigger the Neutral Hostile Script yourself, either in GUI or JASS, which is why it will be hard. But never-the-less, if you can do it (or if someone can help you do it), then that's good.

I agree with kingbdogz about the upgrade from gunners to rocketeers. The upgrade should not be global.

If you can complete this, my hat's off to you and your team. Good luck. :thup:

It's not possible to change title in TheHelper :/

I already have the Ranking System working

concerning the Creep-Base, it will be some hard work but it's do-able

Thx for suggestions guys

death_knight

Reaction score
Even if you can't change the thread name, you should be able to edit your main post, allowing you to give use a new and more interesting name.

And trust me when I say there will be a lot of experimentation with the creep bases. I tried to do it once, but didn't finish because I didn't have enough determination. There will be a lot of fiddling around with triggers, and it is very time-consuming. Just a final friendly warning.

You are going to make new unit models for your new units, right?

msakni

Reaction score
Even if you can't change the thread name, you should be able to edit your main post, allowing you to give use a new and more interesting name.

And trust me when I say there will be a lot of experimentation with the creep bases. I tried to do it once, but didn't finish because I didn't have enough determination. There will be a lot of fiddling around with triggers, and it is very time-consuming. Just a final friendly warning.

You are going to make new unit models for your new units, right?

1) I'm going to have a new story, the one I currently have doesn't have depth, I admit.

2) Thanks for your warning, I haven't started that yet, just because I'm not focusing in Melee Maps

3) I thinks yes, when I'll have a modeller ;)

Update
Another update, in which I'll inform you of the first heroes that the players will encounter in the Humans' missions, aswell the new story and some units.
Story :

Warcraft IV : Secrets of the Titans​

Seven years have passed, since the events of the Frozen Throne, the Lich King locked himself in the Frozen Throne for a temprarly slumber, and there was no sign of the Scourge for these seven years.
Some thinks that the lich kings,is preparing his minions to a new attack, while other think they strangely retreated. While that time, the Alliance and the Horde were expanding in all Azeroth, new colonies where build. Throught, recents humans' villages in the Barrens leads the Orcs and Humans to a new war. And the Alliance was victorious. The last Orcs, leads by Thrall and Rexxar, have decided to reclaim their lands, but having failed, they decided to move out, to the South of Kalimdor. But that's not all, in a dark shadowy planet, strange humanoid beings are trying to flee their homeland due to the recent Legion invasion, when all these humanoids fleed, the planets was torn apart, throught, Kil'jaeden is fascinated by the possibility that the creatures can create portals so easily, so he decided to hunt them but he don't know that they landed in Outland...

The campaigns are in this order :

Campaign 1 : Fall of the Horde
Race : Humans
The Lich King was now sleeping for Seven Years, allowing the Alliance to expands in all Azeroth and restore from the destruction of Lordaeron. Throught, recents humans' villages in the Barrens leads the Orcs and Humans to a new war.
Come back later

Campaign 2 Part 1 : The Unknows Lands
Race : Orcs
With the humans advancing in to the Barrens, the Orcs have serious problems, and their troops are weakened, throught, leaded by Thrall and Rexxar, they decided to move to the South of Kalimdor...
Come back later

Campaign 3 : Druidic's Nightmares
Race : Nightelves
While that time, in the shadowy forests of Ashenvale, Malfurion, who returned sleeping in the Emerald Dream, had a nightmare which awakened him, he senses a dark evil devouring Azeroth itself...
Come back later

Campaign 2 Part 2 : The Temple of Titans
Race : Orcs
In the South of Kalimdor, in unknows lands, the Horde found an ancient temple, as they explore it, they discovered that it's a temple made by the Titans...
Come back later

Campaign 4 : Illidan's Betrayal
Race : Illidaris and New Race
In a dark shadowy planet, strange humanoid beings are trying to flee their homeland due to the recent Legion invasion, when all these beings fleed, the planets was torn apart, throught, Kil'jaeden is fascinated by the possibility that the creatures can create portals so easily, he decided to hunt them but he don't know that they landed in Outland...
Come back later

Campaign 2 Part 3 : Prison of Secrets
Race : Orcs, then Nightelves
As the Horde advances in the titans' temple, they found a dark prison, with horrific screams coming from it. Thrall thinks that it should be better to keep it closed, but some Orcs, thinking that the Titans' secrets could be useful to vainquish the Alliance, have opened the prison and freed destruction itself...
Come back later

Campaign 5 : The Last Hope
Race : Kul Tiras' Navy (Special Human), Orcs, Warsong Orcs (Special Orcs), Nightelves
With the evil beasts awakened, the Night Elves, lead by Malfurion, tried to re-unite the Kul Tiras' humans and the Horde to face the evil.
Thrall charged a group of the Warsong Clans to search for a way to defeat the beast in the depth of the temple...
Come back later

I'm not a very good story writer, but this is the best thing I could think of something better, throught, if someone as an idea for Scourge/Forsaken campaign, I might take it.
Also, here two heroes, one the player plays in the Humans' campaign and the other is a Orc hero. Throught, camapigns heroes are more unique than melee heroes, the Orc Hero will also be played in the orcish campaign.

Danath Tyranion : Holy Crusader
Main Attribute : Strenght
Warrior Hero, adept at supporting allies. Can learn Redemption, Divine Protection, Holy Light, Sacred Ground and <Ultimate Undecided>

Divine Protection : Surrounds nearby units with a holy shield, increases armor by 2/3/4/5 for 10 seconds and giving 5/6/7/8% to regain 75/100/125/150 health.
(Crusader is shielded Too)
Sacred Ground : Bless the target area, units in the area are healed by 3/5/7/9hp/sec and receive 10/12/14/16% attack speed bonus when standing in the Sacred Ground.The effect is reversed againt Undead Enemies units. Last 25 second
Redemption : Causes nearby enemies to be stunned for 2/3/4/5 seconds. Also deal 75/100/125/150 damage.
Holy Light : A holy Light which can heal friendly living units for 150/250/350/450 or damage undeads enemies. If cast in an ally, grants 2 armor bonus

Gurunt : Kodo Rider
Main Attribute : Strenght
Warrior Hero, adept at ranged combat. Can learn Drums of War, Orcish Rage, Shockwave, Charge and <Ultimate Undecided>

Drums of War : Increases the attack speed, or damage of nearby units, depending on the melody. A maximum of 5/10/15/20 drums is allowed.
Drums of Speed : Grants 1% attack speed and movespeed for each 1 drums
Drums of War : Grants 1% damage for each 1 drums
Orcish Rage : Increases the Hero's damage by 10/15/20/25% for 5 seconds. Effects if prolonged by 1 second for each 5 attacks the hero receive.
Shockwave : The kodo throws his upper body to the air, causing an enormous shockwave when his body crashes in the grounds, the shockwave deal 50/75/100/125 damage and knock units to a distance of 350/400/450/500.
Charge : Gurunt's kodo charges at the target, deal 50 damage to the target and toss it in the air, upon landing, the target stun nearby enemies for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds and deal 50/75/100/125 damage to them (as well as himself)

PS : Maybe an Moderator could edit the Title ?

Varine

Reaction score
So... basically, Edge of Eternity? This is getting funnier and funnier.

death_knight

Reaction score
Maybe a more original story should be thought of before you start because this is sounding like other peoples' projects. This new one doesn't entirely make sense to me. I mean; why has the Lich King gone Dormant? And wouldn't it be cooler if you actually let the player be the Humans destroying the Orc Homeland? (Not that the destruction of the Orc Homeland makes much sense either).

But that's not all, in a dark shadowy planet, strange humanoid beings are trying to flee their homeland due to the recent Legion invasion, when all these humanoids fleed, the planets was torn apart, throught, Kil'jaeden is fascinated by the possibility that the creatures can create portals so easily, so he decided to hunt them but he don't know that they landed in Outland...

This doesn't make any sense to me for a few reasons:
  1. Kil'jaeden would be, more likely than not, reforming the Legion. After all, it would take some time because the Legion was HUGE.
  2. Even if Kil'jaeden had finished rebuilding it, I doubt he'd be chasing a race that we know nothing about around. I think he would be planning another assault instead.
  3. What's this "Shadowy Planet" called? And what are these "Beings" that inhabit it? And, to me, this seems like it has very little to do with the rest of your story.
  4. Kil'jaeden, being of similar magical capabilities as Archimonde, wouldn't be "curious" about these portals because he could more than likely make portals just as easily.

NB: If you are going to use that Outlands, it might be a good idea to use Illidan.

When creating a campaign storyline, you got to sit down and think hard about it because it's got to be good; it's got to be captivating; and it's got to make sense; and when presenting it to a large audience such as the one on these forums, your idea has to be original. I must emphasis the last point most of all, because with something like this, it has to be original otherwise people will criticize it and be less likely to download it and play it when it's done.

There are too many campaigns. That also confuses me. See if you can just do one campaign for each race, otherwise it just gets really confusing. I mean, you alread have 5 campaigns if you don't split the second one into three parts. If you could do it in 5 and do it well, then I congratulate you; but with seven (counting Campaign 2 as 3 parts), there's going to be too much for you to do, and too much for the player to play.

If you're going to introduce an entirely new race like the one you've listed, the modeler on your team will have to be prepared to make a lot of new models and you are going to have to think up names for all these new units, otherwise this new race won't work. If you were going to introduce the Draenai or the Trolls, then that would be easier because you got units already.

The one thing I will admit I like is the Heroes. Though not perfect, they show a lot of promise.

Varine

Reaction score
And rename it. Really dude? Secrets of the Titans?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.