How do I make the computer fight?

F

futurspast

I'm a complete newb to map making and forums. And I emphasize NEWB. Anyways, I searched a couple of forums and can't find the answer to my question (probably cause it's too simple). I made a basic map that contains 6 start locations (2 humans, 4 comps). I've got a minor trigger stating that if player a kills 50 units, create hero. Anyways, all the computer does is mine and get gas. I even created barracks and such for the computers but they don't create units. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, one of the computers will act normally and do what it must to try to kill me but this happens about one every 5 or 6 games. I've only used the basic starcraft editor. I haven't used any modding tools yet (figured i should get this working before i continue). I've created a trigger that would make the computers insane in skill but still nothing. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I'm completely stumped. Thanks in advance

F

futurspast

The trigger is setup for the whole map (I made a location which took the whole map and called the location all map). The trigger has the always condition and two actions. One that makes the opponent insane and one that is preserve trigger. I created one separate trigger like this for each computer opponent (total of 4). Do you think i might of forgotten to add something in the trigger? like another condition? or is it that the computer just hates this map and doesn't want to do anything other than harvest with the droids I already gave it?

P

PROtoss

EZ

you have to use an AI script depending on how hard you want the comp to be. Example: Terran campain easy or zerg campain medium or protoss campain difficult. each race has easy medium and difficult

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.