Warcraft Zone Control - 2nd Edition

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
showdown...

apart from that, I'm pretty satisfied with the AI, gameplay, balance, and functionality.

over the thumb I can say that it's only a matter of a few more days now until the release 1.0 of Zone Control evolutions

Whoever likes footy should find have a go with this map! It boasts unique features you won't find elsewhere.

Here are some additional screenshots. Note that the multiboard has undergone additional improvements.

hasta luego,
yours Doomhammer :)

http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_005.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_004.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_003.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_002.jpeg

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Release 1.0 is out!

Release 1.0 finished

Finally after 10 months work, here it is for YOU to download

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=287
(if first fails, then download directly from)
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/Zone Control evolutions 1.0.w3x

=====================================================

This is the first official release of Zone Control evolutions, a zone control genre map as its original 'Zone Control’ for Starcraft. Zone Control Evolutions features even higher massed battle than known from footmen wars and previous Zone Control type of maps. Though the masses of footmen are soon to lighten up as the next generation of fierce warriors is to claim the battlefield and prove that only by research and technology this battle can be won. The map is fully playable in multiplayer and singleplayer for up to 8 players (4-6 recommended)

Features:

gameplay
- 6 tiers based on a common tiering system
- easy-to-use mass movement system
- zone system
- the ‘Insight’ feature, turning the game into 3rd person

technical
- map created from scratch
- fully jassed & optimized
- multiplayer/bnet-tested
- integrated calculations for a suitable amount of kills needed to tier up depending on the amount of active players
- integrated spawn control calculating each player’s spawn on the basis of player units and total unit count

units
- 4 standard races with 5+1 types of units a race
- 16 to 18 different types of upgrades per race
- custom unit abilities, such as ‘Demon Claw’ and ‘Cursed Blight’
- careful balancing

extra features
- included a ‘Starter Mode’ with Intro tutorial & tooltips
- included 6 +1 short cinematic sequences
- hardcoded AI supporting 3 difficulty levels
- jassed custom bounty
- numerous little details: best to find out yourself

Screenshots:
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_001.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_004.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_005.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-ScrnShot_006.jpeg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-screenshot_008.jpg
http://home.mnet-online.de/Zone-Control-evo/ZCE-screenshot_010.jpg

To be enjoyed on a fast machine of yours!

G

Gravedigger

The last version was great but it won't let me download it from either of your links on my mac could you just attach it here, maybe for only 24 hours.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm....just by looking at the screenshots, this map is a little different from the Starcraft ZoneControl which I really liked. Your map seems to be fun like the Starcraft ZoneControl 5.51 but with different units, structures, and tileset. By looking at the map, I say its pretty good. I'm going to try it out. Hopefully the link isn't broken.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Yep, just downloaded it and ready to play. I never played this ZoneControl before. So it's new to me.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Dang this map is fun!!! At least better that Starcraft ZoneControl to me. Great map!!! This would map be rated a 50000/10!

Doomhammer

Reaction score
thanks, it`s great to hear that you like my map!

about the download: I`m using a mac right now, and I encountered the same problem. what you have to do: don`t direct-click the download link, but right-click either (or alt-click) the link. this starts the download-manager and won`t show the source as code any more. hope this helps

G

Gravedigger

I tried that but it downloads the file Zone Control evolutions 1.0.wcx.txt which is completely useless...I think.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hey Gravedigger!
since this is a rather general problem concerning about any map, or even any file different from image or text content, I just asked this question in the general tech forum.
I'm afraid I can't be of help with any mac-oriented problems. I very rarely use macs myself, like now atm.
let's just hope to get some answers from other mac-users in this forum.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hm, for some reason, it worked for me when downloading the map from a different location. So that link should work for you as well:
ZCE 1.0

G

Gravedigger

thanks, I saw it was attached at wc3campaigns and now I finally have v1.0. I'm going to try it out it a few minutes :D

Doomhammer

Reaction score
comments & feedback

feel free to state your comment and opinion on the map!

Also: should there be undiscovered bugs - please let me know about them.

The second edition map is already in preparation, and will include

- a fifth race: the Naga
- lost ruins terrain with custom tree models
- 2 Naga heroes with custom abilities
- 4 additional heroes with custom abilities

I'm also up for adding additional features - so any requests and good ideas will be highly appreciated for the second edition

G

Gravedigger

After playing version one this are a few things that I think you may want to fix:

when many units are fighting in the same area the game lags a little as they fight (I only noticed this in v1 and it happens the most during insight mode)

The normal AI is now a little to hard for normal, insane and easy are just right

And may I recommend adding a sixth race to v2 such as pandaren or blood elf or high elf or satyr or creep or one of the ones on wc3sear.ch you could also try setting up your own new race using different wc3sear.ch models or some already ingame. And I'd like to help with v2 if you need it.

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hey Gravedigger,
thanks for your interest and for suggestions!

the AI: especially with the AI on normal there is a large altitude how good it plays. I have still to tune a bit on the values to make it a bit weaker as you said. In many cases it depends also on its team-mate: if an AI normal is in the same team as an AI insane, then it most probably plays a lot better than with an AI greenhorn in team. But I'll try to make it a tiny bit weaker.

Slight lags with high unit counts: I most probably can't fix that as it is. But this is one of the reasons why version 2 will be for 6 players only with about 18 to 21 zones instead of 33.

A sixth race: interesting! Actually I thought about the Demons, or Forest Creep, but I don't have enough building models. I'd also need the models for their siege machines.
For the Naga I'm planning to have a custom siege unit: the Naga Reaver, some sort of slug-like fish which shoots and acts pretty much like the Reaver in Starcraft. I didn't like the stone-spitting Naga turtles as siege units.
I also like to include more jassed custom unit-abilities, (just like I made Demon Claw or Cursed Blight), especially for the Naga; but I'm a bit missing the ideas so far.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I could make a few if you want. I'm coding in JASS now.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Doomhammer, please make the 3rd version a bit bigger so gameplay is more fun and add a few items. (I'm getting kind of bored seeing only the shield and orb in the altar) Make more or I can help you with the items in you need it. Highten the unit spawn time to a higher interval if you need to control lag.

G

Gravedigger

I'll try to setup a sixth race for you then I'll post it here so you can add it to the map!

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Hey!
thanks for input!

@Thanatos_820:
I'll definitely have to make more items for ver 2.0
In ver 2.0 I thought to rather have 3 (or 6?) shops in the map, instead of giving each player an individual shop.
So I can definitely put in more items. Here I'm a bit missing the ideas
I don't know what you mean with bigger (?)
My concept for now is to have ZCE 2 more compact (less zones), but with real nice terrain for less players. so it will surely be more action because it is more a fight for the zones, and because the players are closer together

@kc102:
thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
First things first, however:
Version 2 needs additional Naga abilities for about every tier (I haven't thought about the 6th race yet)
I'm open for suggestions!

@Gravedigger:
the main issue is the building models. I think that forest creeps might suit very well, but then I still need
- research fac
- altar
- buildings for tier 2-6
- dragons
- good ideas for unique abilities&upgrades

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Doomhammer said:
Hey!
thanks for input!

@Thanatos_820:
I'll definitely have to make more items for ver 2.0
In ver 2.0 I thought to rather have 3 (or 6?) shops in the map, instead of giving each player an individual shop.
So I can definitely put in more items. Here I'm a bit missing the ideas
I don't know what you mean with bigger (?)
My concept for now is to have ZCE 2 more compact (less zones), but with real nice terrain for less players. so it will surely be more action because it is more a fight for the zones, and because the players are closer together

@kc102:
thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
First things first, however:
Version 2 needs additional Naga abilities for about every tier (I haven't thought about the 6th race yet)
I'm open for suggestions!

@Gravedigger:
the main issue is the building models. I think that forest creeps might suit very well, but then I still need
- research fac
- altar
- buildings for tier 2-6
- dragons
- good ideas for unique abilities&upgrades

What I mean't was to make the map size a bit bigger while slowing spawning rate.

If you need items here are some:

Sword: Cost 125 Gold
+5 Damage
+5% Attack Speed

Katana: Cost 250 Gold
+10 Damage
+10% Attack Speed

Warlord's Sword: Cost 500 Gold
+20 Damage
+20% Attack Speed
+Splash Bonus

Buckler: Cost 125 Gold
+5 Armor
+5% Movement

Guardian's Buckler: Cost 250 Gold
+10 Armor
+10% Movement

Warlord's Arcanite Buckler: Cost 500 Gold
+20 Armor
+20% Movement
+Ignore 15 damage, can't go below 2 damage.

Orb of Tormention: Cost 50 Gold

Makes 15 units in a range of 600 to attack the taunting hero. Cooldown is 9 seconds. Cost no mana.

Orb of Terror: Cost 125 Gold

Makes 5 enemy units run within a range of 450 for 5 seconds. Cooldown is 15 seconds. Cost 75 mana.

Orb of Glory: Cost 100 Gold

Gives all friendly units a 25% damage boost within a 800 radius for 45 seconds. Cooldown is 1 second. Cost 75 mana.

Orb of Intimidation: Cost 125 Gold

Gives all enemy units a 25% damage decrease within a radius of 600 for 30 seconds. Cooldown is 12 seconds. Cost 90 mana.

Orb of Renewal: Cost 500 Gold

Ressurects 10 allied units in a radius of 1200. Cooldown is 185 seconds. Cost no mana.

Orb of Animation: Cost 500 Gold

Animates 10 units in a radius of 1200. Lasts 120 seconds. Cooldown is 240 seconds. Cost no mana.

Orb of Protection: Cost 150 Gold

Gives a 15 armor bonus to all friendly units within a radius of 900 for 60 seconds. Cooldown is 50 seconds. Cost 150 mana.

Orb of Fracture: Cost 175 Gold

Gives a 15 armor decrese to all enemy units within a radius of 900 for 60 seconds. Cooldown is 50 seconds. Cost 175 mana.

Orb of Adrenaline: Cost 250 Gold

Gives a 50% bonus movement speed and a 25% bonus attack speed to all ally units within a range of 900 for 75 seconds. Cooldown is 70 seconds. Cost 235 mana.

Orb of Cripple: Cost 250 Gold

Gives a 50% movement speed decrease and a 25% attack speed decrease to all enemy units within a range of 900 for 75 seconds. Cooldown is 70 seconds. Cost 235 mana.

All the orbs above are spell casted so don't put them with charges.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.