WIP Warcraft IV : Return of The Burning Legion

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I think it's been more than 2 or three days since his last update though. I mean, his last update was closer to 2 or 3 weeks ago

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Or... don't announce it the second you get the idea in your head and go ZOMG DAT IZ ASUMS. Wait a day or two and see if you remember just what it is that was so asum.

You realize that is what I did with my project? As a starting World Editor noob I instantly thought "ZOMG DAT IZ ASUMS IDEAS, ME TRY" and then I went ahead. Yet, look at it now, it's coming along stronger than ever.

Although I did make One War before this, so I guess I had a little experience.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yes after almost a year where I heard nothing from anyone and then out of the blue I got an email that said "New Private Message at TheHelper.net", which I had totally forgotten about and had long since been banned multiple times.

I did it too and I'm getting back around to a couple of the maps, but after I got to the point where the cool stuff came in I was like "Fuck I can't do this." But now I get 8 megs. And possibly an MPQ to hide them all in.

punwisp

Reaction score
Well Since this is another wc4 project (If your continuing) I hope your not bringing back past characters that clearly died from previous games, such as Kingdogz did with Kil'rog Deadeye (Since there was quite the detailed death of him during the second war, in beyond the dark portal, killed by Danath)

Or the stupid WoW thing where they bring back every other evil character :p (Dreadlords are a good example, how many times has Balnazzar died?)

Varine

Reaction score
Do you people really have time to actually look up and remember that shit?

punwisp

Reaction score
Do you people really have time to actually look up and remember that shit?

o.o

Actually there is plenty of time, and its not too hard to remember. If your making something like a wc4, accuracy means a lot, and if you miss a lot of points, it tells the reader that you aren't very familiar with the lore.

If you use someone, you don't just use them, you have to make sure you can[i/] use them, so you don't use someone who is dead. What if someone made a wc4 to start right after wc3 and they made grom warchief( Even though hes dead).

Accuracy shows you know what you are doing, and are quite familiar with the lore, unlike some people that have made projects that have little knowledge of it.

And on a side note, Lore is one of the main important aspects of warcraft, thats one key reason its so liked, if it didn't have such great lore, its fanbase wouldn't be as big.

death_knight

Reaction score
Punwisp has got a point. You need the right lore. And whether you notice it or not, the lore makes the storyline and even cinematics and interludes interesting.

Varine

Reaction score
I'm not against that but I don't remember most of the names that he brings up as 'examples'. I know who Grom is, but this would be like me going over a history of the world and being like "Sorry, but this is totally wrong. You see, Ghenghis Khan died in 1227 and it doesn't explain what happened to his horse. It is commonly believed that he fell off of it, and that is a very important point in the lore of Earth." No one cares. I've never read the books nor have most people, as far as I knew they weren't even related to the game series, just set in the universe like most books derived from other stories are. But still I fail to see WHY anyone would have time or the willpower to study this enough to have references for time periods of some figures death.

death_knight

Reaction score
Well it depends how much you're going to relate the map/campaign to previous games and the required lore. I mean, let just say I have 2 maps: the 1st one is heavily based on the previous campaign(s) and the 2nd is the opposite.

The first map will required me to know a lot more lore to make it than I would for the 2nd map.

So it really comes down to how you're structuring you map/campaign

punwisp

Reaction score
Well it depends how much you're going to relate the map/campaign to previous games and the required lore. I mean, let just say I have 2 maps: the 1st one is heavily based on the previous campaign(s) and the 2nd is the opposite.

The first map will required me to know a lot more lore to make it than I would for the 2nd map.

So it really comes down to how you're structuring you map/campaign
Well they used Kil'rogg Deadeye as warchief of the dark horde, and he was already dead, plus hes prob far too old to even be a warchief.

It can be easily fixed too, since theres rend and maim that were warchief of it anyway

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well they used Kil'rogg Deadeye as warchief of the dark horde, and he was already dead, plus hes prob far too old to even be a warchief.

It can be easily fixed too, since theres rend and maim that were warchief of it anyway

This was a fault on Wc3shady's part, since he uses a lot of lore from WoW. As far as I can remember, he is still alive in WoW.

punwisp

Reaction score
This was a fault on Wc3shady's part, since he uses a lot of lore from WoW. As far as I can remember, he is still alive in WoW.

His son is still alive, and chieftan of the clan. However, using him would be a bit random, since hes uncorrupted and such, and hes in Draenor (Outland).

Concerning WoW

this is a pic from WoWwiki concerning Kil'rogg in WoW

This shows, at least in WoW, hes is dead dead.

Official, he is dead. There is a alternate lore piece where it says along with Grom, that he escaped from Draenor and went through the Dark Portal, and was freed by thrall in the warcraft adventures game that was cancelled which was stated is not offical lore or source.

None of it is official lore pieces.

Hes not in WoW, his son is, and it wouldn't make any sense to use him as warchief of Dark Horde. Officially he is dead :p

Why not use Rend? Hes still alive even in WoW, just like a lot of enemies, hes killable.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I actually remember Shady telling me of a nice idea to get Killrog back, but I completely forgot... I'm not sure if I'll ever remember. Anyway, I never said I was keeping him. I'm just not focusing on lore right now as I want to get the very first in-game screenshot out.

Varine

Reaction score
If he had guns it would have been awesome. IF.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.