WIP Warcraft IV : Return of The Burning Legion

punwisp

Reaction score
Why exactly would Orcs leave? Reclaim what? They reached the land known as durotar and it became theres

Kalimdor=
Orcs~Middle/southish lands.
Night Elves~Far northern Lands, some middle territory

Eastern Kingdoms is just packed with races, but there is no reason for them to leave, including after making Orgrimmar. Reclaim what?

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I think he said somewhere along the lines that the Humans or something like that took over Durotar and Oggrimmar; which sounds totally rediculous to me. So to answer your question, I think he means that the Orcs tried and failed to reclaim Durotar and Oggrimmar.

Take a look at his initial post. I think it says it there

death_knight

Reaction score
Great planning and the help of the Titans
:p :D I don't think so. The minions of the Titans want to kill everyone rather than help them. (at least that's what I get from Msakni's description).

Because they have guns, duh.
Guns never helped them before. Take a look at what happened to them in Warcrat III: Reign of Chaos.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Guns never helped them before. Take a look at what happened to them in Warcrat III: Reign of Chaos.

Those guns sucked. Look at how South America was taken over. What's that? Oh, right GUNS.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Those guns sucked. Look at how South America was taken over. What's that? Oh, right GUNS.

Actually, that was due to diseases such as Small Pox reaching the American continents for the first time, and that some Natives allied themselves to over throw empires, or thought the Europeans were gods (but mostly the first)
But yes guns eventually had a small role after the fall of the empires.

If anything I would say its the Human's use of explosives that could help them take on demons.

Varine

Reaction score
Actually, that was due to diseases such as Small Pox reaching the American continents for the first time, and that some Natives allied themselves to over throw empires, or thought the Europeans were gods (but mostly the first)
But yes guns eventually had a small role after the fall of the empires.

If anything I would say its the Human's use of explosives that could help them take on demons.

... dude, it was guns. What is more godlike than a gun? A bigger gun. Way to ruin my fun with history.

What this needs is a supergun.

death_knight

Reaction score
off-topic much! lol

The point is that the humans couldnt have taken over Ogrimmar because they dont possess the means to do it; and the fact of the matter is that the guns wouldn't have helped them much. In WCIII:ROC, it did little to stop the scourge from wiping most of their kingdom out.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Is this project is still alive? I mean, is still being continued by it's owner?

Varine

Reaction score
off-topic much! lol

The point is that the humans couldnt have taken over Ogrimmar because they dont possess the means to do it; and the fact of the matter is that the guns wouldn't have helped them much. In WCIII:ROC, it did little to stop the scourge from wiping most of their kingdom out.

Not like he's updating it. WCIII: ROC guns sucked, these guns rock. The fact of the matter is that through advancing technology the human firearms have indeed become a force with which they are capable of arising to extreme power over the other races. Besides in ROC they didn't do anything for balancing purposes, not for realistic purposes.

death_knight

Reaction score
WCIII: ROC guns sucked, these guns rock. The fact of the matter is that through advancing technology the human firearms have indeed become a force with which they are capable of arising to extreme power over the other races. Besides in ROC they didn't do anything for balancing purposes, not for realistic purposes.

They did suck; no question. But... if the Humans have this advantage, what advantage has he given the other races? If he balanced it so everything was even, then the other races would have done something or got something special which would give them an advantage in some way or another. This leads me on to say that if this balancing occurs, then it is still highly unlikely that the Humans were able to take over Oggrimmar anyway.

And anyway, what makes you think the Humans have a big enough army to take over Oggrimmar? Compared to what they Orcs more than likely have, they probably have jack all.

Varine

Reaction score
Who says it has to be even? Humans get a supergun, shoot it at the gate, and wait for them to come and take them all down like at the end of The Last Samurai.

death_knight

Reaction score
however novel or funny that may sound, the fact of the matter is this is supposed to be a serious campaign and stuff like that don't happen

death_knight

Reaction score
If I must give my opinion:

Considering this guy has replied to nothing at all that we've said for a while and that there haven't been any recent updates, I think it's a sure bet that he's stopped and hasn't told us, or completely forgotten about it and soon will find it and go "Oh Sh*t!". He may not have had a good storyline or anything like that, but it's disappointing when a project just trails off.

So...

Today's Lesson:
If you're going to start a project, then be sure to see it through to the end.

Varine

Reaction score
Or... don't announce it the second you get the idea in your head and go ZOMG DAT IZ ASUMS. Wait a day or two and see if you remember just what it is that was so asum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.