Will it do harm if I:

download some themes into my computer?
install programs into hard disk C?

Thanks.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
you mean use your computer? no.

Hard disk C is your main hard drive. You HAVE to install stuff onto it for it to be on your computer!

Howcome you have to ask us? Can't you ask at school or ask your family?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>You HAVE to install stuff onto it for it to be on your computer!

No you don't you can have more than one harddrive or more than one partition, you don't HAVE to install anything other than the OS onto C:.

However, that's not what I was saying, he was asking if it will do harm, to which my answer is no.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
If you do both on the same time it will cause harm in the form of fragmentation:eek:

That is why I never install and use my comp at the same time.
It can cause your comp to run slower than usual, and it is fixed by using a defragmentation program, such as the one built into your os(windows atleast):)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
If the themes have viruses or malware or something in them it will, same with the programs, otherwise your fine. I wouldn't download programs and themes unless you are sure they are virus free.

Kind Regards

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If the themes have viruses or malware or something in them it will, same with the programs, otherwise your fine. I wouldn't download programs and themes unless you are sure they are virus free.

Kind Regards

How can you be sure their virus free without downloading them?

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
DON'T intall anything.

You should never install any programs or themes on your computers. Just pick a nice desktop background and you can look at that. You know you shouldn't install anything on your computer. What were you thinking...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
WindowBlind is a nice theming program. You may install it.

No it's not, it's a useless resource hog that uses far more resources than it should or needs to. I would HIGHLY recommend not using it if you want your computer to run nicely.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Themes as a whole are a complete waste of resources and they don't have any real benefits. You'll get bored of your cool little theme after 2 days and many of these programs (like WindowBlinds) make it VERY complicated to undo the things you changed with it. Windows 7 lets you choose colors for your windows and start menu...isn't that enough for you guys?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Themes as a whole are a complete waste of resources and they don't have any real benefits. You'll get bored of your cool little theme after 2 days and many of these programs (like WindowBlinds) make it VERY complicated to undo the things you changed with it. Windows 7 lets you choose colors for your windows and start menu...isn't that enough for you guys?

NO OMG I WANT MINE TO BE PINK AND HAVE COOL ICONS BUT I DONT NO HOW TO MOD WINDOWS BECAUSE IM STUPID /sarcasm

Seriously, there are ways to change your themes by modifying windows files. It doesn't take up much (if any) extra processing power to run. Only problem is it is fairly hard to undo.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
NO OMG I WANT MINE TO BE PINK AND HAVE COOL ICONS BUT I DONT NO HOW TO MOD WINDOWS BECAUSE IM STUPID /sarcasm

Seriously, there are ways to change your themes by modifying windows files. It doesn't take up much (if any) extra processing power to run. Only problem is it is fairly hard to undo.

Not at all. Search around here at TH, there are a few good tutorials on how to style your theme that use no more resources that the default theme does...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.