Bug Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

duyen

Reaction score
Ok, I can't really explain it, but here's how to reproduce.

Step 1: Click "Post Reply" in this thread then post the message "This bug works!"
or anything else, dosen't matter.

Step 2: Click "Edit", then clear the message of all text but do not submit.

Step 3: Click "Go Advanced" then an error message will be at top saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters", when you never submitted it. (Not to mention is says characters)

I don't think this is intended...

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Ever heard the joke about the patient who says to his doctor, "Doctor! It hurts when I bend my elbow!", and the doctor replies, "Well then, don't bend your elbow."?

Either way, it's probably a lot easier for people to just not do this rather than Ace have to go and fix it. But who knows, he may do it anyway.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't see much of a point in fixing it.

Well, you can always just type asdf real quick.

The system may have some minor flaws but it has its work arounds, so it isn't much of a problem.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
That's not a bug.

When you go advanced after whatever activity, the forum tries to preview your message.
Here it notices that there actually is not enough message to do so, and it tells you.

Works as designed.

duyen

Reaction score
You say everything works as designed, but what if people don't like how it's designed -.- :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You would have to talk to the people who created the forum software - VBulletin. The action that you reported as a bug is not something that we created or customized. It is the action of the forum software.

We do not feel this is a bug so we are not going to report it.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
i also know you can't edit unless you go advance because otherwise when you click save nothing happens????

EDIT:
Well, as you can see with this "edit", works just fine without any advanced stuff :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@juty: It just takes a while, because it has to rearrange the coding and everything for the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.