Would You Play This?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I got an idea bouncing around in my mind for a map:

Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination. The map is filled with villages to conquer, by killing the mayor/lord/king. Towns vary in difficulty.

There would also be Thieves Dens, where you could buy supplies and hire mercenaries.

Every time you conquer a town you gain control over it. Its income is added to yours as well as the soldiers there.

The goal of the game is to capture the main city. It's heavily guarded, and there's other Warlords to look out for as well.

So, does that sound like a game you would want to play?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
So a cross between Risk and King of the Hill? That'd be interesting. :thup:

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination.
So you only start with a warlord nothing else?
would the thieves den be somewhat hidden or out in the open?
This idea has potential hopefully you can make the best of it

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea, a few things I'd change are..
Nobody is allied. (Or you can ally with commands)
You start with a small camp (Tents, etc)
You start with a small group of bandits.
The aim of the game is to kill eachother :)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Instead of you objective being to capture the main city it should just provide more units than usual or better units when you capture it to aid you in your quet for world domination. Romeks suggestions are good to
And Romek that is more than one thing changing :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was originally one thing, then I made it a list when I thought of more things :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Hm I think I may add an 'evolution' feature so that as your hero levels up he becomes stronger; like, he starts just as a thug and eventually becomes a warlord. And I like the idea of having a small starting camp, Romek.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
That evolution idea is great, maybe once you get to lvl 10 you "evolve" into a different unit skin, and get different skills.

Is it gonna be when your warlord dies, no matter how many towns/units u got you lose? Or you have to kill warlord and all of the players towns?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Technically you can't 'lose', you can just not win. If your warlord dies he will revive at a Thieves' Den.

I would make victory controlling every town but I plan on making nine of them, so it would probably be something of a long game. If it's just 'get the city' then it doesnt take so long to win.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I say it should be more like a 3v3v3, then having like warlords plan out attacks and stuff.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I don't think it should be make your own allies because there is always 1 person who winds up by themselves, usually the people who dl and they were be utterly screwed

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I like the idea. Teams of 2 would be gould in this game.

Here's an idea for ur map:
When you capture a town, it has a regular spawn of units (eg 5 footmen) and have triggers which make them attack the closest enemy town.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
This sounds a lot like War of the Lost Kingdoms with the hero idea from Creep Wars. I'd suggest downloading these two maps and playing them like mad. The first one more than the second.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I like the idea. Teams of 2 would be gould in this game.
Haha, sorry, that is the funniest spelling mistake, hopefully I have seen in a while +rep dude.

On Topic: Teams and like side quests would make me maybe play it, just not a big fan of such maps.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'm not much for controlling armies, but I think this would be very fun! Just make sure not to make armies TOO big, because you can only select 12 units at a time ;)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
make more strategy instead of full on whoever has the biggest army wins

Make it so instead of one pro instantly controlling lots of cities at the start and then proceeds to destroy everyone, if you could get it so you can take 12 or so guys and sneak in and kinda ambush the towns that would be cool

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Yeah I've begun messing with it and for probably the first half of the game you won't be getting more than 12 men for an attack force, unless you're not gonna defend your towns at all. Although, I might make the bandits more expensive to hire. It's more about taking out the mayor of the town as fast as you can with as little casualties as possible, because when you kill him the soldiers you're fighting now will go to your team.

I was thinking of another feature. When a player takes the main city, all the remaining warlords are allied against him and have 15-20 (not sure yet) minutes to kill him, and if they do then they are all declared "victors".

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then I wouldn't want to capture the main city.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I got an idea bouncing around in my mind for a map:

Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination. The map is filled with villages to conquer, by killing the mayor/lord/king. Towns vary in difficulty.

There would also be Thieves Dens, where you could buy supplies and hire mercenaries.

Every time you conquer a town you gain control over it. Its income is added to yours as well as the soldiers there.

The goal of the game is to capture the main city. It's heavily guarded, and there's other Warlords to look out for as well.

So, does that sound like a game you would want to play?

I would play it exactly the way it is mentioned here. As long as it is FFA. Cause it would be too easy in my opinion if you could ally others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.