Warcraft Zone Control - 2nd Edition

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
thanks for interest! :)

I'm about to add another tier1 ability:
Moon Illusions, for nightelf swordsmen.

I haven't quite made up a decision how to implement it. 2 options:
1) make it an active spell, so each swordsman can create an illusion of himself - only during the night
2) make it a passive spell, giving 15sth % chance that an attack on a swordsman will create an illusion of the swordsman

Dunno about it yet. Ideas, suggestions?

G

Gravedigger

thanks for interest! :)

I'm about to add another tier1 ability:
Moon Illusions, for nightelf swordsmen.

I haven't quite made up a decision how to implement it. 2 options:
1) make it an active spell, so each swordsman can create an illusion of himself - only during the night
2) make it a passive spell, giving 15sth % chance that an attack on a swordsman will create an illusion of the swordsman

Dunno about it yet. Ideas, suggestions?

I'd recommend the second one, because it could get annoying to have to remember to select all your swordman and use the ability during the night.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
*g* thanks Gravedigger

current stats:
*added nightelf tier1 passive ability: Moon Illusions
*added orc Blademaster hero ability Multi Slash (the classic :D )
*added naga Seawitch hero ability Turmoil, which is the Enrage ability made by Vexorian.
*added a little 'setup' menu with spellbook, so players can adjust easily when the workers for zone constuction should be called, e.g. after 250 gold is reached or, 300 gold, or 350, etc.
*minor improvements, like the build animations of the player's base buildings during the camera pan at the beginnign

credits in this place go to emjlr3 for giving me some ideas how to rewrite the omnislash very efficiently, and to Vexorian for the Enrage ability.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
current stats:

*added undead hero ability: a jass enhanced version of sleep with AoE effect
*added Orc hero ability: Hex Aura: when attacking units in the aura, the attackers have a certain chance to be transformed to critters
*added Orc hero ability: Shrink, a spell that shrinks an enemy unit in size, attack damage, movement speed and life (i.e. current hit points and maxlife) respectively by a quarter (lvl 1), a third (lvl 2), a half (lvl 3), two thirds (lvl 4).
*minor improvements regarding unit costs, upgrade costs, and standard abilities

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_001.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_001.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 263

Parsimony

Reaction score
Man... haven't been visiting this thread lately... mainly because of my interval craving of WoW and Granado Espada... probably the only reason I'm in this site is because GE is undergoing maintenance. -_-

BUT. You should know that I'm eagerly awaiting the next version. Oh, yeah, maybe you shouldn't put too strong aura skills. If the hex aura activates too often, it could screw entire the enemy formation. Me be wants an assassin type hero for Undead [Crypt Lord model maybe... it focuses on (duh) assassinating enemy heroes . Or maybe Lich...]

Doomhammer

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. The Hex Aura is indeed damn strong. I already set the Hex chance to 5% on level 1, which feels throughout balanced. On higher levels it messes up enemy formations quickly, but that's also the idea of it :D

My hero concept consists of giving each race a spellcaster, a supporter (mainly healing, shields, auras) and an assassin hero.

I've already had a good idea for undead heroes: summon blood demon. If the blood demon is summoned on top of corpses, its basic max hitpoints are increased by the amount of corpses it can suckle in for sth like 50 + levelbonus hitpoints a corpse. The blood demon then has the ability to reload itself on corpses, again extracting the blood from all corpses in a small area.
I've also messed a bit around with his second ability, "blood spill", which shoots a cone-like gush of blood at enemy units. It looks already pretty good. The blood demon will be an independent summon, and as such automatically assist its caster.

For the Undead assassin hero, I'm using the uber-skeleton model by jigrael, which looks brilliant.
(hero on the left) http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/race_03.jpg

I'm just missing a bit the ideas for him. His theme is 'skulls'. Abilities should mainly focus on single-target damage, or be some sort of passive abilities.

Parsimony

Reaction score
Highway to Hell:

Some kind of dash spell... stunning the enemies in it's path for a short period like 2 seconds for it's level one, but doing noticeable damage to it's target. Or it could, like, fear the enemies adjacent to the dash route, reducing damage by a particular percent. (Yeah, change the name if you want. I only put it there cause' it sounded cool.:) )

Circus of the Damned:

Creates skeletons with good hp but mediocre damage (Or vice versa, whatever you want) adjacent to the target. Level one makes 3, two makes 4, three makes 5, and yada yada yada. (Or, you could make it level one makes one every second for three seconds, level two makes one every second for four seconds...)

And now, I bid you adeu. :D

Parsimony

Reaction score
100% Fresh Frozen Bump.

(Oh God I scarred the good, pure face of this formerly un-bumped post!)

Doomhammer

Reaction score
*g* I love fresh & frozen.

Chuck Norris does not defrost his pizza - he eats it frozen :D

here are some changes

* Added Orc Blademaster ability: "Flying Swordmaster". Allows the Blademaster to do a number of consecutive jumps, thus being able to quickly travel over larges distances. So it's like *jump*,*jump*,*jump*, #dash.
It took me quite some time to get this made, but in the end the ability turned out more than fun.

* Added Nightelf ability Creeping roots - here's a link to the thread where I posted a demo spell map: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67614 it's a spell that includes what would be vector rotation - I've had a lot of problems with terrain deformations however - they're so badly programmed that they cause severe lags - so I'll probably go without them, and use some more art. The idea is that The Keeper of the Land makes the roots in the soil concentrate and creep in snake-like motion towards the target. The roots pop out randomly, and whenever a unit stands above them, until they come out by the dozen on the target area.

*Removed about 900 doodads - grrr, that hurts. So I turned my super-dense jungle look down to dense jungle, so it's not very noticeable. I removed them especially because the Warcraft engine is so lame, and wouldn't allow terrain deformations run at smooth speed. As I decided to go without terrain deformations now, my pesticide-frenzy turned out futile; almost - I think the map runs a few fps faster now.

* With the little Preload-snippet I wrote, I can now properly preload buildings, so no more lags when they're created at the beginning of the game

* The overall code is now mostly free from GUI-created variables. I like those global blocks available with vJass !

currently working on / coming next:

* a redo of shockwave with fire art, maybe even so that units standing in the shockwave are pushed away and with a small chance hurled through the air

* same for warstomp

* vampiric bite: the Dreadlord flys swiftly to the target, stuns it, and sucks its blood thus converting X healthpoints

* draftback: some sort of temporary aura (costs mana) for the Outlaw Windmaster that pushes enemy units back, and with a chance hurls them through the air

* Shadow Aua: An invisibility Aura for the Nightelf Shadow Walker

* Flying Axes: Makes the Beastmaster throw his two axes at the target damaging all units in the way of the trajectory.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_162833_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_162833_02.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 239

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Haha, nice!
Imagaine the Blademaster using his Bladespin skill while doing all this!

Doomhammer

Reaction score
*lol*
actually the bladespin animation was a major problem when creating the ability. But you're absolutely right: Bladespin in the air looks darn funny

G

Gravedigger

Will a test version be available soon? I'll be able to host it a lot on Azeroth server if I can play it before September 5.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Will a test version be available soon? I'll be able to host it a lot on Azeroth server if I can play it before September 5.

A test version...well things can be tested, but the biggie that's missing are the custom building models for naga and outlaw savages. And 6 races, 3 heroes, 4 spells each, that's 72 custom or jass-enhanced hero spells; maybe a few less, as some auras will go in there without any change. There's still a lot to add. Either way, your offer is highly apreciated, and once things are better in place, we can go for some testing.

Parsimony

Reaction score
Awesome. Everything. Except probably the possible lag that you mentioned... I mean, some people even DC while playing (blech) DoTA or (not blech) Tree Tag. This might be hard to play over the net... :( But I still wanna try it out.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
yep. the lag is a general issue. As a means of prevention and in comparison to ZCe, this map will shift the emphasis on abilities and heroes, away from the masses: spawning runs more moderate, the background script will control the individual spawn a lot harsher, and upgrades for overall damage and armor are limited to 9 levels. What does seem to bring forward lags is the amount of moving doodads placed - a solely graphics-related issue after all. I have spent a lot of time rewriting the script to get better performance. First there was gamecache, now I'm moving to vJass (but trying to avoid it if possible - still sceptical of those many arrays, cause that's what structs result in after all) along with struct attachment systems.
So in the end, it shouldn't lag more than a normal footy map under same circumstances.

Parsimony

Reaction score
3 PAGES BACK?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Really, after playing WoW for some... ummm... *Counts Fingers*
Eh, a few weeks, i go to TheHelper site to see this? Blasphemy!

But this project is still under construction right? :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.