World Edit Crashes when viewing Model

MrCrowley

Reaction score
Im importing a custom model i made into my game, and everything is working fine. The model goes into the import manager and its identified as a model. When i try to set it as a unit or doodads model, the entire program crashes.

I've tried reimporting and editing the model several times, nothing seems to work.

Any explanations?

Jun

Reaction score
Post the model link please.

Btw, try other models?

And how to add rep on the forum anyway.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Where did you get the model from? I believe it should be the model's problem. Check if the model is an approved from where you downloaded it.

Dest

Reaction score
Where did you get the model from? I believe it should be the model's problem. Check if the model is an approved from where you downloaded it.

Im importing a custom model i made into my game

Read carefully.

I believe it's your model problem, which you might have done something wrong to it.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Check that all the textures you imported have the correct filepath, otherwise the creator has messed up and added something that's unrecognised by WE.

MrCrowley

Reaction score
I cant post the model link because i made the model myself, but ill attach it.

The model is perfectly visible in War3 Model Editor, which is confusing because you'd think it would work in the game

2d91vth.jpg

It seems to me that the model is corrupt. I have copies of the model in the stages it was being made, is there anyway i can fix it?

Attachments

• branch.mdx
    5.9 KB · Views: 83

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
Where did you download v1.07? Please post the link :eek:...

But really, models that show in Magos' model editor or any other model editor don't necessarily work in WE. Some features are not supported by WE, and sometimes models just bug out by default. Try skimming through all the nodes and geosets to see if something's not right, he might have made a small mistake when he uploaded the models.

MrCrowley

Reaction score
Forget it >.< I've looked at the nodes, geosets, textures, and everything. I'll try to remake the model again and hope it doesnt bug.

Also da1nOnlyEd, i got 1.07 here :]

LurkerAspect

Reaction score
Well, at least you tried. I see you location says stuck with RoC; are you trying to import your model into RoC? Then save it as an .mdl not a .mdx.

And thanx for the link! I'd +rep you, but I've given out too much in the last 24 hrs, so I can't! (forum rules)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.