• Not much an RPG fan, but willing to try this out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABY!! O_O

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Cookie

Alrightey, sounds great, i solidly read the first 3/4 then skim read the last quarter, but still, a couple of questions which i dont think i found in the thread...

1. Will this be a single-player RPG, or a multiplayer RPG, like one you play on B.net

2. No more Questions ;)

Alright, i would love to help you terrain. I have terrained multiple RPG's and would have to say (Not being modest guys :p ) Im not half bad at terraining :D ... I know you 'may' have found someone to terrain, but if this is going to be this larger project, you may need multiple terrainers :D

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Hey guys, when I get the time, I'm going to edit the first post of this so that it is more organized and contains some helpful information about the game. I won't include all of the systems and so forth as I want some of it to be a surprise, but yea ^)^

Oh, I still do need terrainers and artists and stuff if people are interested. I already have 2 terrainers, but heh, one of them's 12 and the other, i dunno ;p

but I'm sure they'll both help out a lot. Just don't know if they'll do a full world.

btw, I think I might be able to figure out a way around the 4 mb limit, the save/load for single player, and loading maps ^)^

I used to deal with modding a game 100%, so imma check out some of the programming if I can, I dunno tho ;p

If it's in the bleh source code, the background stuff, that'll be bad to edit, I might go to jail for that, heh ><

but if not, then bleh, I'll try developing a patch for people to dl ^)^

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Soo.... In short, this will basically be a Pyramid Escape with RPG Elements in it?

Pyramid Escape is already fairly big, and it's map isn't too large (I'd say around 128x128) either. (I mean the full map, the total area of the minigames combined.)

But when you add a 256x256 or 224x224 map to it, add in a giant amount of triggers/quests, that will probably be well over the 4 MB limit.

However, what I suggest you do is, (I haven't seen this done in many maps before) you make an "Offline" version, with all of the stuff and stuff, to level up your character, then carry the Save-Load code into another map, where your character can be uploaded and played online in a rather less... larger map.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
not at all -.-

this is an RPG that will be more advanced than any other RPG on wc3 today... it'll include all sorts of systems, some mini-games that get you rewards, but it is not going to be at all like pyramid escape... or like uther party... or any of those others... ><

these mini-games are things like building a ship, which u later use to fight other people with... -.-

getting a personal army to help u in adventures...

heh..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.