Would You Play This?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I got an idea bouncing around in my mind for a map:

Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination. The map is filled with villages to conquer, by killing the mayor/lord/king. Towns vary in difficulty.

There would also be Thieves Dens, where you could buy supplies and hire mercenaries.

Every time you conquer a town you gain control over it. Its income is added to yours as well as the soldiers there.

The goal of the game is to capture the main city. It's heavily guarded, and there's other Warlords to look out for as well.

So, does that sound like a game you would want to play?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
So a cross between Risk and King of the Hill? That'd be interesting. :thup:

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination.
So you only start with a warlord nothing else?
would the thieves den be somewhat hidden or out in the open?
This idea has potential hopefully you can make the best of it

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea, a few things I'd change are..
Nobody is allied. (Or you can ally with commands)
You start with a small camp (Tents, etc)
You start with a small group of bandits.
The aim of the game is to kill eachother :)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Instead of you objective being to capture the main city it should just provide more units than usual or better units when you capture it to aid you in your quet for world domination. Romeks suggestions are good to
And Romek that is more than one thing changing :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was originally one thing, then I made it a list when I thought of more things :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Hm I think I may add an 'evolution' feature so that as your hero levels up he becomes stronger; like, he starts just as a thug and eventually becomes a warlord. And I like the idea of having a small starting camp, Romek.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
That evolution idea is great, maybe once you get to lvl 10 you "evolve" into a different unit skin, and get different skills.

Is it gonna be when your warlord dies, no matter how many towns/units u got you lose? Or you have to kill warlord and all of the players towns?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Technically you can't 'lose', you can just not win. If your warlord dies he will revive at a Thieves' Den.

I would make victory controlling every town but I plan on making nine of them, so it would probably be something of a long game. If it's just 'get the city' then it doesnt take so long to win.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I say it should be more like a 3v3v3, then having like warlords plan out attacks and stuff.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I don't think it should be make your own allies because there is always 1 person who winds up by themselves, usually the people who dl and they were be utterly screwed

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I like the idea. Teams of 2 would be gould in this game.

Here's an idea for ur map:
When you capture a town, it has a regular spawn of units (eg 5 footmen) and have triggers which make them attack the closest enemy town.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
This sounds a lot like War of the Lost Kingdoms with the hero idea from Creep Wars. I'd suggest downloading these two maps and playing them like mad. The first one more than the second.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I like the idea. Teams of 2 would be gould in this game.
Haha, sorry, that is the funniest spelling mistake, hopefully I have seen in a while +rep dude.

On Topic: Teams and like side quests would make me maybe play it, just not a big fan of such maps.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'm not much for controlling armies, but I think this would be very fun! Just make sure not to make armies TOO big, because you can only select 12 units at a time ;)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
make more strategy instead of full on whoever has the biggest army wins

Make it so instead of one pro instantly controlling lots of cities at the start and then proceeds to destroy everyone, if you could get it so you can take 12 or so guys and sneak in and kinda ambush the towns that would be cool

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Yeah I've begun messing with it and for probably the first half of the game you won't be getting more than 12 men for an attack force, unless you're not gonna defend your towns at all. Although, I might make the bandits more expensive to hire. It's more about taking out the mayor of the town as fast as you can with as little casualties as possible, because when you kill him the soldiers you're fighting now will go to your team.

I was thinking of another feature. When a player takes the main city, all the remaining warlords are allied against him and have 15-20 (not sure yet) minutes to kill him, and if they do then they are all declared "victors".

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then I wouldn't want to capture the main city.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I got an idea bouncing around in my mind for a map:

Each player starts with a warlord who is bent on domination. The map is filled with villages to conquer, by killing the mayor/lord/king. Towns vary in difficulty.

There would also be Thieves Dens, where you could buy supplies and hire mercenaries.

Every time you conquer a town you gain control over it. Its income is added to yours as well as the soldiers there.

The goal of the game is to capture the main city. It's heavily guarded, and there's other Warlords to look out for as well.

So, does that sound like a game you would want to play?

I would play it exactly the way it is mentioned here. As long as it is FFA. Cause it would be too easy in my opinion if you could ally others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.