WC3 Monopoly

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. Set it up so that it has a more button even if it links to nothing right now, I will have more that I need to add. :D

Vnbear

Reaction score
Lottery

I am sorry to say this but the word 'lottery' has 2 t's not one.
It should be 'lottery' not 'lotery'.Please change the spelling error. Thanks.:)

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Update on Updates >.< lol

Alright so heres all ive done including before

-Fixed Double's Spelling Error
-Set Some Variables into more compact arrays
-Changed some startup triggers from Game Time Elapsed 0.01 Seconds to Map Initialization to reduce lag time for low connection players
-Changed reds choice menu into a more compact, less confusing and correctable choice menu for easy access and use with less variables and trggers.

I belive thats everything and i hope it helps man! i also sent it to you in your email and gl with the map!

DarkNerubian

P.S. Heres a screenshot of reds new menu :D

Also if you want i can do more with building menus for you later but for now heres what ive done :)

Surferkid993

Reaction score
I am sorry to say this but the word 'lottery' has 2 t's not one.
It should be 'lottery' not 'lotery'.Please change the spelling error. Thanks.

Uh oh! I'l change that right now, thank you.

Alright so heres all ive done including before

-Fixed Double's Spelling Error
-Set Some Variables into more compact arrays
-Changed some startup triggers from Game Time Elapsed 0.01 Seconds to Map Initialization to reduce lag time for low connection players
-Changed reds choice menu into a more compact, less confusing and correctable choice menu for easy access and use with less variables and trggers.

I belive thats everything and i hope it helps man! i also sent it to you in your email and gl with the map!

DarkNerubian

P.S. Heres a screenshot of reds new menu

Also if you want i can do more with building menus for you later but for now heres what ive done

Well thank you very much that will help massively. I will take a look at the map, the menu looks terrific!:D :D

Surferkid993

Reaction score
~bump~​
Site has been compleatly redone and is now works with Fire Fox
Took new screen shots as well.

I'm still making progress and a looked over BlackNerubia's work and it looks great I love the new options menu! :D

I'm now piecing everything together, almost all triggers are made all that needs to happen is fixing problems.

S

stiky

Surferkid993 For Pres. Awsome map idea, original. Marry me!!!!!111!1!1

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score

For the player stuff. How 'bout using the human, ne, orc, and undead halls, and the arcane university, the Arcane outpost (human bloodelf mission 1 2 or 3)
And something for the NAga, Gnoll, goblin, and the High Elves too :p

Is he talking about the player pieces / units you move around the monopoly board?

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Surferkid993 For Pres. Awsome map idea, original. Marry me!!!!!111!1!1

Always nice to see a fan, did you check out the site, sign the guest book?

Is he talking about the player pieces / units you move around the monopoly board?

Oh, I was confused about that. Well in that case I have the peices already chosen and listed on the fist page. I might add or change some units soon, if people have a love of a certin unit.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
-bump

Ok, so I have gotten very far from this past week and good news, school ends this friday so I will have plenty of time to work on the map.

Well what I really wanted to say was that I have posted a WC3 file of the terrain, unfortunatly Tonks it is a TFT file not a RoC. :( But nevertheless, check it out it has all the spaces on it and is what the terrain will look like when the game is playable. Hope you like.

S

stiky

why dont people just go out and buy TFT? whats the big deal of 20$?

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Well in Tonks's case he is in Alaska and it is dificult to get to a store that has it and he says he's cheep, I think though he is the only one on this fourm without it. :D

Tonks

Reaction score
Well in Tonks's case he is in Alaska and it is dificult to get to a store that has it and he says he's cheep, I think though he is the only one on this fourm without it. :D

Haha, well, I'll open the terrain file with winmpq, that'll work.

I am cheap, and I don't really need it. I hardly play wc3 anymore, and I can do everything that someone with TFT editor can ;)

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Multiboard

I can build the Property Cards if you want me to for the multiboard system, but your going to need to give me property prices, rent, 1-4 houses, and hotel prices, as well as morgage value, basicly anything on the card, i need to know for each property. then ill see what i can do ;)

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Well I have a multiboard with all the prices and what nots, however what I did was make 24 diffrent multiboards one for each property. This, well, is not the best way to do it. After about 10 the multiboards start to mess up. So what needs to be done is to have the multiboards put into one. I already have the variables if you want the map to work on it so you don't have to make new vars thats ok with me. :D

Glad you can help, it is very much appreciated!

D

Demonspawn21

Eh sorry, I have been working on modding for a different game (falling sand WXSAND)

anyway need any help?

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Eh sorry, I have been working on modding for a different game (falling sand WXSAND)

anyway need any help?

I love that game, BTW.
Thats ok, I changed the site I had a few complaints about the site not working with FireFox, then something weird happened, the blue boxes with the links quit showing up, it was just whites space that you couldn't click.

Nah I'm good on helpers, BlackNerubia, has been and insane help. I might find something for you to do by tommorow, but I have no idea.

PS: Everyone has checked out the terrain sample right?

BlueSin

Reaction score
Huh, I have to admit, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. :)

>>Look around, tell me what you like or don't like.

Pros:
-Looks nice, despite it being done with warcraft terrain & models.

Cons:
-Too scrunched together
-Use of Circle of Powers (since they look akward piled on top of one another in corners.)
-Inside Terrain. Should be a tile rather than grass in my opinion.
-The 'by you' at the bottom. Don't know it just looks weird. Just use your name in either loading screen, credits quest, or text message.
-Lack of original monopoly feel. I still think it'd be better using a flat sqaure model, with a skin of the original monopoly board. Wouldn't be hard, but that's just my opinion. I guess that would take away the warcraft-ishness to it. :)

Few questions:

• Do you know JASS?
  • Perhaps you should learn a bit of web design? :p
  • What's not done? (Too lazy to look on first post to see if it's there.)
  • What problems or 'roadbumps' are you having with making it, if any?

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Pros:
-Looks nice, despite it being done with warcraft terrain & models.

Cons:
-Too scrunched together
-Use of Circle of Powers (since they look akward piled on top of one another in corners.)
-Inside Terrain. Should be a tile rather than grass in my opinion.
-The 'by you' at the bottom. Don't know it just looks weird. Just use your name in either loading screen, credits quest, or text message.
-Lack of original monopoly feel. I still think it'd be better using a flat sqaure model, with a skin of the original monopoly board. Wouldn't be hard, but that's just my opinion. I guess that would take away the warcraft-ishness to it.

-Thank you, the Idea is to make it a Warcraft Monopoly, like a Starwars Monopoly would have star war characters and spaces. I was thinking about making it all warcraft like custom models used in other games like and ENFO's or Wintermaul, but I decided to stick to the campain part of Warcraft III.

-I compleatly agree, I had a rtio that I had to work with to keep in in balance and look right. In the start I had choosen a larger size to cause less cramping. This looked much, better but I found to lagging much more and it took a long time to load, so I went with the smaller size and I found it to be much better. A few spaces need a lot of work to decrese the clutter like the one with thrall's hut in the mountains.

-When I did the circle's of power I thought, what a great Idea, this is an easy way to see who owns what property. Then I got to the first corner and thought, wow that looks cheesey, I waas thinking of a diffrent unit to use, do you have any suggestions?

-Ya, I didn't know what to do with the middle

-When I sized the map down I had alot of extra space, I saved the space incase I needed it for anthing. So I filled in the space and wrote my name in it for fun, I acually looked better when it was written in trimed grass, but Anything. changed the terrain types so now it looks diffrent. I don't mind though. That space is also going to be used for minigames.

Few questions:

* Do you know JASS?
* Perhaps you should learn a bit of web design?
* What's not done? (Too lazy to look on first post to see if it's there.)
* What problems or 'roadbumps' are you having with making it, if any?

-Unfortunatly no, I started to learn it once did I stoped after a short period of time.
-Ya I should, I've never made a real web page before, I am acually finishing up a Web-1 class so my html knowladge is still minimal.
-Fighting, and minigames, but plan to realse a version without those first then a version with them. Everything else is just fixing problem's and making it look better. Oh and an AI for computer players, Mr Zero is going to do that once it is finished.
-The Multiboard, but BlackNerubis is actually working on that right now. Trading and Upgrading. And then Jail.

Tonks

Reaction score
I did it! I figured out how to convert TFT maps to RoC. :D

It makes the file size quite a bit bigger; but it works! And I can still use Vex's optimizer to lower the size.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.