Ward with taunt wont work?

Running_dap

Reaction score
I have given a ward the Taunt ability, but when i set it on the ground and use Taunt units won't attack it at all. I use the "healing ward" as the ward with the ability, so i'm asking if there are any options on it that makes enemies "unwilling" to attack it. And yes, the ward is vulnerable or invisibility, and the taunt ability plays the animation on the ward.

Ghost-X

Reaction score
You could try to trigger it?

Use order unit to attack unit.

Just set some conditions like

Event
Every 1 second of game
Condition
Unit has specific buff = taunt

Running_dap

Reaction score
well, i know i could trigger it, but why making a trigger since there is an ability already? thanks for the tip, but i would just like to know if the ward has anything "wrong" about it, and enemies won't attack it with taunt. Btw, i think there's something like worker units. Although they got the ability to attack, they are just w8ing for you to set them attack. Wierd :p

Volkof

Reaction score
I tried using Taunt on another unit and unfortunatly lt it does not work. Some sort of a bug, I think. It only works on Mountain Giant and Earth.

You will have to trigger it to force them to attack

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
maybe it's because they can't attack wards, or it has no attack, so theres no point in attacking it
since there's no point in attacking, and other units are attacking it, it'll disregard the spell
units attack the mountain giant when it uses taunt cause it actually can attack and is a threat
so try giving the ward 0-0 damage

Light Alkmst

Reaction score
I think the lowest damage possible is 1-0. 0 base damage and 1 die with 0 sides.
1 die is required, but maybe set the base damage to negative?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
i think if you hold shift before you click that value, then you can add any number, including 0 and even negative numbers

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I tried using Taunt on another unit and unfortunatly lt it does not work. Some sort of a bug, I think. It only works on Mountain Giant and Earth.

You will have to trigger it to force them to attack

I have an idea. Just make a ward based off of a mountain giant or earth. Change the model, make some cosmetic changes, change the unit classification to ward, etc. I think it would work. But then again, it might not. Also, I think that's a good idea for an ability, drop a ward that casts taunt.

Running_dap

Reaction score
I have an idea. Just make a ward based off of a mountain giant or earth. Change the model, make some cosmetic changes, change the unit classification to ward, etc. I think it would work. But then again, it might not. Also, I think that's a good idea for an ability, drop a ward that casts taunt.

Since nothing else worked, i tried your idea and for some wierd reason it didn't work either.

Then i decided to change the options on the Mountain Giants one-by-one to see what's the problem, and i figured out that when i set the movement speed of the Mountain Giant to 0, then Taunt wont work. Then i set movement speed to 1, and Taunt worked wonders. Seems that the units prefer to attack moving units first instead of immovable ones. Thanks all for the replies

Running_dap

Reaction score
Maybe that's why towers are always less appealing to auto-attacking units?

In a AoS map i made, i figured out that units prefer to hit organic units before attacking the non-organics. And i believe that the same happens in DotA (if you happen to have in a wave those mechanical siege weapons, you'll see that they won't attack it, even if it's all alone and some random unit e.x. a hero comes close, they'll attack the hero instead of the non-organic unit)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
perhaps setting the priority of the unit up to 20 might change the order of attack?

Venv

Reaction score
acutly in the unit editor thingy click on ward u want and click the like speficed proties of it and change it from a ward to normal item and also u can make your units you want to attack change it so they can attack wards??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.