where do i put credits

Cdo

Reaction score
hi, i've been working on a game recently and i've put up a few threads asking for help and now i hope this will be my last (no offense, i mean i'd rather not have any issues with my game...) anyway, this final issue (hopefully) is the credits, you see i was being awesome and i thought to myself
'Instead of using warcraft 3's icons it already has... to make my game look better and slightly different because surely everyone is bored of these icons... (not that that's really possible but anyway)... why don't i just import all my icons off Hive Workshop and there lies my problem.

You see i've imported over 50 icons now and i can't really find anywhere to list the people who made them in the credits, i've got them all written down on my computer but i don't know what to do... any ideas on where i can list thems (keeping in mind that there is alot of people on that list)
:thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the quest tab is the ordinary way of doing it.

you could also create an item with the names in the tooltipp or an ability. (depends on the kind of game you are making)

but i guess it would be alright to write them all in the quest tab.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you can create a cinematic, and have all those names go on the screen!
make a big-ass multiboard!
in the loading screen
quest tab/game info tab!
if the map has it's own website! (you never know)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
you could try putting something like this in your loading screen..

"thanks to the guys at hiveworkshop.com for all the nice icons and please check map quests log for credits .

then put all your information /credits in the map quests thingie

avalya

Reaction score
Credits cinematic... that's a good way to make people leave the game. :p

avalya

Reaction score
Just sayin'.

It's a neat way to do it, but people don't like it, hence they leave, which sucks. :(

And, more on-topic; go for quest log credits in my opinion.

Cdo

Reaction score
brilliant ideas but it comes down to the fact i need to fit in 50 names... so ill do multiple ideas, in the loading screen i'll write thanks to hive and people and stuff, then i'll make a -credits command that rolls the credits that way no-one is forced to be bored and just leave anyway but i know i've got those credits in there :)

thanks guys:thup:

avalya

Reaction score
Well, I thought about a -credits command as well for my map, but decided not to, since nobody will use it.

If you want people to at least pay attention to them, then put it in the quest log.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you could create one of those cinematic credit things you see after a show on tv when it is over... the credits scroll up so fast, you can even see if it's english or something else... that would be fair though..
quest is probably the best option!
glad that you are giving credit to those people!

avalya

Reaction score
you could create one of those cinematic credit things you see after a show on tv when it is over... the credits scroll up so fast, you can even see if it's english or something else... that would be fair though..
quest is probably the best option!

Can't? :p

But yeah, that'd be a cool idea, but too bad that a cinematic is more work than quest logs and everyone leaves when the game is over anyways.

Cdo

Reaction score
seriously i treid quest but just imported icons takes up 2-3 full quests... because it cuts it off after so long which is why i decided for the whol -credits command + the loading so i thank em in the loading screen which every1 will see and even if nobody chooses to type -credits i doubt theyd willingly read thorugh 50+ names anyway so it's the best approach for the -credits command and stuff... thanks for the help guys :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.