World Billionaire will dig tunnel linking Russia and US

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich has fuelled talk of a massive tunnel between Europe and America by forking out $160 MLN on the world’s largest drill. The 19-metre giant will be the first drill capable of boring a four-lane tunnel.

The project would link Russia’s far eastern Chutoka region, which Abramovich governs, with America’s Alaska.

The tunnel was first mooted by the Tsars and then in the 1990s, but both times it was dumped because of high costs.

President Vladimir Putin is said to back the latest idea, as it would open up lucrative freight routes from Europe and allow Russian gas to be easily exported.

Last edited:

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The TSARS were considering building a tunnel? Back THEN? o_O
No suprise, I guess. Russia made a cannon in 1586 that STILL has the biggest bore ever, a bell in 1735 that is STILL the most massive, and a bomb in 1961 that is twice as powerful as the second most powerful (also Russian) and 4 times as powerful as any the US has ever made. Count on them to have the most epic tunnel xD

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
No one knows that, but that Russian bomb (Father of All Bombs) was claimed to be the most powerful non-Nuclear bomb and 4 times more powerful than USA's Mother of All Bombs.
And Russion also made the most powerful Nuclear bomb anyway.

Anyway, back on topic.
So I can imagine an underground tunnel from Russia to US, a loooong straight tunnel.
I bet only trains use that :p
(no one can stand driving all the way from Russia to US)

Or perhaps, an uber long and big pipe?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's good. I actually hoped something like this would happen many times.

Would humans be able to go under? Since it'd have to be really deep and with pressure and whatnot.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh no, the Russians will bring their weapons to the US easier. That's the last thing the US needs.

If this does go through I imagine it'll be really good news for Alaska's development and economy.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
>wait 4 X more destructive then the bombs dropped on japan? o.o
2000 times the bombs on Japan is more correct. Fat Man was thin compared with the beasts of today :p

>Would humans be able to go under? Since it'd have to be really deep and with pressure and whatnot.
About 55m deep according to wikipedia. Besides, you would need to go really deep before it would make any difference. After all we have a few km of atmosphere above us so a few hundreds of meters more doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm planning my road trip to the US of A atm :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When the biggest Russian news in a while is an underground conduit to the US and a large order of mice you have got to wonder what is up? The Internet practically dicates the question to be asked, WTF?

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
When the biggest Russian news in a while is an underground conduit to the US and a large order of mice you have got to wonder what is up? The Internet practically dicates the question to be asked, WTF?
Hahaha...

It's funny how people use money, I know there is no point in arguing about how money is spent, but can some very nice guy, not give all of us a million or two just for the heck of it instead of wasting it on some tunnel.. whats a tunnel going to accomplish, if you finish it..? Global Warming underground..?

Come to think of it, I'm Russian =D...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Alright, all we need is Bill Gates to build another one from New york to Europe =D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.