Warcraft Zone Control - 2nd Edition

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Recipie:
Wave of Death
The user shoots a wave that travels the map, damaging ememies in its way. Uses Death Orb and Wave Blast.
(Just base this off of Carrian Swarm. This spell just goes all the way from 1 side of the map to the other.)

Items:
Death Orb
When the owner of this orb kills a unit with this spell, it becomes reborn as an undead ally.
(Based off of Black Arrow)

Wave Blast
The caster shoots a wave of water, damaging enemies in its path
(Just base this off of Carrian Swarm)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Some spell ideas (if needed)

1.Battlelust
An ability that causes the caster 2 increase 10% atck speed every X hits on the same target.Every more level, less hits per 10% IAS.
(model ability: a passive skill like bash)
2.Voodoo tactics (passive)
When the hero attacks, there's a chance to turn the target into a hex.Every more level, more chance, more hex duration.
(model ability: a passive skill like bash)
3.Spirits of the Spark
Summons spirits around the caster that drain mana from enemies 4 every touch and when they get into the caster (end duration) they increase his/her lost mana by the % amount drained.Each more level, more mana drain, spirits, % mp regen, mp cost.
(model ability: Voodoo spirits)
4.Mark of death
Marks a victim with the Mark of death, dealing damage/second.Additionaly, when allied units and the caster attack the victim while under the Mark of death, they all IAS and ID (increased dmg %)
(Model ability: Mark of the abyss-Hero Abaddon DotA)
5.Cleaver insticts (passive)
Gives a % cleaving atk (splash dmg) 2 the hero and a chance 2 cleave for 200% dmg...ONSLAUGHT!!!
(Model ability: cleaving attack)
6.Call of the claw (better use this on a druid-alike hero)
Passively increases AS and gives a % chance 2 summon druids (of ur preferance)
(Model ability: critical or drunken brawler,if u want +evasion)
7.Carrion army (channeling)
Every X secs of time, ur hero summons carrions who attack AOE enemies and deal damage continually.
(Model ability: channel)
The triggers 4 spell 7:
Code:
EV:
Unit begins channeling an ability
COND:
ACTIONS:
Pause (triggering unit)
Play channeling animation of triggering unit
Summon a Carrion underdog at 300 points offset
Add a generic 6 expiration timer 4 (last summoned unit)
Order (last summoned unit) 2 attack-move to 550 range of (position of triggering unit)
Wait 0.75 seconds
Order (last summoned unit) 2 attack-move to 550 range of (position of triggering unit)
Wait 0.75 seconds
Wait 0.75 seconds
Wait 0.75 seconds
Wait 0.75 seconds
Wait 0.75 seconds
Unpause (triggering unit)
Stop channeling animation from triggering unit
That spell is explained ;)
8.Smell of blood (passive)
Each time the caster atks some1, he will open a wound (buff).Each hit deepens the wound, which results in a killing spree (+plus dmg WITHOUT counting armor/hit on same target, -%ms -%as/hit on same target) ORB effect
(Model ability: Ulfsaar's orb effect-DotA)
9.Inner power (passive)
A great passive spell.When the hero attacks, there's a chance that he will unleash his full potential in a X AOE dealing dmg equal 2 his health and STRENGTH->primary attribute best<- and making all units in AOE attack each other for 2 seconds.
(Model ability: a passive spell and much triggers)
;);):D

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
*wow*
+rep for good ideas!

with this amount of ideas (and maybe some more), I should actually be able to have 3 heroes per race (i.e. the 2 heroes as so far + one hero completely based on custom spells) + 3 neutral heroes. The user would then be able to awaken one hero in tier 1, and a second hero in tier 2.

I need a few more abilities, which will be used for the Naga Royal Guards (Naga tier5 melee); ideally 1-2 passive abilities, and 1-2 active (automatic) abilities.

here´s my personal input for one of the neutral heroes:

Goblin Machinist

ability1: Pressure Jump
A strong combustion of pressured air making the machinist jump over a small/medium/high/very high distance towards the target position. Enemy units within the landing area will take X damage and be stunned for X seconds.

ability 2: Minefields
the Machinist randomly spreads out X landmines in the target area. Each landmine deals X damage.

ability 3: Mecanic Reconstruction
sets the Machinist in repair mode allowing him to repair X% of hitpoints per second of buildings, mecanical units and itself.

ultimate ability: Spare parts
(channeling ability)
the Machinist starts to rapidly spin on the spot whilst continuously lancing waves of spare parts on nearby enemy air and ground units. Lasts X seconds

PS: I've heard complaints about heroes in my map not being strong enough, costing too much and taking too long to revive. What's your opinion on that???

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I think of your heroes of good costing and reviving since they can knock out a unit in about 1-4 hits!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Doomhammer said:
*wow*
+rep for good ideas!

with this amount of ideas (and maybe some more), I should actually be able to have 3 heroes per race (i.e. the 2 heroes as so far + one hero completely based on custom spells) + 3 neutral heroes. The user would then be able to awaken one hero in tier 1, and a second hero in tier 2.

I need a few more abilities, which will be used for the Naga Royal Guards (Naga tier5 melee); ideally 1-2 passive abilities, and 1-2 active (automatic) abilities.
1.Naga stomp:The Naga stomps a target each hit, making the ground shake in each hit.(Passive) Damages units in AOE of the shake, and bonus dmg to the attacked unit.
2.Waveblast:Lets out a wave knocking enemies back.Some of them may instantly drown ;)
3.Naga call:Used to summon other Nagas of your liking in a chance while hitting. (passive)
4.Ulti:Abyss hit:The Naga submerges into the ground, creates a wave over the target, emerges next to him, and pawns his head, dealing damage Equal to the target's mana.The more mana, the more damage.
Synergy:Naga Stomp+Abyss hit:Max mana=instant death

here´s my personal input for one of the neutral heroes:

Goblin Machinist

ability1: Pressure Jump
A strong combustion of pressured air making the machinist jump over a small/medium/high/very high distance towards the target position. Enemy units within the landing area will take X damage and be stunned for X seconds.
^My view: add slow, better, less imba, and while slowed increase attack speed of the caster
ability 2: Minefields
the Machinist randomly spreads out X landmines in the target area. Each landmine deals X damage.
^My view:Good, but you can add this: set an integer (X% chance to throw more mines and cost more mana)
ability 3: Mecanic Reconstruction
sets the Machinist in repair mode allowing him to repair X% of hitpoints per second of buildings, mecanical units and itself.
^My view:Quite imba.Make him more vulnareble to attacks while repairing, and make it channeling if you want.
ultimate ability: Spare parts
(channeling ability)
the Machinist starts to rapidly spin on the spot whilst continuously lancing waves of spare parts on nearby enemy air and ground units. Lasts X seconds
^My view:Very good, nothing to add :D
PS: I've heard complaints about heroes in my map not being strong enough, costing too much and taking too long to revive. What's your opinion on that???
Well, I have posted quite a blance :D
Added some of mine comments and ideas-I am a good hero balancer ;)
Btw ty for rep :) gl with the map

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Doomhammer said:
I've heard complaints about heroes in my map not being strong enough, costing too much and taking too long to revive. What's your opinion on that???
Well, after playing your map, I would rather agree, but NiKaNoRoU_GR is truly a good balancer, could help you out :)
And I would suggest making a new hero off the model file of the Arachnid, I got some ideas of it:
Beelmachzen, the Venom archnid:
Primary stat:Agility
kk there I go:
1.Lethal Venom:
Deals a primary X damage, then make the target lose more damage each step he makes for some time.
2.Toxic Field:
The Arachnid spits venom around him, dealing X damage on enemies and healing X health of himself.
3.Poison fume:
When melee attackers hit Beelmachzen, they will get overall stat loss.
In addition, Beelmachzen while having this passive ability and cast Toxic field, he gains some bonuses for some time.
4.Ulti-Flow of Venom:
Beelmachzen lets poison overflow him, becoming totally green.While in poison form, the Poison fume effects are tripled.He gains a poison stacking attack and all his spells cost less mana.

are they good?

Doomhammer

Reaction score
thanks for input and criticism!

I'd find it quite nice to have a custom version of the Goblin Alchemist next to the "Goblin Machinist". My idea is to have two neutral Goblin heroes and two neutral "Element Masters" available in each player's altar, in addition to 3 race-related heroes. I've already got some ideas for the Element Masters (Master of the Winds, and Master of the Soil) - I'll post them once their concepts are complete

So, for the Goblin Alchemist, I find chemical rage quite nice, but the other abilities could either be changed in some way, or completely replaced by custom abilities.

any more ideas on the subject of "chemistry"?

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Doomhammer said:
So, for the Goblin Alchemist, I find chemical rage quite nice, but the other abilities could either be changed in some way, or completely replaced by custom abilities.
Ok:
1.Alchemy potion:
The Alchemist shakes a potion filled with mysterious ingredients and throws to an area.All units on this area will either be stunned or damaged.
2.Liquid chemicals:
The alchemist accidentally on an attack throws in a random target a chemical.If it is a friend, it either boosts attack or hip points regen, if it is an enemy, it either decreases attack rate or movement speed.
3.Experiments:
The Alchemist's experiments increase his other abilities:
1.^ the potion has also a chance to create another effect: make the enemies miss on most attacks.
2^The friendly target has also chance to increase movement speed, and the enemy chance to decrease health/second
Alchemist rage:Increases 2nd spell rate while on rage, and allows it to cast self

good?
4.Ulti-alchemist rage

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
HEY DOOMHAMMER!!!!!! I had this excellent idea for you. Hopefully you are proud!

Pets:
Pets are purchasable units that don't attack but provide bonuses for your and any allied army. They go at a speed of 522 and the auras they bestow have a range of the max. Boosters can be purchased from your local pet shop to upgrade these auras. EACH PET CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT ONCE!!!! All auras stack when you and your ally have the same pet. They are also invulnerable.

Wolf: 1000 Gold
Wolves represent the example of speed and agility. Buying one of these increases the attack speed and movement speed by 5%.

Tiger: 1000 Gold
Tigers represent the example of brutal strength and overwhelming power. Buying one of these increases damage by 5%.

Owl: 1250 Gold
Owls represent the example of wisdom and cunning. Buying one of these increases the mana and mana regeneration rate by 5%.

Turtle: 950 Gold
Turtles represent the example of toughness. Buying one of these increases the armor by 5.

Hawk: 1000 Gold
Hawks represent the example of razorspines. Buying one of these increases the ranged attack damage by 5%.

Bear: 1250 Gold
Bears represent the example of vitality and iron will. Buying one of these increases the hit points and hit point regeneration by 5%.

Boar: 1000 Gold
Boars represent the example of stubborness. Buying one of these increases the melee attack damage by 5%.

Crane: 1750 Gold
Cranes represent the example of luck, wealth, and royalty. Buying one of these increases your gold reserves by 25 every 8 seconds.

Dragon: 2000 Gold
Dragons represent the example of heroes. Buying one of these increases the heroic stats by 5.

Overdrive Booster: 8500 Gold (ONLY UPGRADES ONE TIME)
Doubles the aura properties of pets except the interval of gold income and aura range. THIS CAN BE UPGRADED ONLY ONCE!

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
***!BUMP! ***

Doomhammer hasn't been on since Sep. 24..... he's still offline...well here's a few things he might want to put in after he comes back:

New Races:
Gnoll
High Elf
Satyr
Demon
Dwarves
Nerubians

New Units, Upgrades and Buildings:
Gnolls

Gnoll - Worker
Dmg: N/A
Armor: 0
Builds: Gnoll Training Grounds, Gnoll Hunting Grounds, Gnoll Explosive Factory, Gnoll Bunker, Gnoll Brute Den, and Gnoll Statue.

Gnoll Warrior - Basic Melee
HP: 100
Dmg: 7-7

Gnoll Poacher - Basic Ranged
HP: 90
Dmg: 8-12

Gnollish Sabotager - Heavy Siege
HP: 235
Dmg: 89-95
Armor: 1

Gnoll Brute - Heavy Melee
HP: 1000
Dmg: 40-42
Armor: 3

Gnoll Avatar - Heavy Assualt
HP: 2450
Dmg: 178-242
Armor: 8

Gnoll Training Grounds
Produces Gnoll Warriors. Contains the Fury upgrade.

Gnoll Hunting Grounds
Produces Gnoll Poachers. Contains the Auto-Shot upgrade.

Gnoll Explosive Factory
Produces Gnoll Sabotagers. Contains the Backfire upgrade.

Gnoll Brute Dens
Produces Gnoll Brutes. Contains the Death Wish, Vital Organisms, and Berserk upgrades.

Gnoll Statue
Produces Gnoll Avatars. Contains the Command Aura, Brutal Fist, Frenzy, and Battle Shout upgrades.

Gnoll Bunker
10 Poachers may enter inside. Each Poacher gives a bonus target up to 5 targets max.

High Elves

Elf - Worker
Dmg: N/A
Builds: Arcane Barracks, Archery, Woodworks, Arcane Tower, Stables, and Dragonhawk Nest.

Elven Inceptor - Basic Melee
HP: 120
Dmg: 9-9
Armor: 3

Elven Marksman - Basic Ranged
HP: 100
Dmg: 8-10
Armor: -2

Balista - Heavy Siege
HP: 205
Dmg: 51-78

Elven Guardian - Heavy Melee
HP: 1250
Dmg: 22-29
Armor: 6

Dragonhawk - Heavy Assualt
HP: 2450
Dmg: 178-242
Armor: 8

Too lazy to put in more. I'll be back later.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hey Thanatos!

I came back from quite a long trip

thanks for all those fabulous ideas and suggestions.
Thing is, that in many cases I have to think more practical, i.e. I have to go from What I Want down to What I Can Do. Especially with additional races (like Furbolgs or Satyrs) I have the problem that Blizzard never intended to make more than primitive Forest creeps out of them - so I can't really create a whole "civilization" with what is given; especially substantial buildings/building models are missing: altar, HQ, Defense Tower, and about three advanced buildings for higher tiers. So the 6th race is, despite all the good ideas still somewhere in between the definite "yes" and "no". Ideally I'd have a good modeler on board - which atm I don't. Even with the Naga I'm missing a good model for a Naga siege unit. To make things even more pretty I'd even give the humans better building models serving as "Rifle Range" and "Stalls"

The idea with the pets is very nice! But I kindof don't think it'll fit into the concept; the pets rather deserve a map of their own; some pet AOS, or a completely new game principle that is mainly based on pets could turn out very interesting and very fun.

Right now I'm dealing with other issues - and I could need some support
For ppl interested in joining this project, here's what I could need some help with:

+ terraining (tileset: sunken ruins)
+ modelling
+ unit balancing & conceptual work, i.e. giving input on spells/costs/etc.
+ spell making (requires solid JASS skills - ideally even better than mine)

pm me when interested! - this is no full-time job - there is less time pressure, because the complicated stuff, i.e. trigger/jass code is simply taken over from ZCE 1 and modified; this time it's really about getting creative!

Doomhammer

Reaction score
heroes!

Each race will have one additional hero with custom abilities (if possible)

Human - Sorceress of the Light (model: Jaina)

ability1: Light Seeker
Shoots a ball of concentrated light at the opponent. The Seeker will follow the target and burn X hit points upon impact. Deals additional X hit points damage to enemy units along the trajectory of the Seeker.
[basically an energy shot like the good old Quake2 BFG-shot. With extra time spent on the spell, I could even include physics similiar to the Quake4 anti-matter gun shot]

ability2: Blinding Light
A strong flash of light blinding enemy units around the Sorceress, thus making them refuse their attacking orders for X seconds and retreat.
[kind of the complementary ability to Taunt]

ability3: Cloak of Invisibility (aura)
An aura that renders friendly units in a small/medium/large/very large area around the Sorceress invisible.
[like the arbiter in Starcraft]

ultimate ability:Light Nova (channeling ability)
Concentrated bundles of light that shine from the sky and deal X damage per second to enemy units. Lasts X seconds. Buildings take reduced damage.

Nightelf - Shadow-Walker (model: Furion)

ability1: Tree Wall
Makes a small/medium/large/very large forest sprout in the target area with X% of the growing trees being able to react to approaching enemies dealing X damage per hit.

ability2: Call of Nature
Calls X wisps from close forests to surround and dissolve the target dealing X damage and draining X mana per second. Lasts X seconds.
[-> Archimond's fate at the end of WC3]

ability3: Shadow-Walk
Allows the Shadow-Walker to walk through units and objects bearing a X% damage reduction, yet prohobiting the Shadow-Walker to attack. Lasts X seconds

ultimate ability: Summon Dark-Bear
Summons a mighty bear (3000 hit points) that attacks approaching enemies.
Bear abilities:
i) Head Bite: the Dark-Bear bites off the head of an enemy unit thus killing it instantly and transfering 30% of its health.
ii) Deafening Roar: A mighty roar that deafens surrounding units thus reducing their movement speed by 75% and attack speed by 50%

I'm still working on the 3rd Orc hero, the 3rd Undead hero and the 3rd Naga hero. Original ideas and suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Prometheus

Reaction score
Call me if you need some spells.
Kinda busy with a lot of stuff but if you need it, I can.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
update on terrain

*g* thanks kc!

btw.: here's a little update about the terrain.
Do zone control maps all have to look structured, flat and dull? - I don't think so. Here's a first screenshot of the terrain concept - no doodads added so far.

It's 19 zones for 6 players now; out of two allied players the quicker one will get the 'third zone' around their HQ, which is about as close as the home zone, and then there is exactly 2 zones in between two non-allied players' home zones - a tough fight for zones guaranteed.

In terms of gameplay I decided that there won't be upkeep any more; instead players will receive a low, constant income as long as they have not more than two zones (or less than let's say 50 units, either of both). Once they have more, the constant income will be cut.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the strategic layout: I strongly doubt that any player has remarkable advantages through the chosen map position.

In terms of heroes, I will try to make use of top-notch custom spells including as much physix and stunning special FX as possible.

The 6th race is not decided yet. If I get some cool building models then I'd definitely go for it, otherwise it could be implemented in a later version...or it takes a bit longer until I'll be a good modeler myself.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
moving on...

Hey!
I'm glad to see a lot of interest.

Here are 2 new screenshots of the terrain with more life in it.
I hope you like it.
I never thought I'd enjoy terraining that much...it's kind of exactly what I need when I come home after a stressful day

Progress on Terrain: 55%
Overall: about 10%

Prometheus

Reaction score
WoW
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten Hosted Mapper, you probably need to be SM first
+8 rep for a boost:cool:

Doomhammer

Reaction score
WoW
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten Hosted Mapper, you probably need to be SM first
+8 rep for a boost:cool:

*g* I'm flattered, thanks.

actually my screenshots weren't that well chosen.
Here's a somewhat better impression of how it looks like, captured from WE.
I've still got some more hours to work on that terrain, but atm I don't feel like this might pose a major problem: I'm more than addicted to terraining right now :rolleyes:

so far terrain should be about 85% finished. The only problem in my concept I can already see coming is: what happens to all those doodads when some1 plays with Undead, and it's all full of blight? won't that look a bit weird?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.