Yet another passive cooldown question.

millz-

Reaction score
I know that there have been many many threads regarding this, I also know that you can make it work with Orb of lightning + Another ability, which was what I did. But now, my problem is, my "Another ability" together with orb of lightning IS not what is supposed to be cast on Attack. Meaning, it's not a searing arrow, poison arrow, frost arrow, whatever.

It's a resurrection spell that is supposed to be triggered when a nearby ally dies. I have made the resurrection work, a self-made cooldown timer thing to calculate it's real cooldown, but I want it to "cast" the ability so that the icon goes into cooldown mode. The "Another ability" of orb of lightning is based of Channel, has cooldown properly set, is instant cast (no target), has same order string ID has the orb, etc. Everything is supposed to be in right place, but when I IssueImmediateOrder with that order string ID, it doesn't really make my unit cast it.

So my real question is, after explaining this much, is it possible to "order" the orb to cast its ability NOT via attacking? If there's no real way of doing it, I may have to resort to display a Leaderboard showing the remaining cooldown time :/

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do not believe you could order it to attack without the unit attacking.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If your having problems with the order ID or whatever make it based off of warstomp, or better yet berserk, so it won't interrupt movement.

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Try giving the unit 'Channel' with the same order id as the ability which you want to go into cooldown and cast channel to see if it works (ergo the ability goes into cooldown),and if it works you should give the ability 0% chance to cast itself on attack.

hope this helps :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.