WE newbie looking for advice

fudgikillz

Reaction score
My friend recently turned me on((innuendo)jk) to The Helper.

Anyways, I want to start mapping and I could use some help getting used to World Editor. I'm still a huge newbie...

I'm mostly interested in making spells and other stuff for my friend Avaleirra. :)

cryowraith

Reaction score
If you're interested in spell making, you should start with object editor then go on to triggering. Mess around with the editor and perhaps read some tutorials on spell making.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
If you have Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, then it would be very good. Start off with familiarising yourself with the Object Editor. Try to randomly create some terrain, put some units, etc. Once you are familiarised with those stuffs, you can try create some custom units, learn basic triggering and how to import. All of these are vital. But do not worry. With The Helper, it will be simple and easy. :D And also, welcome to The Helper! :D

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
What I did to get started was take a random melée map and edit the heroes and spells in the object editor. I don't really remember how I got to where I am now :p

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I suggest you work with your Object Editor, Terrain Editor, Item Editor etc. But just don't touch the Trigger Editor yet, it'll confuse you. However, if you reach the stage where you want to start with triggering, choose GUI or JASS at that point. I suggest go straight to JASS if you want to do it rather than GUI, then JASS.

fudgikillz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, I've been fiddling around in object editor for the past little while. Glad to know I'm welcome!

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Try some simple tips? Here try this one. It's loaded with some basic information that may help you familiarize with the world editor.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Just play with editor and u will learn.
Nothing hard...

You're begging the question he asked. He asked which part to start with. And you just gave back the question as an answer, "Play around with the world editor". Wow.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
He is pretty much brand new to WE. He can't really learn by just "playing around". I've been helping him with some basic things but when it comes to learning spells he's gonna have to find someone eps since spells are one of my weak points.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
lol, that friend was me :p. And now that you point it out it does sound very wrong :p.

avalya

Reaction score
It was the very first thing I read and it made me chuckle. :p

But yeah, play around in the object editor and try to make as innovative spells as possible without triggering, then when you get more familiar with it, start doing simple triggered spells, Daelin has made at least one good guide that I learned from, if not more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.